I'm The First To Know

Adventure

 

 

"Pleeease?"

"No."

"Pretty pretty please?"

"Ani."

"Jonghyun, come on!" Key whined for the nth time that day, "We've been sitting and driving and eating and picking up kidols and driving some more! I wanna get out of this car and do something!"

Jonghyun rolled his eyes. After dropping Mir off at a rather expensive looking hotel in Mungyeong, they had continued their drive to this 'secret' destination that he still refused to tell Key about. The feline eyed boy was annoyed with his stubbornness and decided if he wasn't going to get any information from him, then he might as well do something to cheer him up from his sour mood(Besides annoying Jonghyun). In this case, it was shopping.

Not for the items particularly, but for finding those rare stores, hidden gems as he liked to call it, in both the largest and smallest of cities. Mungyeong was no exception.

"Five minutes, that's all I want."

"Key," the elder sighed, glancing at his friend, "Five minutes to you is 2 hours to normal people. Just sit tight, will you?"

"No! My is sore and my legs are stiff! Let me stretch them a bit, please?"

Key bit his lip and pouted towards him. He knew that his aegyo was one of the man's weaknesses, recalling that he had said, "It reminds me of a little kitten." As much as Key hated being referred to any type of animal, he let it go just so he could use it to his advantage.

Jonghyun cursed under his breath and scanned the streets; he saw a small flee market entrance in a wide ally way a few feet ahead and pulled over. Key clapped with joy and got out as soon as the car came to a stop.

"You have no idea how much I love you right now Jjongie," he cooed before slamming the door behind him.

The said person coughed, trying to clear his red cheeks and stepped out after him, "We're only going to be here an hour max, okay?"

The younger nodded and hooked his arm around the latter's, pulling him across the street and to one of the vendors.

"Aigoo," the ahjumma in charge of the stand smiled, "What good looking boys! What good deed have I done to be greeted by such handsome young men?"

"Oh noona," Jonghyun smiled, earning another laugh from the woman, "You're too pretty to just walk past. Someone as yeppo as you must be selling things just as beautiful."

"What a sweet talker you are, but I'm far too old to be called noona anymore."

"Nonsense," Key shook his head, "You're still in the prime of your age! I bet all the boys are lining up to see you."

The two continued to bombard her with compliments, sending the woman into such a fit of laughter that people around the area stopped and stared at them.

"You boys," she giggled as she started to calm down, "I have never met such charmers in my life! You make me feel like I'm young again. How nice... So do you see anything that you like?"

Key bit his lip again as he examined the little trinkets and goodies scattered around the table. Jonghyun noticed a small necklace hanging off a stand and picked it up, "You think Sodam noona will like this?"

Key rolled his eyes, "You really don't know woman, get her this," He picked up a cuter necklace and handed it over. Jonghyun frowned, but nodded anyways and took it. He looked towards the ahjumma with a smile on his face, "I'll take this."

She tsked, "Nothing for your boyfriend?"

"What?"

The blond smirked at him and crossed his arms, obviously enjoying this, "Yeah, what about me yeobo?"

Jonghyun glared at him from the corner of his eyes and sighed, "Okay, but I’m picking it."

"But your taste is so bland-"

"Turn around."

Key huffed and gave the ahjumma a look, before turning around and tapping his foot impatiently. She laughed it off and watched Jonghyun pick up different things and examined them closely. He eventually settled on one of the small boxes of Pocky.

"I'll take this as well," he smiled.

"Are you sure?" she asked, pulling a bag from under the counters.

"Deh."

"Arraso, I'll only charge you for the necklace then, think of that as a little gift from me."

"Chincha?"

She nodded, "You boys really made my day. The next time you comeback, if you ever come back, come find me. I'll have a special treat prepared for you."

"Kansamnida!" Jonghyun bowed, taking the bag from her, "Key, you can turn around."

The blonde did so and copied his action, bowing with a smile on his face before they left the stand. Key peeked in the bag and pulled out the chocolate treat, "You got me this?"

"When in doubt, go with food."

Key smiled and rolled his eyes, ripping off the cardboard top, "You know me too well... You really were a good sweet talker back there too."

"And you have a nag for playing along," Jonghyun smiled back, "That ahjumma reminded me of my halmoni, I miss her."

"We should visit her after our trip."

"Yeah, I guess we'll have to."

The two continued exploring the street market, occasionally buying more food and presents for friends and family. They shared the Japanese treat, but even after it was all gone the two were still hungry. They stopped by a ddeokbokki vendor and got two different plates: spicy for Key and mild for Jonghyun.

"I don ge it," The elder frowned, talking with food in his mouth, "Wah do uh ike spishie food sho much?"

Key blew on the hot treat before taking a bite, as he tasted the delicious treat, " this is so good."

"Quit , you sound like you’re having ."

"It's making love with my taste buds," He laughed while Jonghyun elbowed his side, "How would you know what I sound like-"

"Answer my question," he quickly changed the subject.

"Cause it's ing delicious is why."

"Eh, it doesn't look that appetizing."

"Try some," Key poked another rice cake and held it up to his mouth.

Jonghyun was hesitant, but slowly opened his mouth and bit the warm treat. Key pulled his toothpick out and watched with curiosity as his hyung slowly chewed.

"How is it?" He asked with a cat like grin.

Jonghyun stopped chewing and stated at him wide eyed. Key chuckled at how big his eyes got and watched with mild amusement as he searched desperately for a water bottle in his backpack.

After downing over half the bottle in one go, he looked at Key with an accusing stare, "What did I just eat?!"

"Spicy-"

"No! That was not spicy! That's like ing fire in food form!"

"Language," he sang quietly, nodding his head to a group of children across the street.

Jonghyun sighed and shook his head, finishing off the water before taking another bite and grumbling profanities under his breath, "I'm never trusting you with food again."

Key laughed, but before he could respond, a familiar brown haired boy sprinted past them, throwing a 'Hi' over his shoulder. Then, another boy with light strawberry blonde hair ran past them, chasing the kid. The two stared stunned in the direction they disappeared, then slowly looked back at each other.

"That was..." Jonghyun began, "Mir... Wasn't it?"

"I thought so too, but didn't we drop him off at the hotel?"

"Yeah, I saw him go inside..."

"Yoseob!" a foreign looking male with light blonde hair yelled, running up next to them and collapsing on his hands and knees. He was panting heavily, letting his bangs fall in his face as he tried to regain his breath. Key recognized the man and smiled, crouching down next to him.

"Dongwoon-ah," he drew out the last part of his name. Jonghyun frowned and kneeled down next him, realizing it was, indeed, Son Dongwoon, another dongsaeng from high school.

"Huh?" the boy looked up, surprised to see two familiar faces, "Key? Jonghyun?

What are you doing here? Didn't you move to Seoul after school?"

"We did, but what are you doing in Mungyeong?"

"I asked first," he smiled, accepting Jonghyun's hand for help in standing up.

Key nodded, "Jjongie and I are on a road trip."

"Oh? Where are you headed?"

"It's a secret," Jonghyun winked, ignoring the glare from Key, "Now why was Yoseob chasing Mir?"

"Oh, right. The hyung's and I are here for Junhyung's boyfriend's concert. Seob hyung is a huge A+ and spotted Mir in the hotel lobby. He's been chasing him ever since; I'm kinda worried for the rapper."

"Oh, that makes sense. Don't be, I'm sure Mir can outrun him."

"You think?"

"Yeah," Key agreed, "He may seem childlike but he's got a lot of energy."

"... Interesting answer... Why are you in Mungyeong again?"

"We picked up a hitchhiker along the way," Key pulled out his phone and showed Dongwoon a picture he had taken of himself and Jonghyun with Mir right before they dropped him off.

Dongwoon gaped at the phone and looked up at Jonghyun to confirm. He nodded and the taller blonde started to freak out, "You can never, never, never, never show Yoseob this picture! If he sees it, you're dead!"

"That's why we showed you," Key smiled, and slid it back in his pocket, “Now you better go before you lose him, I can vaguely hear Yoseob’s fanboying from down that way.”

As if on cue, a loud ‘Let me love you!’ statement echoed through the street and Dongwoon cursed under his breath. He turned to Key and gave him a small hug, “Good to see you. You still have my number?”

“Deh,” he hugged back.

“Good text me later.”

“Yah! Where’s my hug,” Jonghyun pouted. He and Dongwoon weren’t that close in reality, but he was still the king of skinship, and what human would deny the king of skinship… skinship?

“Right, sorry hyung…” Dongwoon laughed and made a move to hug him, but froze, looking at something past Jonghyun’s head. The elder frowned and tried waving his hand in front of his face, but the taller male flinched back with a squeak and took off down the road, “Sorry hyung! Next time I will!”

Jonghyun stood their stunned for a few seconds, watching him go. Key let out a low whistle and smiled at him, “Don’t take that rejection to heart.”

“That little brat! People would kill to hug and get hugged by me!” Jonghyun yelled.

“He didn’t hug you because you have a bug on your shoulder. Don’t you remember? Dongwoon is deathly afraid of bugs.”

Jonghyun looked to his left and true to Key’s word, for once, there was a large moth-like bug perched beside him. He rolled his eyes and flicked the thing off, “What a baby.”

“Don’t talk about Dongwoon that way!”

“Whatever, it’s been a little over an hour, we should go back.”

Key pouted, “But we were having so much fun!”

“We need to get back on the road to make it in time for my surprise. I’ll never hear the end of it if we’re late,” Jonghyun held his hand out for Key to take. The younger eyed him wearily, thinking it was a trap of some sort before grabbing it.

Jonghyun tightened his grip and smiled, “Let’s go.”

“S-sure…”

They started walking through the streets, ignoring the stares they got from strangers until Jonghyun realized something and stopped, "Wait a second… Key?"

"Hm?"

"... Where did our ddeokbokki go?"

 


In case you didn't understand Jonghyun when he had food in his mouth, he said "I don't get it. Why do you like spicy food so much"

tumblr_m8igdvw36v1rz6y82o1_500.gif

God it was so ing hot today! But now that it's late it's colder than . This by far probably has to be my favorite chapter, JS

tumblr_lej9lkz8JX1qbjn05o1_500.gif

K, well peace~