Chapter 1

I Hate You, I Need You, I Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I’m back, Seoul.” Tiffany shouted out the airport doors.

At the age of 10 Tiffany left with her family to Seoul. Her father had been relocated to America for a better position within his career. Now that her father has the chance to finally relocate back to Korea, she was more than happy to come back to her home town. But another reason was that she wanted to leave a place that left her with not so happy memories.

“Mom, I miss you. I wish we could have come back together.” She was mesmerizing the picture of her late mother.

Her mother had passed away of an illness when she was 15. Until this day she still misses her mother so much. She lives for her mother, her father, and her sister who had already married in America. Without these people to she didn’t know how she’d live on with her life, she was never easy in accepting new ideas, new places, or changes of any sort. She just likes to live her life peacefully, and happily. Happiness in her dictionary does not require money or wealth of any sort, she just wanted do anything to make her family happy. If they are happy, then she would also be happy. Unfortunately, this kind of happiness in her life is not so easy to achieve.

“Daddy, I’m here.” She yelled through the empty house. “Guess he went to work.” She shrugged.

Her father had flown back a week earlier to get things settled while she still had to finish school, her first year of University. Tiffany never really cared to achieve any high grades in school, but the year that her mother had passed away she had promised her mother that she would at least complete a University degree for her. Being the youngest of the family and as well as the hope of the family to gain a University degree, her pressure became greater.

Her father and mother married and had children at a young age. Therefore her Father had come out to work at the age of 19 and never had the chance to complete his University Degree. Her mother was busy taking care of the family so she also dropped out of school at a young age. Her sister too married at a young age because she got pregnant by her what is now husband. This leaves her, alone with the entire burden to complete school, fully educated with a University degree for them to be proud of. Yes, It may sound weird for her to come back to Seoul when she still needed to finish school, but she didn’t want to leave her father alone so she transferred her studies to Seoul to finish it here.

“All done.” Tiffany finally finished unpacking her clothes, and a few personal belongings. Sitting on her new bed looking around at the empty room, it was quiet, too quiet in fact. She misses her mother. She misses the sound of her mother cooking and cleaning.

“Tiffany? You here?” She heard from down stairs. Her father finally came back.

“Daddy, I missed you.” She ran down the stairs and into her father’s arms.

“I missed you too baby.” Her Father gave her a wide smile. “Want to go out for dinner to celebrate coming back to Korea.” He suggested.

“Okay! I really miss the food here.” After her mother had passed away she hadn’t have an original Korean meal since.

“Let’s go.” They headed to a near restaurant by the house.

“I really miss the smell of the air here.” She told her Father as she was digging into her food.

“I know that it was hard for you to accept such big changes in life. I’m sorry you have to go through so much at a young age.” Mr. Hwang apologized. He knew his daughter very well, although he was always working and trying to give them a good life. He knew that it wasn’t enough for them to truly be happy because the most important person in their lives has left them. “You still miss your mom

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter