Hip Song Rock Tonight

Adventure

 

“You… have… the worst luck… ever…” Key breathed, watching as Jonghyun kicked the smoking hood of his car. After a heartfelt goodbye to the Kim family (accompanied by water works), they were on the road for at least two hours when the engine started to make funny noises. Jonghyun tried to ignore it but was forced to pull over when white clouds seeped through the metal cover.

“God Damn it! I just had it fixed too! ing piece of junk!”

The blonde rolled his eyes, “You think if we call your noona she can come pick us up?”

Jonghyun shook his head, leaning back on the ‘ing piece of junk’ and looking up, “We’re too far. Besides noona doesn’t own a car, she takes the bus to work.”

“So… What are we going to do?”

“Tow truck?”

Key groaned, “Their cars always smell so nasty!”

“Well deal with it,” he stuck out his tongue and pulled out his phone.

--

“I’ve been telling you over and over again Jonghyun, you need a new car,” Luna laughed, adjusting the oversized truck hat over her caramel colored hair. Jonghyun stuck his tongue out and leaned onto Key’s shoulder, feeling cramped sitting in the middle seat.

“Yah! Not so close Pabo,” the blonde whined, shoving the elder lightly, “It’s hot in here.”

“Oh I can fix that,” she reached over and flicked the AC on; the cold air blasted Jonghyun right in the face and made his bangs fly up, making him look more like a dinosaur than usual. Key laughed and took out his phone to take a picture, but Jonghyun grabbed his arm before he could.

“Why are you even here Luna? I thought I called your dad,” he frowned.

Park Sunyoung, aka Luna, was a short 18 year old daughter of a mechanic and fresh out of high school. She had been a sophomore when Jonghyun and Key were seniors. Onew, their hyung, often tutored her afterschool in the library in math and science while Key helped in history and Jonghyun helped…distract her. But in all seriousness, they were singing buddies and went to noribangs together when their other friends refused to go.

“Appas busy working the shop. He told me to come pick you up,” she honked the horn, it’s loud booming voice startled other drivers in car’s nearby, “I’ve always wanted to do that.”

“Let me do it next.”

“Key!”

“What?”

Jonghyun rolled his eyes and elbowed Luna’s ribs lightly, “How far till we get there?”

“About 15 minutes… but I gotta do something,” She took a sharp turn left, making the two lurch to the side, and pulled off to a small truck stop on the side of the road.

There were bigger, bulkier cargo trucks parked for the day and a large green hostel in the center of it all. Luna pulled up between two trucks, the sizes of them making her own look like a toy car. She kicked open the car door and hoped out, almost falling over from the steep drop. Jonghyun followed suit and held his hand out for Key to take

The latter scoffed, “I’m not a girl Jonghyun.”

“Yeah but if Onew hyung wasn’t… well… him, then you’d be the clumsiest person in Korea.”

“You’re over exaggeratin-” Key was cut off when his foot caught on the groove of the metal and he fell forward. Jonghyun managed to catch his arms and pull him into his chest, stumbling back a bit but retaining balance none the less.

He smirked when he saw a blush creep onto the younger boy's face, “You were saying?”

“You can go a rock,” Key struggled in his grip, trying to push the shorter man away.

“That’s not nice. I saved your life!”

“You saved me from falling on my face.”

“Your life is your face.”

Luna laughed watching the two bicker back and forth, “This feels like high school all over again, only with more skinship.”

“What can I say? He’s so squishy,” to prove his point, Jonghyun gave the boy’s skinny waist a tight squeeze. Key gasped and his pinched his arm, making the elder release him before he stalked off to Luna and hooked arms with her.

“Come on Luna, let’s ditch that dino,” he huffed.

“Ah yes, especially since he keeps complaining about my driving.”

“Yah! Wait for me!” Jonghyun whined, sliding in between the two and shoving his hands in his pockets, “Why are we even at a hostel anyways?”

“My friend is here and she owes me twenty bucks.”

“… Is that really it?”

“Yeah, I figured if I was driving all the way out here to pick you guys up then I might as well collect my debt,” Luna walked up the stairs and pushed open the hostel doors. Inside were little cots and beds lined up by the wall; There were scattered numbers of people talking and sleeping around the room. All, who were awake at least, looked up to see the intruders before going back to their conversations.

“Krystal!” the girl yelled, paying no mind to them and skipping inside.

Another girl near the back with long brown hair shot up from her bed and ran across the room, clamping her hand over and hissing, “People are sleeping! Have some respect!”

“Mianhae, I didn’t want to waste time looking for you.”

Krystal muttered sarcastic remarks under her breath, her eyes briefly flashed to the two boys behind her friend and she crossed her arms, “Who did you bring with you?”

“My oppas from high school.”

She frowned, “And here I thought you brought me a new boyfriend.”

Key couldn’t help but laugh, earning a glare from the other truck drivers trying to get some rest. He flicked some hair out of his face and approached the stranger, smirking slightly, “I wouldn’t mind filling the position.”

Jonghyun rolled his eyes as she smiled back, “I’m Jung Soojung, but I prefer Krystal.”

“You certainly shine like one,” he winked.

She giggled, "It's my english name."

"Oh a foreigner? How exotic. You can call me Key.”

“Key? Why Key?”

“Because I’m the Key to your hea-”

“Okay no,” Jonghyun grabbed the collar of Key’s shirt and dragged him towards the door. The blonde clawed at his arm, trying to pull back but failing miserably. The elder looked over his shoulder and yelled towards Luna, “We’ll wait by the car!”

“Kay~” She waved them off, turning to talk to her friend who was still sending flirty looks towards Key. When the boys were closer to the truck, Jonghyun finally let go of his shirt and resorted to pushing him by the back.

“Hey! What gives?” Key snapped when he was shoved particularly ha​rd and almost tripped.

“'What gives'? What the hell was that back there?!” Jonghyun yelled back.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

He chuckled humorlessly, “You know damn well. That flirting and those suggestive looks, seriously you had to do that right in front of me? Aren’t I supposed to be the lady's man?!”

Key smirked and leaned back against Luna’s truck, “ doesn’t it?”

“Yeah! It's irritat- wait… what?”

“To be completely honest, she wasn’t my type,” The blonde shrugged, “I like shorter people, but not too short like Luna. The only reason I chatted with her was to give you a taste of your own annoyance.”

“So.. you’re not interested in her?”

“No, so feel free to chat her up next time…. As long as it’s not in front of me.”

Jonghyun sighed in relief and ran his fingers through his hair, “Man you’re killing me Key.”

"It’s what I do best.”

He laughed and punched his shoulder, “You’re a .”

“And you’re an . I think we go pretty well together, don’t you think?”

“Well if you put it that way-”

“Never mind.”

Luna came out a few seconds later, counting a wad of wons in her hand as she approached them, “Alright boys, let’s head back. The sooner your cars fixed the sooner you can get back on your honeymoon.”

Jonghyun laughed while Key blushed and glared at her, “Really Luna? Really?”

She shrugged and smiled back, a playful glint in her eye, “Just calling it like I see it.”

 

 


Sorry for a delayed update, i've been busy studying for my SAT's but i got it over with today! Yay.... ugh such a pain. I at english DX

tumblr_ma5eamRu0p1rosuzvo1_400.gif

Kudos to whoever knows who this guy is XD