Stumbling Over Myself

Adventure

 

Surprisingly, you could meet a lot of interesting people in lock up. Jonghyun sat next to a man with long hair and a scruffy beard. His first thought was that he was a homeless guy caught stealing from a shop or something. However, he learned that the man was really a successful CEO of a company he refused to name.

The man had been on vacation for the past two months and when he came back, his receptionist didn’t recognize him. She had called the cops on him and now here he was waiting for the misunderstanding to clear up.

“I swear to god, I try and look different one time and I get my thrown in jail. Didn’t know it was a crime to change,” The stranger, who called himself Rain for the time being, grumbled.

Jonghyun laughed and patted his back, “I feel your pain. I’m thrown in here and accused for impersonation as well.”

“Oh yeah? As who?”

“Donghae from Super Junior.”

Rain laughed, “I don’t see it.”

“Yeah well… I wasleaving a hospital because I was in a car accident, and out of nowhere these fan girls start surrounding me and calling me oppa. A Super Junior manager picked me and my friend up, and then later realized I wasn’t a member. That’s how I ended up here.”

“Rough life, being mistaken for an idol and all.”

“I just wanted to go on a road trip man.”

“Road trip?”

Jonghyun nodded and motioned to Key, who was chatting comfortably with the cop Nichkhun, “My friend and I have been traveling for a few weeks. We were on our way to Daegu but then this happened.”

“Wow, what an inconvenience,” he huffed, “these damn coppers.”

Jonghyun shrugged, “What can you do?”

“I’d like to pay for your car repair.”

“What?”Jonghyun’s eyes widened.

Rain smiled, running his hand over the stubble of his beard, “You got in an accident; your car must be a wreck seeing as your friend’s injuries look pretty bad. I’ll pay for your repairs.”

“It was actually my friend’s car, they were towing ours because our engine broke down.”

“Was it damaged?”

“Ani.”

“Then I’ll pay for the engine.”

“It’s already fixed. It’s okay Rain, we’re fine.”

“Well now I feel bad. I really wanted to do something for you,” he huffed.

Taecyeon came over a little while later and opened the cell, “You’re assistant came Mr. Jung. You’re free to go. We’re sorry for the confusion.”

The man smiled and stood up, straightening out his coat and holding a hand towards Jonghyun, “It was nice chatting with you Jonghyun. You remind me of myself when I was your age. Young, risky… and a bit unlucky.”

“Hey now,” Jonghyun laughed and shook his hand, “I haven’t bashed your get up, why tease me?”

This is style,” Rain reached into his pocket and pulled out a business card, handing it over, “If you’re ever back in town, give me a call. I’ll buy you and your friend dinner or something.”

“Alright, thanks.”

“Don’t mention it,” he patted his shoulder and left, chuckling at how his assistant bowed over and over, apologizing for her mistake and possibly begging to keep her job. Jonghyun concluded that Rain was a good man when he dismissed it and wrapped an arm around her shoulder to calm her down. He looked down at the card in his hand and his eyes widened.

Kim Jonghyun, café singer and college student, had been sitting with Jung Jihoon, CEO of J. Tune Entertainment.

“What’s up with you? You look a bit… star struck,” Key’s curious voice brought him back from his thoughts and he looked up. His friend was leaning against the bars, stretching his casted hand and looking down at him inquisitively.

“Nothing,” he smiled, “So when do you think I’m getting out of here?”

He shrugged, “I gave Jiyong a call 40 or so minutes ago. He said ‘soon’ but that doesn’t really help on our time frame.”

Jonghyun laughed, “Do you think he’ll really help us?”

“He has no reason not to. After all, we did find his dog,” the elder hummed in agreement. Key sensed his uneasiness and felt sorry for his hyung. He looked around to make sure no one was watching and reached his hand through the bar, resting it on Jonghyun’s shoulder and squeezing lightly, “You’re going to be fine hyung. Just relax.”

He nodded and put his hand over the latter’s, feeling a great wave of comfort come from that simple gesture, “Sorry, this trip so far.”

“Not necessarily.”

“We got in a car accident. I got arrested.

“Yes but this trip wouldn’t be us if we didn’t get into these kinds of situations. We also picked up hitch hiking idol and found a dog that belonged to the richest man in Korea.”

“Yeah… I also shared a cell with a CEO of an entertainment group.”

“You did what?”

“Nothing,” Jonghyun hummed, “I guess you’re right though.”

“Besides, our trip’s only just started, there’s no telling what’d going to happen.”

“Hopefully no more car accidents… or police.”

“Ah but then it wouldn’t be as fun.”

Before Jonghyun could respond with something witty, Taecyeon walked up to the door and unlocked it.

“See? Patience pays off,” the cop smiled. The two boys noted that he was rather happy for a policeman, must have been new on the job or something. Still, Jonghyun wasted no time in getting out of that cell. He hugged Key as soon as he turned the corner, careful of his arm, and breathed a sigh of relief.

“Excellent,” he murmured, “Now we can go.”

--

No more than a minute after stepping out on the street, the two boys were approached by a well dressed man. He said he had a car waiting for them and held the door open to a limousine parked nearby, expecting them to comply with his request. Jonghyun and Key looked at each other, confused and concerned as ever.

“I’m sorry, we don’t know you well enough to-”

“I’m a chauffeur for Kwon Jiyong,” the driver smiled, “He merely wants to take you to the parking lot where your car is being held.”

“Oh… I didn’t ask him for that,” Key frowned.

“He offers... and insists.”

Jonghyun groaned, “Fine, let’s just go- holy !”

The elder had only popped his head inside the car before he jumped back out grabbed onto Key. The blonde was surprised and looked inside himself, only to be stunned and a bit baffled with the person sitting cross legged inside.

“Donghae?” he asked cautiously. The brunette idol looked up and grinned.

“Annyeong! Sorry for surprising you, I wanted to see the so called ‘imposter’ that stole my identity.”

“Oh my god,” Jonghyun groaned, resting his head on Key’s shoulder, “I didn’t do anything! Your manager kidnapped me, then called the cops on me because I wasn’t you!”

Donghae laughed, “Sorry about that. What are you two still standing out there for? Come in! I won’t bite.”

They hesitantly slipped inside, unsure if what they were really seeing was true or not. Donghae didn’t seem to be bothered and simply reached for the mini fridge, pulling out a small green bottle and uncapping it.

“Do you want some Soju?” he offered. Key answered for both of them and shook his head, “I guess that makes sense, you’ve got to drive after all.”

Jonghyun frowned, “What are you doing here? Just wondering, since your manager seemed pissed that you weren’t there.”

Donghae smiled, “I called him and had him reschedule the CF I was suppose to film. I lied and said I was still out in the country and on my way back.”

“Conniving,” the blonde laughed.

“Well… Sometimes you gotta lie if you hope to get any free time, though recently I’ve been lying quite a lot…”

“Huh, I kinda expected that from an idol. Still want to join an industry Jonghyun?”

“Oh? You want to be an idol?”

Jonghyun laughed awkwardly, uncomfortable with being put on the spot and especially in front of someone living his dream. He rested his hand on Key’s leg, “Not an idol per-say, but I want to sing.”

“Huh, well let’s hear it. Sing me a few verses.”

He shook his head, “Nah, I’m not that good.”

“Yes you are, you liar.”

“Shut up Key.”

“He’s just being shy.”

Donghae laughed, “Fair enough. If you ever do become an idol then I’ll be the first person to buy your album.”

Jonghyun’s eyes widened and he nodded shyly. Then the car stopped and the driver looked back, “We’re here.”

“Hm? Ah right, I guess we’re at the parking lot. Well it this was fun, but Jonghyun?” the said person looked up, “We need to take a picture together. Eunhyuk’s trippin’ balls and the other members want to see us.”

 

 


Remember chapter 8 when i talked about Jonghyun's habit? well... yeah lol kthnxbye

200910291357071002_1.jpg

Oh amber.. you should be coming soon.