Crash

Adventure

 

The glittering glass contrasted brightly against the dark background of the asphalt. Red and blue siren lights reflected off them like stars in the night sky, though the crunch it made when a boot stepped on it showed how fragile the clear material was. The owner of the boot continued to walk his way to an ambulance parked on the side of the road. He tapped the shoulder of a paramedic, who turned and smiled when he recognized the man in uniform.

“Taecyeon!” The man bowed slightly, “Good to see you, although I wish it were better circumstances.”

“Likewise…” The officer trailed off as his eyes scanned the unconscious body in the van, “How bad is it Junho?”

The brunette boy shrugged, “She’s fine really, just a few scratches here and there; I had to sedate her though since she started to panic. The van took most of the damage which explains her injuries. I’ve called her guardian and told him the news; he’s going to meet us at the hospital.”

“Is she the only one? The report on the radio said there was three.”

“There are,” Junho nodded his head to another ambulance a little ways down the road, “Wooyoung is patching them up.”

“Has anyone taken their reports yet?”

“No one’s talked to them except him.”

“Thanks Junho,” he patted his shoulder and walked towards the ambulance. His eyes scanned the wreck to the left of him and he winced. The front of the tow truck was warped in all different directions, as if it was frozen in the middle of a metallic explosion. The windshield was dispersed across the road and scraps of wood from the tree they hit accompanied it.

They had to have been going at least 30 to cause that much breakage, He tsked, shaking his head.

“It’s amazing how minimal the damage they sustained was,” A fellow coworker commented, walking besides him.

“I know, it’s pretty lucky.”

“’Pretty lucky’?”

“Well what do you expect me to say Nichkhun?” he frowned, “I wish these accidents wouldn’t be happening at all. I wish people like them, especially as young as them, wouldn’t need to deal with this so early in life.”

“I know man…,” he sighed, “I know… Story has it that they swerved to avoid a deer and ended up slipping off the road. Though the story sounded kind of bogus, the one who called it in confirmed it saying he had swerved to miss the animal right before them.”

“Is the driver still here?”

“No. We took his story and let him go; apparently his wife is in labor.”

“Oh jeez, cutting it a bit close huh?”

“Yeah, apparently,” Nichkhun laughed.

They got closer to the ambulance and closer to where two teenagers sat getting coated in disinfectants and wrapped with bandages. The men fixed their uniform before the leader of the two coughed to get their attention.

They looked up; the one with sharp feline eyes and dried blood flaking from his forehead glared, clearly irritated while the shorter and calmer looking male waited patiently for him to speak.

“Good evening, My name is officer Ok. I’m very sorry that… this happened. Is everyone alright?”

The blonde scoffed, “Just peachy.”

“Key,” Key sighed and bit his lip. Jonghyun grimaced as he stood up and scooted a litter closer to him, rubbing small circles on back, “We’re fine for the most part. Just a little shaken is all.”

“A little?”

“Key,” he warned again.

“It’s alright sir, that was a pretty bad wreck you were involved in,” Taecyeon smiled sincerely, “I’m glad you’re both okay, but now I need to ask you a couple of questions.”

“Here we go,” Key groaned and pushed himself away from, “I’m assuming we’re doing this separately?”

“That’s right,” Taecyeon motioned to Nichkhun, “My partner Officer Horvejkul will stay with you here while I talk to your friend.”

Jonghyun smiled and nodded, patting Key’s back one last time before following the cop. He looked back over his shoulder nervously as the blonde glared at the smiling officer.

“Worried about your friend?” Taecyeon asked.

He looked up and shook his head, “Nah… Well… Maybe a little. This entire experience was a little bit unnerving for both of us. Key tends to be on guard when he’s scared, I just hope he doesn’t piss off your colleague.”

“If he does then I’d be impressed. It takes a lot to get that man to stop smiling,” Jonghyun chuckled slightly and nodded, “… Now then, can I have your name sir?”

“Kim Jonghyun.”

“Mr. Kim-”

“Jonghyun is fine.”

“Jonghyun-ssi,” he corrected, “Can you please explain to me what exactly happened?”

He shrugged, “W-we were driving back to Luna- I mean Sunyoungs father’s shop. Her dad is a mechanic and earlier today my car broke down. She was towing us back when this deer just… popped out of nowhere.”

“Mhmmm,” Taecyeon gave acknowledgement that he was listening while he scribbled bits and pieces of the story down in his notepad.

“I kinda out when we hit the tree. All I remember is Key shaking me awake, screaming about blood and smoke. Sunyoung was being helped out of the car by someone who had pulled over behind us… and I guess you know everything after that.”

 “Just to confirm, this Sunyoung is the girl in the ambulance… correct?”

“If she’s asleep then yes. She was pretty scared about the car being totaled. Her dad loves it like a second daughter,” Jonghyun glanced back over his shoulder and did a double take when he noticed Key furiously wiping his eyes, “Are we done?”

“I have no further questions. But I want to talk with the medic first; you look rather pale if I do say so myself.”

“I’m fine, really,” Jonghyun smiled and bowed slightly, turning away to comfort his friend.

--

Key didn’t want Jonghyun to leave; he resisted the urge to reach out and grab his jacked when he left to follow the policeman and glared at the other officer in front of him. The man was all smiles, how can someone be smiling in a situation like this? He wanted nothing more than to punch that stupid grin off his face… but that would lead to more drama he really didn’t have time for.

“Are you feeling alright sir?” Nichkhun asked with concern, “Judging by the look of the car, that was quite a crash.”

“I’m fine,” Key hissed.

“That’s good to hear Mr…

“Kim Kibum.”

“Mr. Kim. Now then,” he pulled out his notebook, “Tell me what you remember. The sooner you do the sooner I’m gone.”

Key bit his lip. He liked the sound of that, “… We were heading towards Yeongju to have our car fixed when this wild animal ran onto the road or something like that. I don’t really remember since I was yelling at Jonghyun for taking up too much space.”

Nichkhun nodded and motioned for him to continue, “L-Luna screamed and-”

“’Luna’?”

“Park Sunyoung,” Key sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose as he recalled the disturbing memory, “I thought my chest was going to snap in half with the amount of force we hit that tree at.”

“Yeah, that seatbelt is gonna give you a nasty lookin’ bruise for a couple of days,” the police man tsked, “Go on.”

Key stared at him for a couple of seconds, wondering if he was really a cop or just an idiot but decided against asking, “Luna was crying. She was apologizing over and over again, trying to get out of her seatbelt. I think she was stuck through since she kept shaking it and Jonghyun…”

Nichkhun noticed his silence and looked up to see the younger male’s eyes starting to water, “H-he wouldn’t wake up. I shook him, I punched his arm, I yelled, I pinched, I poked, I shoved, b-but he didn’t move! A-and then the blood…” Key put his arm over his eyes, “I-It’s gone now… b-but before, he wouldn’t stop bleeding.”

“Mr. Kim…” Nichkhun reached out an arm to… well… he didn’t quite know what for.  Maybe to pat his shoulder, hug him, do something to comfort him. Before he could act though, Jonghyun came over and pulled the blonde into his arms.  He felt the boy clutch his jacket and soak the collar of his shirt with his tears, but didn’t say anything.

Taecyeon came over a minute or two later and patted his partner’s shoulder, “I’m done with my interview. How about you?”

“Yeah, everything’s fine… However, I want them to stay at the hospital for a little while.”

“No,” Key snapped harshly with a hoarse voice.

“Sorry officer’s but I’m with him on this one. We’ve had a hellish night, can’t we just go?”

“I’m afraid not,” Taecyeon frowned, “Your injuries are probably the most severe from this accident. I mean… just look at yourselves.”

They frowned and examined each other. Key’s arms and parts of his chest were bandaged up; A purple sliver of skin stood out from the collar of his shirt, showing where the seatbelt had held him.

Jonghyun’s condition didn’t seem like it, but was probably worse than Key’s; His head and hands were covered with a couple of layers of gauze and his face was pale from the blood loss, littered with a few cuts from the shrapnel here and there.

“These will heal with some rest,” Jonghyun reassured, “Seriously we’re-”

“I’m concerned for your friend’s mental state,” the paramedic from earlier spoke up, stepping out of the van, “After hearing his conversation with Nichkhun here, I’m worried that he may have suffered some trauma.”

“What?!” Key yelled, “You’re kidding!”

“Afraid not,” he took a step back and motioned to the stretcher behind him, “I won’t force to you lie down, but I may have to sedate you like your friend if you don’t cooperate.”

Key let out a frustrated sigh and grabbed Jonghyun’s arm, giving him a determined look, “I don’t want to go.”

The elder stared back with an unreadable expression on his face. He then turned to the paramedic, who’s name tag read Wooyoung, “How long will we be there for?”

“A day or two at max. You’ll be taken to the same place as your friend over there,” Wooyoung pointed to the other ambulance, which was getting ready to leave, “And take a few brain scans.”

Jonghyun looked back at Key, “Just do it to humor them… Please?”

Key whined and hit his chest lightly, “… Fine, but you’re coming with me.”

He smiled, “Of course. Someone’s gotta make sure you don’t tear apart the ER.”

 


 

Let me just say, that won't be the last time you see 2PM. :3

tumblr_mc9amjlBMf1qarqljo1_500.gif

I love this album so muuuch <3