I Stubbed My Toe And It Hurts ;A;

Adventure

 

“I didn’t even know houses like this existed,” Jonghyun mumbled, stumbling out of the car since his eyes were trained on a massive mansion hidden in the woods. It was on the outside of town and almost impossible to find. After the driver, who later introduced himself as Lee Sun Woong but Tablo for short, had taken an off road dirt path and made several nauseating turns, they had pulled up to an extravagant building that seemed to go on for miles and miles.

The outside gave a traditional Korean appearance, but the two were fooled when they stepped inside and saw rooms styled in western furniture with hints of European inspiration.  Tablo showed them to a small parlor and asked them to wait while he retrieved the owner of the dog.

Once they were alone, Jonghyun scooted closer to Key on the couch and looked around the room in awe, “This place is misleading.”

“I know, and hidden too. What do you think this person is like?” Key asked, playing with Gaho’s wrinkles.

“Probably an old hermit who has dogs instead of cats. Maybe this is his pride canine or something.”

“Does this look like something that would win dog shows to you?”

“No… but you never know.”

Key chuckled and was about to reply, until the doors on the other side of the room were thrown open and slammed against the wall. The two boy’s jumped and the dog sitting in Key’s lap whimpered, burying its face into the blonde’s arm.

“But what if it’s not him?! What if there’s no dog at all!? What if it’s someone who just wants to blow up my house?!” A skinny man, no taller than 5’8’ with a blonde corn rows, screamed in exasperation. A feminine looking red haired boy followed behind him, a frown on his face.

“Just look at the dog before you jump to conclusions. How could they have called you if they didn’t have his collar?” he sighed, clearly irritated.

“It could have fallen off!”

“But Tablo went to pick them up! I’m pretty sure he’d be suspicious if they didn’t have a dog with them.”

“They could have grabbed another random dog and stuck it on him. Tablo hasn’t seen Gaho enough to know what he looks like.

“Jiyong, you’re over reacting-”

“Jang Hyunseung! I am not over reacting! I am being rational!”

“Yes, cause rational to you is thinking about someone trying to blow your house up.”

“It happened once! It could happen again!”

“You left your oven on and it burned the kitchen, that isn’t what I’d call an ‘explosion’.”

“Shut up! You weren’t there! Where the hell are they anyways?!” Jiyong huffed, placing his hands on his hips as he stared darkly at the other door.

“Um,” Jonghyun spoke up, catching their attention, “We’ve been here a while now.”

“Oh really?” the red head looked flustered, “I’m sorry you had to hear us. I’m Jang Hyunseung and this is-”

“GAHO!” the corn rows haired man screamed, falling on his knees and opening his arms out. The dog on Key’s lap barked and jumped off, rushing to return the hug of his owner. Key and Jonghyun stared momentarily at each other while the stranger mumbled sweet nothings and promises of beefy dog treats to the animal.

“See hyung?” Hyunseung smirked, “They’re good people; they found your dog.”

“Yes, thank you!” the man stood up and approached them. Key and Jonghyun got up from the couch, as to not be rude, and bowed to him, “No no no, don’t do that! I should be doing that to you!”

“N-no you don’t have to,” Jonghyun smiled uneasily, “We just wanted to make sure he got home.”

“And I’m very grateful for that,” he shifted the dog from one arm to another before sticking out his hand, “Kwon Jiyong, CEO of GMarket and One of a kind~” he sang the last part, making the two laugh a bit.

“W-wait… GMarket as in the clothes brand?” Key asked, trying to cover the logo printed on his jacket sleeve.

“Yup! And don’t bother trying to hide that. It’s from my winter collection in 2010, still my favorite to this day. You have excellent taste I must say,” he winked, handing the dog off to Hyunseung before straightening his suit.

“You’re scaring them hyung,” the red head laughed, noticing how Jonghyun stiffened at the mention of his job.

“I’m not! I’m merely stating the facts. Now, what do you have in mind for a reward?”

“Reward?” the dino-boy finally spoke up, “No, we don’t need one. We just wanted to make sure the little guy got home.”

“Yeah, we were honestly just expecting to drop him off and go,” Key motioned towards the door while hooking arms with Jonghyun. The CEO gasped and shook his head, running to the other side of the room and locking the expensive looking wood.

“Yah! Kwon Jiyong! What are you doing?!” Hyunseung snapped, putting the animal down and stomping towards the elder. Gaho nonchalantly trotted over to key and Jonghyun, making himself comfy between their feet while the two watched in confusion.

“They can’t leave! No!” he pouted, “They saved my dog! They saved my life and yet they want nothing in return! How can there be people like that?! I tell you what, there aren’t.

“You’re being over dramatic… and creepy.”

He rolled his eyes and looked back at them, giving them a toothy smile, “How about I take you out to lunch? Sound good?”

Key looked at Jonghyun for confirmation. The elder glanced down at his watch and shrugged, “Umma doesn’t expect us back until 4; we have a few hours… why not?”

“Excellent!” he clapped his hands together and looked at his friend, “So where do you think we should go? I heard the Gazette opened a nice place a few roads away. They have amazing sushi and I’m in the mood for Japanese today.”

“Whatever you do, leave me out of it,” the red smiled, walking to a coat rack and grabbing a deep blue trench coat off it, “I have a date with Junhyung.”

“Oh!” Key snapped his fingers, pointing at him, “You’re Junhyung’s idol boyfriend!”

He smiled and nodded, “Deh, you know my Junnie?”

Jiyong scowled and came up behind Hyunseung, hugging his waist tightly like a little kid would, “I don’t like him. He stole my adorable little dongsaeng.”

“Junnie is a good man, he takes care of me.”

“I can take care of you better. I have money.”

“It isn’t about the money and you know it.”

Jiyong rested his chin on his shoulder and tilted his head up to look at him, “It’s because I’m too beautiful isn’t it?”

“Right,” Hyunseung laughed, “I could never date someone prettier than me.”

He smiled and nodded back. Jonghyun wondered for a moment of the two forget they were even there, but  Jiyong eventually unwrapped his arms and allowed to the singer to step away, “Let’s have lunch together another time.”

“Where ever I go, Junhyung goes,” the elder man scowled, but nodded anyways. Hyunseung rolled his eyes and looked at key, “I hope your friends approve of your boyfriend more than mine do.”

Key furrowed his brows together in confusion. Then he realized he was holding Jonghyun’s arm and quickly took a step away, making Gaho fall to the side with the lack of support from his leg, “Wait. No. No. We aren’t together, we’re just friends.”

Jonghyun rolled his eyes and looked at Hyunseung with a smirk, “For now.”

The idol laughed and nodded, sending them his goodbyes before disappearing out another door. Jiyong unlocked the other one and turned around, a small smile on his face, “Well then, are you hungry?”

--                                                                              

A hop, skip, and a car ride away, Jonghyun and Key found themselves seated in a very expensive looking hotel. The floor of the restaurant they were on was completely empty, and from the surprised look of the waiter, it seemed it was reserved only for Jiyong.

The said man was now sitting across from them, a wide smile on his face, as Gaho sat in a small booster seat beside him. He told the two to wait a little bit while he finished something. When he came back into the car, he had half his head shaved with pink streaks in his newly dyed black hair.

Jonghyun and Key stuck together, in regards to the seating arrangement at the restaurant. The elder had his hand on Key’s lap and was shaking nervously, a habit of his whenever he was exposed to something overwhelming.

The blonde eventually took his hand into his when the shaking got too bad, and gave a reassuring squeeze. Jonghyun pretended not to notice it as he stared at his menu, what the is all this ? Couldn’t there just be simple ddubbokki at least?

“Order anything you like!” Jiyong grinned, “My treat. You don’t know how relieved I am to have my baby back. I really don’t know how I can thank you.”

“A normal ‘thank you’ would have sufficed,” Key laughed nervously, his once shining charisma now diminished to an uneasy state. This man was weird and he had no idea how to deal with his type of personality.

Jiyong shook his head, almost appalled by the statement, “Nonsense! You’re heroes in my book! Now really, go ahead and order.”

“Honestly…” Jonghyun spoke up, “I don’t even know what half of this stuff is.”

“I understand, their Japanese names can get confusing,” he reached across the table and grabbed the menu, then turned to the waiter and pointed at random spots on the list, “We’ll have this, this, and this.”

“Sir… you pointed at the appetizers.” He spoke nervously.

“Yes, is that a problem?”

“Not at all… but… you pointed at the word ‘appetizers’. I don’t know what you want.”

“Well isn’t it obvious? One of everything!” he scoffed. Jonghyun and Key’s jaw dropped.

“Did he just say what I think he said?” Key mumbled to the elder, who looked just as shocked as him.

“S-sir! One of everything?”

“Yes!” Jiyong snapped, “Why do you keep questioning me? This is a happy occasion, but you’re bringing my mood down.”

“T-There’s not enough room on the table.”

“Then get another table. There are plenty of available ones around here,” he glared, “Am I to starve with all these incessant questions?”

“My apologies,” he bowed low, then took the menus and shuffled them together anxiously; “I-It will take time for the food.”

“I’m in no rush,” he waved the man away and returned his attention back to them, “I’m sorry, I just realized I never asked for your name! How rude, I guess I was a little too… excited to have my dog back to think about it.”

“No, it’s fine,” Jonghyun shook his head, “Kim Jonghyun Imnida. This is my friend Kim Kibum, but he goes by Key.”

“Annyeong,” the blonde half bowed just to finish the introduction.

Jiyong smiled and nodded his head, “Two names that go well together. That’s something I’ll remember easily.”

“Don’t misunderstand, we’re not together,” Key quickly cleared up, reaching for his cup of water.

“That hurts,” Jonghyun joked, getting hit in the same spot from earlier.

Jiyong watched their interaction with a sly smile and rolled his eyes, not buying a word of what he said, “So what brings you two to Daedong-ro? Not a lot of people come here unless it’s for business.”

“Actually we’re on a road trip,” key gestured to Jonghyun, “This Pabo dragged me out of my house and threw me into his car.”

“Hey! You came willingly and you know it!” Jonghyun frowned, “We’re headed to Daegu actually, but I wanted to stop here and visit my family first.”

“Ah! A road trip! How nostalgic,” the black haired male laughed, “The last time I was on a trip like that was the time I was in America. I went with my best friend Seunghyun and you wouldn’t believe the we got into!”

The man then launched into a incredible tale of him and his friend’s shenanigans, talking about how he went cliff diving off Mt. Rushmore and had to spend the night in jail, how he got lost in New York and ended up sharing a taxi with Brad Pitt. Some of his stories seemed realistic and others… not so much.

“I call bull on your story,” Jonghyun smirked, leaning an arm on the table once the man was done with his story. Both he and Key were starting to get more comfortable with the CEO, enough to know what was appropriate behavior for him.

Jiyong raised an eyebrow, “Don’t believe me? Well ask Obama, he’ll tell you.”

“… Obama as in… the American president?”

“Neh~ Oh wait! You can’t, you’re just going to have to believe me,” he chuckled and pulled out a business card from his wallet. He grabbed a pen from one of the passing waiters and scribbled some numbers on the back. When he was satisfied, he slid it across the table towards the two, “Here you go, my number.”

“What’s this for?” Key asked, picking it up.

“Well, since you people won’t tell me what you want as a reward, I decided to pick one for you,” he held up his hands, raising four fingers and wiggling them mischievously, “Four favors. Not each, combined. I owe you four favors for finding my dog. These favors can be anything, and I mean anything. I will answer your call whenever and where ever, so don’t even think about doubting my power.”

“You sound like a genie,” Jonghyun smiled.

“I’m not a genie,” Jiyong smirked back and leaned forward, “I’m one of a kind.”

And as if on cue, their food started to enter the room, filling the air with the scent of cooked beef and steaming vegetables. Key and Jonghyun’s mouth watered at the sight and stared wide eyed as it was placed in front of them. Jiyong smiled and motioned to the feast, “Dig in.”

 

 


 

tumblr_maavypwSyF1r7wr8yo1_500.gif

i should introduce the other shinee memebers soon... huh?

EDIT: GYAAH LOTS OF MISTAKES BUT I FIXED WHATEVER I COULD FIND. DAMN I REALLY NEED  BETA ;A;