Choi Siwon

My Choi Savior

 

"Breaking news, SM Olympics just announced that the four years in a row Olympic swimmer champion Choi Siwon will be taking an undetermined break from his activities.

Apparently, Choi Swion was caught in a bar fight last week and he suffered a serious injury. Our sources say that his shoulder is badly damaged and so, it’s not functioning too well anymore. Thus, he may not be able to swim anymore.

Choi Siwon, is currently nowhere to be seen and we’re waiting for him to accept our interview to get an official statement about his break"


“How can you be so careless Siwon? ha? Do you have any idea what have you done? You are now officially a ‘nobody’. What are you gonna do with your life now? Tell me?”

“Hyung I told you it wasn’t my fault. That punk provoked me”

“Not your fault? Well it doesn’t matter now, does it? Because the guy you fought with had nothing to lose. He doesn’t have a career like yours and he doesn’t have millions on the line to lose. I’m gonna be lucky if they don’t fire me as well”

“You’re not gonna get fired hyung, because it wasn’t your fault. Besides you’re a manager for the company and there are other swimmers too”

“*sighs* What am I gonna do with you now?”

“I myself don’t know what I am going to do. You think it’s easy for me? I lost eight years of my life in a blink of an eye. Swimming is all I know and all I can do. I didn’t go to college, so what the hell am I supposed to do now”

“You should’ve thought of that when you were aiming your fist in the that guy’s face”

“Maybe I can try again? Maybe the doctor was wrong. I can still move my hand. I’ll j…”

“Cut the crap Siwon, you’ve already tried several times and almost got yourself drowned. So just stop doing stupid things and just give up already. You have plenty of money. Open a coffee shop or something”

“You got to be kidding me hyung. I’m telling you if I can’t swim, then I’ll better die”

“Well die then. I don’t care anymore”

“I see … When will I be released from the hospital?”

“Tomorrow at noon. Just avoid the press and stay at your apartment, I’ll let you know when it all cools down.

“Yeah right”

“Again Siwon-ah, you brought it all to yourself” Choi Siwon’s manager said before walking out of the room.


 

Choi Siwon is a champion. He graduated from high school by the age of eighteen and didn’t have to go to college since he was scouted by a highly professional swimming company, SM Olympics.

Choi Siwon didn't disappoint. He was a great swimmer and he won four years in a row in the international Olympic Swimming competition. For Choi Siwon, Swimming is his life, his soul, his passion.

Since the age of five, Choi Siwon had always imagined himself to be an international swimmer. It was his long life dream that he worked so hard for.

...
 

Choi Siwon got into a bar fight with a drunken guy who provoked him, and threw him some harsh insults about his life. Choi Siwon didn’t take that so well and, out of reflex, he punched the guy. However, as he turned around to leave before things get out of hand, someone wasn't going to let it pass just like that. The guy was holding a chair and aiming it to hit Choi Siwon’s head. Luckily, the latter’s reflex was fast enough to cover his head, so it landed on the back of his shoulder instead.

Choi Siwon called his manager after the fight to block any paparazzi news. He was clearly in so much pain since the chair literally broke on his shoulder, but he didn’t want to make a big deal of it. He drove back to his apartment, had a painkiller and slept it off.

...

Choi Siwon woke up in the middle of the night screaming as a sudden sharp pain was stabbing his shoulder. It was unbearable. He didn’t want to get scolded by his manager, so he reached his phone and called Eunhyuk.

He was lying in a hospital bed after Eunhyuk picked him up, and was nervously waiting for the MRI results to come out. Few minutes later, the doctor came back to the room, a serious look on his face and a frown on his forehead. He started explaining to Choi Siwon the cause of his current pain, how his shoulder is damaged and that he needs therapy so it will not hinder his daily life. But ... it didn’t end there.

‘Unfortunately, your swimming career is over’ were the exact words of the doctor.

Choi Siwon never cries, but that day he did. He felt half of him was stolen away in seconds. His dream, his hopes, his passion. Never did he imagine he would end up like this. Cheeks wet with tears and body trembling with fear, Choi Siwon buried his face in his hands and surrendered to the aching pain in his heart.

Eunhyuk consoled him, but no assuring words were said. Being Choi Siwon’s best friend for years, Eunhyuk knew exactly what swimming is for his friend. No words can coax him up nor give him any kind of relief.


 

Choi Siwon was discharged from the hospital a week after the incident. A lot of tests were preformed, so many researches were done, but none was able to give hope to the broken man.

Choi Siwon consulted a lot of doctors and specialists after that, but he only got the same sentence

’Therapy is your only solution, but there’s no guarantee that you’ll be able to swim again’

 

It’s been two months since the unfortunate incident happened. Choi Siwon spent a week in the hospital, another two weeks running from doctors to specialists, doing all kind of tests, and five weeks doing nothing but therapy. He sure was in a crucial pain, but he kept going for the sake of his dream. Luckily for him, his friend Eunhyuk was there for him as much as he could. He would accompany him to his therapy sessions, keep him company and encourage him at the same time.

Choi Siwon was determined on getting his life back. His life as a swimmer. Now he’s standing in front of a swimming pool with Eunhyuk besides him. He wants to see if his efforts had paid off. True that it only had been five weeks since he started therapy, but he’s running out of patience. He needs to know if going through hell, is at least worth something.

“Are you ready?” Eunhyuk puts his hands on each side of Choi Siwon’s shoulders. He looks him in the eyes wanting to make sure he’s okay.

“I have to do this even if I’m not”

Choi Siwon appreciates everything that his friend is doing for him. Eunhyuk is a dance teacher and when all of this mess happened, despite his need for money, Eunhyuk cut down his shifts so he would support his friend. Eunhyuk was there holding his hand during therapy and he was there rescuing him from drowning during his fail tries in the first week after the incident. Even now he’s standing beside him, ready to rescue him again if he has to.

"Just remember what the doctor said. Don’t push yourself. If it hurts tell me and I’ll help you get out. Okay?”

“Arasso hyung”

“Don’t hyung me. I know how stubborn you are”

Choi Siwon just sticks out his tongue to his friend and ruffles his hair before moving closer to the swimming pool.

He takes a deep breath, gets in position. Then jump …

Splash !!


Anneyong! 
Let me just say that I did not expect so much comments for the first chapter!
Not just from my regular readers but also new ones!

To that i'm very thankful. I really hope i won't disappoint you <3
I got a lot of questions about the 'She' & the 'He' :D
Well since they hurt our Kyunnie we're not gonna give them any importance. You can choose the She/He that you hate the most and imagine it to be her/him :P