What Are The Odds

Adventure

 

“Jonghyun.”

“Mm?”

“Jonghyun wake up.”

“No.”

“Get up now.”

“Nooo.”

“Get your out of bed now!” Key’s order followed with a rough push and soon Jonghyun was sprawled out on the floor. He groaned in pain, wondering why he wasn’t use to the harsh awakenings by now and sat up slowly. Key didn’t like the speed he was going at and pulled him to his feet, dragging him into the bathroom shortly afterwards.

Jonghyun was shoved inside of a shower, cold water already running, and let out a string of curses that even a sailor grimace.

“W-what the hell!?” He stuttered, teeth clattering as he clawed at the shower curtains. Key shoved him back and adjusted the knob until it sputtered warm water.

“That got you awake,” he grinned, reaching for a bottle of shampoo on the marble counter.

“What are you doing!? My clothes are getting wet!”

“Oh please Jonghyun, you sleep in your boxers. That hardly counts as clothing,” the blonde poured a good amount of the hair cleanser into his hand and rubbed them together. He then dug his fingers into the brunette's soaking locks, threading them through and spreading the shampoo evenly.

“Why are you bathing me? I can do this myself,” Key swatted his arm away when he reached for his head, giving him a ‘try that again and I’ll make you bald’ glare.

“There’s a sale today, and since you take forever to get ready I thought I could speed up the process a bit.”

“Oh come on now-”

“I’d be completely ready in less than half an hour. You’d just be getting out of the shower after 45 minutes.”

“It does not take me that long-”

“You sing, and when you sing you lose track of time. Trust me hyung, I know what I’m dealing with. Now close your eyes, I’m rinsing.”

Jonghyun would have glared at him, but he didn’t the pain that early in the morning either and kept his eyes shut. Key pulled him out of the bathroom a few minutes later and threw a towel over his shoulder.

“What do I do with my boxers?” Jonghyun asked as he dried his hair.

Key scanned his body discretely and shrugged, “Hang them on the bar. I’ll pick out some clothes for you.”

“What are you, my mother?”

“I might as well be,” he grumbled, making the latter laugh.  

The door opened and Key’s eyes flickered up, growing wide when he noticed Jonghyun’s towel hang precariously around his waist, enhancing his hip bones and tones stomach. Jonghyun looked up and locked eyes with the blonde momentarily before Key's face flushed and looked away.

He chuckled and leaned against the wall, “Like what you see?”

“Exact opposite,” Key replied hastily, throwing him some underwear, “N-now get dressed.”

“All of my clothes are dirty.”

“… You’ve got to be joking.”

“Unfortunantly not,” Jonghyun picked up a T-shirt and tossed it towards the younger, “Smell that and tell it me it isn’t the more rancid thing you’ve ever-”

“Dear lord Jonghyun!” He gagged, the vile smell of old B.O. and stained food overwhelmed his senses and made him double over, “O-oh god, what crawled into your shirt and died?!

“Well that was mean,” he pouted.

“I’m not being mean. I’m being honest. How could you let your clothes get this bad? , there whould be a law against not washing your clothes for this long.”

“Aww it’s only been a week.”

“A week?” Key looked like he was going to go off on him again, but caught himself and simply sighed, “Let’s… Let’s just see what a few gallons of fabreze can do for you.”

--

After a very hurried morning of stressing and yelling, Key managed to get Jonghyun into a decent pair of clea­n-looking clothes and out the hotel door. The pair had arrived in Daegu the night before, just in time for an all out sale on all the major malls in the area that Key just so happened to see on a billboard as they drove. Whenever Jonghyun asked why they were taking part in such a pointless event, Key would say if was for his friends and that it’s the ‘nice thing to do’.

After a while Jonghyun stopped caring, right now all he wanted was some food.

“I said I’ll buy you breakfast after we check out that store!” Key whined, trying to pull him back through the mall. Jonghyun rolled his eyes and kept walking, smirking victoriously to himself when he felt Key’s grip tightened on his arm.

“Come on Key, you really think you can handle this much manpower?” To elaborate what ‘this’ was, he flexed his arm, showing off the muscle he had trained specifically for.

The blonde frowned and released him, crossing his own above his chest as he followed him dejectedly, “You , you know that?”

“You’re hungry too, don’t lie.”

“I ate at the hotel.”

“Liar.”

“Okay, so what? Those lines aren’t going to get any shorter!”

“You never kno-” Jonghyun was cut off when someone turned a corner and ran into his chest. He hissed when his chin collided with the stranger’s forehead and stumbled back into Key. The other person groaned as well, rubbing their head as they looked up.

“Omo… Jonghyun?”

“What?” he glaring down, about ready to give the person a piece of his mind until he recognized who it was, “Amber?”

The said girl grinned, brushing her brown bangs out of her forehead to nurse the injured spot, “God you have a sharp chin. You really need to blunt it or something.”

“Amber!” Key pushed Jonghyun away and enveloped her into a tight hug. Amber laughed and hugged him back, “What the hell are you doing here? I thought you were in America!”

“I came back last week. I was going to take a train to Seoul and find you guys but I saw this sale and crashed at Henry’s place…”

She trailed off just as two cops spotted them and ran over. The bulkier of the two grabbed a hold of Amber’s arm and yanked her back, “Caught you young man!”

“Ow! Let go of me!”

“Yah! What are you doing to her?” the blonde snapped, glaring at the security duo.

He just walked out of a store wearing a ₩ 320,000 Jeremy Scott jacket. That, right there, is shop lifting.”

“What? No I wasn’t stealing it!” She quickly defended herself, pulling away from the guards tight grip and grabbing onto Jonghyun’s arm, “I-I was getting my brother!”

“Your what?” Jonghyun frowned, looking at her confused.

“Your older brother?” the guard asked skeptically.

“Neh! Hey hyung! I’m glad I found you, now let’s go back to the store where we can pay for this jacket, okay?”

“Like hell am I going to-” he was cut off, again, when Amber elbowed the slightly taller male’s gut. He grunted in pain and nodded slowly to play along.

The security guard shook his head, “You should really be a better influence for your brother.”

“Y-yeah, I’ll be sure to look out for him more.”

“Excuse me one moment,” the smaller of the two put a hand on the brunette’s shoulder just as he was walking away and motioned to talk to him alone. Key hooked arms with Amber and pulled her to the side while the other guard glared at them.

“Can I help you?”

“Well, I just wanted to give some advice,” he smiled sincerely, almost melting all bad feelings Jonghyun had towards him, “This shop lifting gig is only the beginning of teenage rebellion. Now your brother was lucky that he has his older brother to be there for him this time, but that luck is bound to run out. This rebellion is usually caused by lack of attention and… well…” he glanced at the others and motioned his head, “Maybe you should try spending more time with your brother and less time with your girlfriend.”

“Ah, yes. As soon as I get one I’ll be sure to follow that,” Jonghyun smiled. The guard looked at him strange, then back in the direction of Key and Amber. He shook his head and motioned for the boy to be on his way.

Jonghyun retreated back to his friends, starting to trail behind amber as she led them to the store the jacket came from.

“For the record, you’re paying for your own ,” Key nagged, “Shop lifting is so unlady-like Amber. I’m highly disappointed.”

“Like I said, I wasn’t shop lifting. I thought I saw someone and just took off.”

“Who?” Jonghyun inquired.

“Just a kid who use to be my lackey. I thought he was by the food court and wanted to surprise him. Guess I lost him.”

“You’re such a dork Amber.”

“Are you kidding? A dork? I’ve got mad skillz yo,” She spoke in English, striking a pose just to emphasize her point, “But... As an apology for ruining your date, I’ll buy you guys lunch.”

Key sighed, “You haven’t changed.”

“Nope, but what has changed since I’ve been gone?”

 


Amber Is here! i know you waant to see the rest of SHINee, but they're not up yet. :P Give it some time. Though i'll tell you the next member they see is going to be eitehr Taemin or Minho... We'll see~

tumblr_meyu8jaQ8Q1rtgg2wo1_400.gif

in case you're wondering who Amber's 'lackey' is. 
(Tbh, i tried looking for a better gif in my bias tags, but all i have is Jonghyun OTL)