The First Encounter

My Choi Savior

 

Choi Siwon is sitting in his car, crying. Why him? What did he do wrong? What will he do now? Who is he supposed to be? All kinds of questions are now spinning in his head as flashes of what happened that day found their way back to his mind. His tears keep streaming down his cheeks, reminding him of his failure.

It wasn’t like he couldn’t swim, because he did manage to swim at first. He even crossed to the other side of the pool, but once he turned around to finish the round, a sharp pain shot through his shoulder and paralyzed his movement. Hyukjae, once again, had to get him out of the water. Stubborn Siwon of course wanted to try again, but the doctor had told him and Hyukjae that he shouldn’t force himself too much. So the latter wasn’t going to risk Siwon damaging his shoulder even more.

It was kind of hard for Hyukjae to get the muscular man out of the swimming pool, because the latter wasn't cooperating. Eyes watery by tears and sobs echoing in the empty pool, Siwon was wincing in pain. Once Hyukjae managed to get him out, Siwon collapsed on the floor. One hand clenched against his shoulder as the pain spread through his entire body. The other hand, was covering his mouth stopping his screams from coming out. Although Siwon may have looked pathetic, he didn't actually care.He had the right to feel mad and furious at his sad twist of fate.

It’s been a week since that day, and Siwon spent each second of those days in his apartment just feeling sorry for himself. He wasn’t eating or sleeping properly and he even stopped going to his therapy sessions. Siwon would spend the day sitting in his living room in front of the TV, but not watching anything in particular. His mind was always absent, it was just that those sounds that come out of the TV speakers, made him think that he wasn’t alone.

Siwon would rewind the day of the incident, and just think … What If?
He knew it was useless to think that way, but he couldn’t help wondering. If he just turned around and left, he would still be doing what he loves the most by now, swimming. And thus, Just the thought of it manages to bring tears into his already swallowing eyes.

...

Today, the end of the week, Hyukjae came by to visit Siwon. Well he did try to come by before, but Siwon wouldn’t let him in. He even changed his apartment password since Hyukjae and his manager knew what it was. Siwon didn’t feel like being disturbed, nor being pitied.

But today, Hyukjae was determined on seeing his friend. He’s standing in front of the apartment. No need to ring the door bell, since he knows Siwon won't open the door. He pulls out his phone and text him.

Message From: Eunhyuk
Can you please open the door?

Hyukjae knows It's a long shot for Siwon to reply, since he didn’t pick up any of his calls during the past week. But he is lucky, because Siwon replies.

Message From: Simba
Hyung please, just leave me alone !

Message From: Eunhyuk
I’m not moving from here until you open up. Unless you want your best friend to die here from hunger and cold, then you better open up!

Message From: Simba
You already said everything that a friend is supposed to say. And I thank you for that, Really. So just go!

Message From: Eunhyuk
Well then I won’t say anything. I just want to get inside. I know you must have not been eating properly. So just let me cook something for you, ne? pleaaaase? *puppy eyes*

...

Eunhyuk sighs as Siwon didn’t reply to his last message. But he knows that he has to convince him no matter how. He started typing again but he was cut off by the sound of the door opening. A goofy smile pricked his lips, but soon disappeared when he saw what a mess his friend was.

Siwon is wearing an old sweater that’s too big for him and boxers. His hair is messy, he has dark circles under his puffy red eyes, and his skin is very pale. Not to mention how skinnier he looks.

“As I thought. You haven’t been eating lately, have you?”

Siwon didn’t bother to answer, he just turns around and walks back to what he was doing, which was nothing. He sat on the couch in front of the TV crossed legs, one elbow resting on his right knee with his chin in his hand, and the other hand holding the remote control.

Eunhyuk knew his friend must be drowning in sadness, but he didn't know he looked this messed up. Just as he opens his mouth to speak, Siwon cut him off

“And I thought you said you won’t be talking”

Right, Hyukjae did say that. So without a word, he walks passed Siwon and into the kitchen. The older wants nothing more than to bring his cheerful friend back. Of course it wasn't going to be easy, but he would do his best. That's why he's not taking it too far.

By looking at the man sitting in the couch, with the expression of darkness and hurt in his eyes, Hyukjae can't help but think that if he was to not being able to dance again, he would probably be more messed up than his dongseang.

First, Siwon needs to eat. So Hyukjae opens the fridge to see what to make, but unfortunatly there isn’t much to make a healthy meal. 

“Siwon-ah, hasn't the ajhumma came by lately?”

“Not in the mood to see anyone”

”You only have instant ramyun. How about we go out for dinner?”

“No thanks”

Eunhyuk is getting really annoyed by Siwon’s short answers. He’s starting to get impatient. He slammed the fridge door and stormed out of the kitchen.

“Yah, listen up! I know I said I won’t be talking, but this is too much! I’m sorry if I’m bothering you right now my friend, but you seriously need to get your tired up and go on with your life. Just because you can’t swim anymore doesn’t mean you should die in your sorrows. I won’t allow you to do that. Do you hear me?”

There is a blank look on Siwon’s face that Hyukjae can’t explain. He doesn’t know if he’s mad at him for what he just said, or he agrees with him.

Siwon just keeps staring at his hyung, standing in front of him with his hands on his hips obviously very angry. And then calmly, he turns off the TV and stands up, walks to his room to put some pants on, before dashing out of the apartment. Leaving a dumbfounded Hyukjae in the middle of his living room.

Siwon is not really mad at Hyukjae, it’s just that something he said hurt him, ‘You can’t swim anymore’. Sure he heard that several times from his doctors or from his manager, but never from someone he trusts. He just feels that if it’s coming from his best friend, then he should just believe it. He can’t swim anymore.

Now Siwon is sitting behind the steering wheel, hopeless and shattered. He parked his car on one side of the Han River Bridge, letting his tears freely flow down his face as he watches the cars passing by in full speed, reminding him of his short dream that left him in a split second. Just because of one irrational act, one moment of stupidity, of pride, his dream has ended.

Half an hour passed, and tears are yet running down his face, but Siwon makes no attempt to wipe them. He notices how it started raining so he decided to get back home and clear things up with Eunhyuk. He's about to turn on the engine to leave but just before he does, his eyes caught someone. A man leaning on the bridge and it looks like he’s crying.

What would it be that makes him cry that hard? Could it be that he also lost a dream? If so, then I clearly understand how you’re feeling pal.

Strangely, Siwon’s tears stopped. Probably, because of the intense stare that he’s giving to the man crying in front of him. His hands are clenching tightly on the steering wheel, his knuckles are even turning white. He doesn’t know why he’s angry all of a sudden, or why he feels a sting in his heart. But he just knows that he wants to approach that man. He wants to hold him and tell him that everything’s going to be okay. It may be because they’re both feeling sadness right now, or maybe he’s just looking for salvation. No matter what it is, he walks out of his car, eyes fixed on the sight in front of him.

Siwon stands still next to his car. For the first time since he found out about his damaged shoulder, he doesn’t think about it. Right now, Siwon forgot about his sad life, and he only cares about the life of the creature in front of him. 

Not minding the rain, he watches as the man starts throwing some rocks into the river. Then his feet started moving involuntary in the latter's direction, the only person who managed to get him out of his misery even if it’s just for a few minutes. Siwon takes a few steps forward but then he stops. His eyes winded as the man he's approaching … is going to fall into the river!

Siwon’s brain stopped working as he witnesses how that man is about to fall. What should he do?
There was a quite long distance between them, so even if he runs he wouldn’t be able to catch him. Nevertheless, he does anyway. He runs as fast as he can. He stretches his arm to catch him, but the man is already floating in the air and about to sink into the river...


It's me again ^^
Sorry for the late update, i've been working on a WonKyu parody with Hardrose and so I took a small break from writing.
Well I know you've been waiting for the saving part but that's just gonna have to wait until the next chappie.
Thank you so much for comments and subscribes. 58 subscribers already !

Here's the parody, if you'd like to check it out ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMDN1aI09xg