Entourage

My Choi Savior

 

”Kyu, Kyu … Guess what!”

“You scared me! Don’t you ever knock?” Kyuhyun jolted as Donghae barged in to his room, disturbing him from playing his favourite game Starcraft.

“What’s the fun in that?”

Kyuhyun sent him a death glare that Donghae had seen too many times to ever forget 

“Anyway, I met someone” He added while sitting comfortably on bed across from Kyuhyun

“And?” 

“And we’re having our first date tomorrow night, isn’t that awesome?”

“Good. Have fun” Kyuhyun said before returning his gaze back to his laptop

“Aren’t you a buzz killer? You should stop burying yourself in just games and work and look for someone too”

Kyuhyun's eyes widen at that statement, but he doesn't show it.

“Why would I do that?”  He answers without lifting his head

“Because you’re getting old! Come on Kyu, it’s already been Two Years now. Can’t you move on already? Do you still love her?”

Her? I haven’t even thought about her in a long time.

“Listen Kyu. Life is too short to mope over a broken heart”

”You don’t know what you’re talking about Hae! How would you know that I haven’t found someone already?” I did ... It just wasn’t the right time

“Because I’m your only and best friend and I would’ve known if you’re dating someone”

Kyuhyun really hates to talk about this topic It not only brings him bad memories, but very good ones at the same time. He has been living over the thought of meeting Siwon again for the past two years, but it didn’t happen yet.

Maybe I was wrong. Maybe we’re not meant for each other after all.

“Fine, fine. Can we change the subject please?”

“Whatever. Now what should I wear?”

“How is that my problem Hae? You have tons of clothes choose an outfit and let me play”

“You know I won’t do that right? We’re going shopping! You too need to buy some new clothes since I’m planning on setting you up with someone. You can’t be single forever” Kyuhyun opens his mouth to argue but Donghae cut him off “And I won’t take a ‘no’ for an answer”

“B-but I don’t want to Hae! I’m fine as I am now” Kyuhyun whines while pouting his lips and crossing his arms over his chest. He knows that Donghae only wants the best for him but he can’t help but believe that he already did find the best.

Donghae’s POV
He’s always laughing and putting on the ‘everything’s okay’ face, but I know he’s just hiding his weakness and hurt underneath. I don’t know what happened that night, but I know he didn’t tell me everything.

I didn’t want to pressure him so I let it go. But it’s been two years, when will you be ready to let me all the way in Kyu? I would really like to help him. He has been so nice to me so far and got me out of my lonely life. I’m grateful to him and thus I’m determined to help him too.

”It’s a rare chance to have a day off from the hospital. Now get your up and get dressed. We’re going out!”

Kyuhyun is too tired to argue. Besides he knows that he needs some fresh air. He normally spends his time working at the hospital or locked in his room playing video games, well it’s not like he has a lot of free time, but on those times he rarely goes out unless he’s being dragged out of the house by Donghae. Just like now.

Kyuhyun sighs while saving his game. He walks up to his closet and puts on some random clothes, black jeans and a white v-neck t-shirt, before heading out to the living room.

he walks up to Donghae who is already waiting for him with a wide smile plastered on his face. Kyuhyun can never understand his friend who’s always happy over small things.

...

In the meantime, Siwon is preparing himself for his biggest comeback that he’s being working hard for it for a long time. After finishing his therapy sessions and getting his efforts worth. He’s finally able to compete again.

SM Olympics had put him under a lot of practice during the last year, and now they decided that he’s ready. Tonight is the night he’ll show to the whole world that life may have been testing him, but Choi Siwon is not a history.

”Are you ready?”

“Yes! I’ve been working so hard for this”

“Good. Because this is your chance to shine again Siwon-ah, this is your comeback”

Siwon is sitting in his locker room mentally preparing himself for the upcoming competition, and Hyukjae is there to support him.

Siwon can’t help but feel a little bit nervous while hearing the crowd cheering his nickname ‘Simba … Simba …’ But he’s determined not to disappoint them. It had being a long hard two years and he worked so hard to be here today.

“Hyukjae, I must win”

“You will my friend. You will” Siwon smiles at Hyukjae’s confident that helped a lot throughout his recovery journey.

Hyukjae’s POV
He’s once again wearing that bracelet. It didn’t leave his sight for the past two years. I understand that it’s the only thing that he has from that man, but he can’t keep moping in the past like this? It’s his chance to get his life back together and he needs to focus.

”Again with the bracelet?”

”Yes” Siwon murmured as his fingers trace over the bracelet on his wrist. His lips soon turned into a smile.

Once Siwon got back from the hospital, he took a shower to clear up his mind. Once done, he stood in front of the mirror for a few minutes, just staring at his own reflection. He was trying hard to process what happened the night before as the doctor’s words kept rewinding in his mind. However, he couldn’t find any logical answer. So he just gave up and decided to sleep it off but before heading out of the bathroom, his eyes landed on something on the corner of the sink. It was a brown leather bracelet with a star shaped silver steel.

“It’s Kyuhyun’s”

“I know”

Siwon smiles even widely before standing up and walking towards his friend. He puts one hand over Hyukjae’s shoulder while the other one forms a ‘Fighting’ Sign.

“Fighting!”

...

”Come on Hae! This is the 10th store. I’m tired”

Kyuhyun’s feet are starting to hurt since Donghae has been dragging him from one store into another for the past two hours, while carrying a bunch of shopping bags in both of his hands.

“One more pleaaaase” Donghae begged as he held up his index finger in front of his face, and even after two years, Kyuhyun can still never resist the puppy eyes of his roommate.

“Ugh fine. But this is the last one” Kyuhyun can’t help but smile at the way Donghae’s eyes lit up while he jumps in his place like a five year old.

...

They walk inside the store with Kyuhyun mostly following Donghae to every corner he goes to. Kyuhyun can swear that Donghae bought more clothes than he has all combined. But still, he keeps looking for the perfect outfit for his date.

At last, Donghae settles down on an outfit and Kyuhyun happily follows him to the cashier so he can finally go home and definitely soak his legs in warm water.

Kyuhyun’s POV
How can he be this excited over a first date? He doesn’t even know if it will go well.
Anyway, I’m just happy we’re done here. I just want to go home and sleep, is that too much to ask for?

However, as Donghae pays the cashier, Kyuhyun’s eyes wander over some hosts squealing at the TV screen. He couldn’t see what they were watching but it looks like they were fangirling over some pop-star. He sighs as he turns around to leave but he suddenly freezes in his place upon hearing a familiar name...

Soon a strange tingly feeling travels into the pit of his stomach while his heart starts to beat fast. Now, he doesn’t know if he’s starting to hallucinate or something, but that name rang into his ear. He turns his body around and narrows his eyes as he focuses on what those girls are saying between their squeals.

‘Oh my god! He won!’
’Yes, yes! He’s the best’
’Simba is so wonderfully amazing’
’Go Simba, Go!’

Kyuhyun’s POV
Simba … I must’ve heard it wrong then. I’m probably being affected by Donghae’s earlier talk. I sadly smile before leaving the store.

Two years is a long period of time. I wonder how he turned out to be. I don’t even know where he works …

...

The Next Day

> Hello? <

”Kyu ... where are you?”

> At the hospital, why? <

”I-It’s Hyukjae … H-e h-ad …”

> Hae, breathe. What happened? Who’s Hyukjae? <

“My date. He had food poisoning. We’re on our way to the hospital”

> Oh sorry! Okay I’ll be waiting for you <

In the ambulance

”Hey, hey Donghae … I’ll be okay”

”I’m sorry. I’m the doctor. I should be the one telling you that”

Hyukjae can feel Donghae blaming himself for what happened because he was the one who choose the restaurant, so even though his stomach is killing him, he smiled nonetheless and tried to comfort his crying date.

It was actually going pretty well. They laughed and shared their life stories and they were really having a good time. It wasn’t until Hyukjae ordered shrimps and since Donghae is allergic to it, he ordered meat instead, that this happened.

After finishing their plates, a sudden stomach cramps started to torture him and it was almost a relief when he rushed to the bathroom and threw up. Unfortunately the ease didn't last very long as the sharp pain was back again. Donghae worriedly patted Hyukjae’s back. However, as soon as he took note of the symptoms and he knew that it was food poisoning, he immediately called an ambulance and they are now being transported to the hospital he’s working at.

Donghae’s first instinct was to call his friend. He is in no condition to play a doctor right now as he is panicking over the sight before him and tears already flowing over his cheeks. He knows he should be professional but as Kyuhyun always tells him, he’s way too sensitive that tears are always there in the corner of his eyes ready to flow in any second.  

...

Once they reach the hospital, Kyuhyun is there at the front reception waiting for them. The paramedics got Hyukjae out of the ambulance and into the hospital. Kyuhyun already has a room prepared for him as he directs them towards it.

Before stepping into the room, Kyuhyun walks towards the crying Donghae. He hugs him while assuring him that Hyukjae will be fine. 

”You better wait here. I’ll take care of him”

Donghae only nods and heads to the waiting room

...

After a few minutes Kyuhyun walks out of the room and heads toward Donghae. The latter was clearly in deep thoughts as he was startled when Kyuhyun nudges his shoulder

“Hae?”

“Oh! Kyun-ah is he okay?”

“He will be just fine. It’s food poisoning like you said, but luckily it wasn’t so bad. I gave him an injection that will calm his stomach down, and put him on a saline solution infusion”

“Thanks Kyu … Can I see him?”

“You like him already?”

Donghae blushes heavily as he punches Kyuhyun’s arm “Shut up”

Laughing, Kyuhyun rubs his aching arm while ruffled Donghae’s hair with his free hand

“Go see him. I’ll go fill out the paper works”

“Hae? Does he have any family or friends to call?” Kyuhyun turned around to leave but he stopped when he remembered that someone should call Hyukjae' family.

“I’ll ask him”

"Okay"

...

Donghae slowly steps into the room. He smiles when he notices that Hyukjae is sleeping, however as he approaches the bed, the older opens his eyes and gives him a weak smile. Donghae smiles back and leans down giving the older a peck on the forehead.

Donghae’s POV
I’m feeling bad for him. He hadn't done anything to deserve such a terrible thing like food poisoning. Those stupid, expensive shrimps were rotten. I'll surely file a lawsuit against that restaurant.

“How are you feeling?”

”I’m okay now”

”Do you need me to call anyone? Family? Friends?”

”My family is out of town. But I need to call my friend. Can you hand me my phone please?”

”Yes sure”
 


The WonKyu interaction is coming so just bear with me ^^
Sorry if his chapter is a bit messy
Thank you for all the comments and the subscribes