Strange Feelings

My Choi Savior

 

Siwon is left standing at the bridge looking down to the river. He couldn’t grip the man’s arm to invent him from falling, and so now that man is about to sink. Siwon doesn’t know what to do. A strong feeling in his heart is urging him to jump after the guy and save him, but another voice keeps reminding him of the fact that he can’t swim anymore. But Siwon wants to save that man, he really wants to ...

‘Omo, poor guy. He looks young. What a shame!’

‘Someone call 119…’

‘They wouldn’t be here in time’

‘Aigoo, no one has ever survived from the Han River’

People stopped when they saw the man slipping and falling into the river, but no one dares to even try and save him. All they could do is talk about how pitiful it is, how he still looks young, but nothing more.

Those voices echoed in Siwon’s ears while his eyes never left the falling man. He watches how the man’s body disappeared, how there’s no trace of the bubbles that form when someone is breathing underwater. Of course living in Seoul his whole life, he is familiar with how the river runs against the flow, but he’s a professional swimmer, well an ex-swimmer, so if only he could still swim, he is confident he would’ve saved him.

But still, why? Why are his feet moving anyway? Why is his body jumping after that stranger? What the hell is he thinking?

Siwon unconsciously jumped after the falling man. He doesn’t fully realize what he just did until his body touches the water. Surprisingly, he doesn’t care about his reasons at the moment, or the fact that he can’t swim and may also drown. He just moves his arms and legs hoping his shoulder would give him enough time to save that man.

Siwon swims deeper and deeper. His eyes wide open searching for that stranger that managed to make him do crazy things. He moves his head left and right and that’s when his eyes caught him. The said man is floating underwater but he doesn’t look like he’s fighting for his life. Siwon can see the man’s eyes are slightly opened but there is no attempt to survive. Siwon is left wondering why.

Siwon is swimming in the man’s direction. The latter apparently lost conscious since his eyes are now closed and his arms are spread in both sides of his body. Siwon moves towards him. He puts one arm around the man’s waist and with the other arm, the healthy one, he tries to swim back to the surface.

The stranger’s weight is not too heavy or too light, which made it a little bit easier for Siwon to bring him back to the surface. But, it is difficult to swim with one arm while the other one is dragging a body. Plus, the fact that the river is running in the opposite direction of the shore, didn’t quite help. That wouldn’t stop Siwon, though.

After a quite few minutes, the muscular man manages to swim back to the coast. Once they reach the shore, Siwon collapses on the stranger’s body. He’s heaving and panting, and after the effort he just put in saving not just the man's life but also his, he’s exhausted. When he normalized his breathing, his eyes wander around and caught the sight under him. The man is not breathing.

Siwon moves to one side and starts giving the unconscious man CPR. Luckily for him, being a swimmer, how to do Cardiopulmonary resuscitation is something he learned in his first year of training.

He continues administering CPR until the man gurgles up water and revives. The latter was breathing heavily and so it took him a few seconds to realize what just happened to him.

Since his sight is still blurry, and apparently he’s not aware of his surroundings. He didn’t see Siwon, until a face was hovering above his. He tried to sit up but was held up by a hand gripping on his shoulder. So not having enough energy to fight back, he closes his eyes for a second trying to get his ideas straight, and then, he opens them again. That’s when he really sees him.

Kyuhyun can see the man, who he assumes just saved him, moving his lips asking him something that looked like ‘are you okay?’, but once Kyuhyun opens his mouth to speak, his throat hurts that his words wouldn't come out, so he nods instead.

Obviously, Kyuhyun is pretty much scared about the fact that he almost died. But, strangely, he finds himself wondering about the man who saved him even more.

...

Kyuhyun’s POV
Is this the man who saved me? He must be. This is the man I owe my life to? But how did he save me? I don’t remember. 

His face is so close to mine. My eyes are still blurry but it’s undeniable that he’s gorgeous. Cho Kyuhyun, you almost died and that’s the first thing you think about? Why does my heart beat fast? My heart ached just minutes ago from the betrayal, but this. This feels different ... in a strange way.

I feel dizzy. I-I think I’m gonna fall asleep…

...

Kyuhyun’s vision got so blurred out and everything went black. Siwon, without thinking twice, decided it's best to take him to the hospital since the ambulance is taking too long.

Even though Siwon is tired and the pain is starting to shoot into his shoulder, still, he finds himself carrying the man he just saved, the stranger that he knows nothing about, all the way over to the bridge. He hurriedly opens his car and lays him on the backseats, before driving to the hospital.

...

At The Hospital

"Somebody please! I need help over here" Siwon is standing in the front door of the hospital, an unconscious man in his arms, and is asking for help.

"Get me a stretcher here … What happened sir?" Luckily a doctor soon came in and started asking Siwon questions about what happened.

Siwon still dazzled with the whole situation, and being a person who hates hospitals, words wouldn’t come out of his mouth. He's just staring at the doctor. Not until they took the man from his arms and put him into the stretcher, that he snapped out of it

“Hey, are you okay? What’s your name sir?”

“Oh, I’m sorry … I-Im Siwon”

“Okay now Siwon-ssi, relax and tell me what happened so we can know what we’re dealing with”

“H-he fell from the Han River Bridge and I-I kind of saved him” Siwon hopes that he saved him, the man did open his eyes at first but then he fell unconscious again so Siwon is a bit worried.

“Did he open his eyes?”

“Yes, yes he did. I even asked if he was okay and he nodded, but then he fell unconscious again”

"Did you give him CPR? how long was he up?"

"Yes i did. A minute or so. I don't know"

“I see. Don’t worry, go fill in the application at the front desk and we’ll take care of your friend”

Siwon watches as the doctor turns around and follows where the nurses were taking the man he just saved ‘My friend?’

He slowly drags his feet to the reception, and since he doesn’t know anything about the said guy, he just stood there staring at the application in his hand.

...

Siwon wants to leave this place as fast as possible, he impatiently paced back and forth in the long hallway waiting for someone to come and inform him about the man's current condition.

The truth is, Siwon doesn’t like hospitals. Not just because they smell weird and are full of sick people, but since his girlfriend died, he has never stepped inside of a hospital again. Even that time when Hyukjae was hospitalized for appendicitis surgery, he didn’t visit him and instead waited until he was released. It’s not his choice actually. It’s just that every time he’s outside a hospital, he feels sick and about to throw up.

...

It was his fifth year after joining SM Olympics, and it was the night of his first win. After they announced Siwon as the winner, the whole stadium was cheering for him but one certain girl caught his attention. Their eyes met and they smiled at each other.

She was his first real girlfriend. They dated for two years since that night. But one day he got a call from her sister telling him that his girlfriend had been in an accident. She didn’t give him any details since Siwon immediately hang up after hearing the news. He didn’t know what got into him. He just rushed to the hospital. He was so worried about her.

Sadly, her injuries were very severe and they couldn’t save her. Siwon had become a mess after that. He would distract himself by swimming or working out. It took him two years to stop burring himself in his sorrows and starts hanging out with his friends again. Although, he never dated anyone after that.

...

After what it felt like forever to Siwon, the doctor from earlier came back again looking for him.

“Siwon-ssi, your friend is okay now. Looks like you saved him and you were wise enough to do a CPR on him. They’re now preparing him to be taken to his room, 1013”

“D-doctor .. eh”

“Donghae, Lee Donghae”

“Ah, Thank you Doctor Lee”

”It’s you who did the hard part”

...

Since Siwon’s girlfriend died, hospitals have become a symbol of death to him. Nevertheless, for this man that he just saved, this stranger that he got him do crazy things, his feet are moving involuntary into the hospital’s corridor. He takes one step at a time, trying hard to push any random thoughts of his mind. All kind of people are passing him by, but he keeps his eyes focused on the room 1013 in front of him.

Siwon is breathing in and out with each step he takes, and finally he reaches the room. He slowly steps in, and approaches the bed. That man is lying there asleep. His chest is moving up and down indicating that he's breathing, and Siwon is thankful for that. His face is pale and his lips are white. But despite all of that, he looks beautiful.

...

Siwon’s POV
Even with his paleness he still looks radiant. The way his long eyelashes rest on his slightly chubby cheeks, how his curly wet hair is messy but at the same time it manages to make him look even cuter. He’s perfectly alluring. 

Why was he crying back there? Was he hurt? But who may have the guts to hurt such a creature?

Why am I asking such questions? Why do I care? I feel a sting in my chest, or maybe it’s my heart? I never felt like this since ... since her. 

What have you done to me?

“I don’t even know your name”

“K-Kyuhyun …”


Here you go, hope this one is good enough ^_^
I'm quite in a sad mood today, that's why this chapter is quite sad too !

Thank you once again for all of your support so far :)