The One Where I Wake Up And I'm Alive

Adventure

 

“So just to confirm, two orders of chamchi kimbap with kolddugi muchim and raddish kimchi, a side order of dumplings, and two beers?

“One beer,” Key quickly interjected, glaring at Jonghyun, “One of us has to drive.”

He pouted and crossed his arms childishly, “You never let me have my way.”

The waitress laughed and scribbled down on her order paper, “One beer. Will that be it?”

“Neeh,” the elder of the two replied, winking, “I’ll be sure call you if we need anything else,” She blushed and bowed slightly before scurrying off to the kitchen with a giggle. Key rolled his eyes and played with the salt shaker while Jonghyun chuckled, “She was cute.”

“If this trip is just an excuse to find a girlfriend then I want to go home.”

“Oh come on Key, I was just having a some fun. A little flirting never hurt anybody.”

“That was flirting? My you’ve gotten rusty. I guess watching cat tails does that to you.”

Jonghyun laughed again and took the shaker from his hand, “No, this isn’t one of those trips, but if someone manages to catch your attention, the feel free to peruse her… or him.”

Key tensed and raised an eyebrow, “What makes you think I’m into guys?”

“I’m not accusing you of being gay, I just think you may have a preference for… both.”

Key leaned forward in his seat, smirking slightly as he saw a small blush of embarrassment spread across his friend’s cheek, “Same question applies.”

Jonghyun gave a defeated sigh and looked up at him blankly, “Let’s be honest Key, it’s been two years since your last relationship and even then you couldn’t really tell if it was a girl or a guy!”

“Yah! Don’t insult my Amber-bear!”

He held up his hands defensively, “I didn’t! She was hot either way, but I’m just saying if you keep turning down the girls I introduce you to, then I’m going to think these thoughts.”

“Why would you think these thoughts in the first place?”

“Because you’re my best friend!”

“So why does it matter if I’m straight, bi, or gay?”

“It doesn’t, I’m just wondering-”

“Then you don’t have to bug me with these questions,” Key grabbed his water and took a drink of it, “If it doesn’t affect our relationship then there’s no need to bring it up in the first place.”

Jonghyun looked like he was going to say something, but decided against it and sighed. Key noticed his behavior and raised an eyebrow at him.

“What?”

“Nothing,” He nodded and pulled out his phone. Jonghyun leaned across the table and grabbed the menu the waitress had forgotten to pick up. A smirk played across his lips as he looked it over and glanced up at his friend, “Speaking of couples...”

“We weren’t talking about couples. You were questioning my uality.”

“Whatever, same thing,” he tossed the menu back towards him and pointed at a dessert, “Let’s split this.”

Key looked at it and frowned, “Do you want me to get fat?”

“You could gain a couple of pounds. I have a hard time seeing a stick like you from head on.”

“Shut up.”

“I will… if you split it with me.”

“We’ll see how I feel after dinner,” he replied, eyeing the tray the girl was carrying on her way back. She had just finished placing the food down when Jonghyun asked her a question.

“Can we order another thing?” Key looked at him confused while the waitress nodded and pulled out her pad of paper and pen. He smiled and pointed to the picture, “We’ll get the Western Sundae.”

“Jonghyun,” Key hissed while the girl giggled.

“That’s a very popular choice among our couples,” she smiled, “I’ll give you guy’s a discount since you look so cute together.”

“Cute together…?” Key’s eyes widened as Jonghyun reached his hand across the table and grabbed his gently.

“How nice of her, don’t you think, babe?” he smiled.

Key blushed and squeezed back; giving him a similar, fake smile back, “It is honey. What a lovely gesture.”

The waitress grinned and nodded, hurrying off to prepare the dessert. Jonghyun watched her go again and released Key; he grabbed a pair of chopsticks from a cup nearby, ignoring the look the latter gave him.

 “You did that on purpose, didn’t you?”

“If I can’t have a beer then I want the next best thing. Beside’s we got a discount, jagiya,” he grabbed a piece of meat from blonde boy’s place and held it up to him, “Say ‘aaah’.”

“No-” Jonghyun took the opportunity to shove the food in his mouth and smirked. Key glared as he chewed, “Ah hae uh.”

“What was that?”

He swallowed, “I hate you.”

“Aww, that hurts,” Jonghyun pouted, “Aaand I’m over it. Now eat, I want that dessert.”

“Then what was the point of ordering dinner?”

“Cause we need real food. Quit asking questions or I’ll eat what’s on your plate.”

Key frowned but none the less grabbed his own chopsticks and started eating. The two made small talk and comments about the food before it all disappeared. Key also didn’t forget to savor that nice, cold beer Jonghyun wasn’t allowed to have.

“Are you guys ready for your dessert?” The waitress asked, walking over with tray in her hand.

Jonghyun and Key glanced down at their empty plates and nodded. The girl smiled and lowered her tray, revealing a tall stack of ice cream covered in chocolate and fudge. The two gaped at its enormity and Key grabbed his stomach, “Yeobo, I don’t think I can eat that.”

“That’s what I’m here for,” Jonghyun smirked and grabbed the two spoons on the side. He got up from the booth and slid into the available spot next to Key, handing him one of the utensils.

“Okay, seriously, I’m getting full just looking at it.”

“I know… it’s awesome,” he laughed and dug his spoon in. His eyes widened when he tasted the ice cream and he lightly shoved the blonde, “Oh my god this is amazing! Try it!”

“I don’t want to.”

“Just try it,” Key rolled his eyes and grabbed some of the ice cream. He was hesitant about eating, but all thoughts of regret left his mind when he tasted the deliciousness that was chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry.

He moaned and turned to Jonghyun, “ that’s good,” The elder didn’t respond. Instead, he stared at Key wide eyed, “… What?”

“…Uh… you’ve…. Got some ice cream on your face.”

He frowned and started wiping around, “Where?”

“Right…” Jonghyun got another spoon full and dabbed it on his nose, “Here!”

“Jonghyun!”

“Want me to it off?” he wiggled his eyebrows.

Key smirked, “I think you should worry about your own face, darling~”

“What?”

He picked up some of the chocolate syrup and smeared it on his cheek, “There you go. God you’re such a messy eater.”

“Oh yeah?” Jonghyun reached to pick up an ice cream ball, but it was so too big to balance on his spoon and fell off.  It hit the edge of the table with a splatter and rolled off, landing on Key’s lap. The latter’s eyes widened and he jumped off, screaming, “! It’s ing cold!”

Jonghyun knew he was at fault and knew he would get hell for this later, but at the moment the dino boy could only laugh at his reaction. Here’s the thing about Jonghyun’s laughing, when he finds something really funny, he laugh’s loudly and leans forward to clutch his stomach before falling back. However, the bowl of ice cream was right in front of him, so when he did that, he face planted into the cold gooey dessert.

The two remained silent for a bit. Key stared at Jonghyun, forgetting the stain on his pants while the latter slowly lifted his head up. Jonghyun looked at him wide eyed, a nice pink white and brown beard decorated his face and some ice cream smudges on his head gave him a uni-brow.

The blonde boy covered his mouth to keep from laughing, but the minute Jonghyun breathed out of his nose and revealed his big nostrils in the mess of a dessert, he lost it.

Key sat back down in the booth, leaning against the table as he laughed. He tried to look at his hyung a few times and talk, but concluded it was hopeless, “AHAHAHAH! Y-your nose! Oh my god! HAHAHAHAA! THAT ING BEARD! OH MY GOD I CAN’T BREATH!”

Jonghyun tried to frown, but Key’s laughter was so contagious he couldn’t help but smile. He tried to grab a napkin to wipe the ice cream off, but then he got an idea, “Hey Key.”

Key was too busy giggling like a mad man to listen to him. Jonghyun smirked and leaned closer to him. He cupped Key’s face in his hand and got the smiling boy’s attention.

“Ah ha… ha… you look so- what are you doing?” key’s eyes widened as Jonghyun got closer.

“Gimme a little kiss, yeobo.

“No! Stop it! Go away!” Key was trapped against the window and his attempts at moving the stranger male was useless. He continued to whine and resist when Jonghyun caught his hands, preventing him from pushing back. The boy turned his head to the side, and got even more scared when he felt cold waves from the ice cream hit his cheek, “No no no no! I’m sorry for teasing you with the beer! I’ll buy you one right now if you stop!”

“Someone’s gotta drive,” he mimicked.

“No! Do you want money? I’ll give you that! You know my friend that you wanted her number from? It’s yours! Have mercy please!”

“Nope, nope, aaaand…. No,” Jonghyun kissed Key’s cheek, spreading the cold dessert all over the left side of his face. Key screamed kicked his legs out, letting out strings of curse words that ended with the word cold.

Jonghyun pulled, back admiring his work before looking towards the waitress across the room, “Can we have some napkins?”

She nodded, pausing from cooing over the ‘couple actions’ and grabbed some sitting on a nearby table.

“You bastard! My face is freezing!” Key whined, shivering slightly.

“Yah! My entire face is covered! Don’t make me kiss your other cheek,” he grinned evilly.

The blonde stopped moving and glared at him, “You wouldn’t dare.”

He leaned closer and smirked, “Don’t tempt me.”

The waitress placed the napkins on the table and looked at the two, “Um… would you like your check?”

“Yes, thank you…” Jonghyun squinted to read her name tag, “… Sooyoung.”

Sooyoung nodded and went back to the register. Key realized the brunette was still holding his wrists and coughed, “You can let go now.”

“I’m comfortable like this. You’re warm and my face is freezing.”

“Huh, maybe if you had spared me I would have lent you my body heat,” He kicked his shins, smirking when Jonghyun hissed in pain and released him, “You should really think things through.”

Jonghyun rolled his eyes and grabbed a napkin, passing a couple others to Key, “It was worth it.”

“Oh! And you’re paying, by the way.”

“What!?”


I don't know what i was typing... all i know is that i'm craving icecream now.

12/100 precious JongKey moments

Btw Jonghyun has brown hair and Key has blonde... like this gif