Well Do You Know This House Is Falling Apart

Adventure

 

Sodam= Jonghyun's sister
Goo Ra= Jonghyun's grand mother (not actual name)
Jin Ae- Jonghyun's Mother (Not actual name)


 

“What the hell!? Nooo! Not another cliffhanger!” Key whined, throwing one of the hotel pillows at the TV. Jonghyun opened the bathroom door and was about to ask him for a t-shirt from his bag, but stopped when he saw the blonde throwing an aegyo fit on his bed. The boy was punching his other pillows and whining with a pout on his face.

“… Do I want to know what happened?” he asked, despite the little voice in his head telling him not to.

“Yeah you do,” Key huffed, turning to face him, “They just had to leave it at a cliff hanger on one of the dumbest parts ever! Seriously! Sulli tripped in those too-high heel’s and fell on Minho just as Ji Won and Hyun Woo walked into the gym!”

Jonghyun rolled his eyes, “Is this that stupid drama you were watching a few weeks ago?”

“It is not stupid! Well… there is a few stupid things. I finally realized what the SM in SMEnt means,” he leaned forward with a serious look in his eyes, “Slow. Motion. It’s ridiculous how many 360 pans they do in this show.”

“Then why do you watch it?”

“Because it’s drama,” he flopped back on the bed, “What are you doing?”

“Hm?” Jonghyun glanced up, pausing his search for his bag momentarily to lock eyes with Key, “I’m trying to find a shirt, but I don’t know what’s clean or not.”

Key pointed to his bag, “There’s a few of your shirts in there. I accidentally packed some of the ones you left at my house while you were rushing me out of there.”

Jonghyun smirked and laid back on the bed besides Key, cocking his head to the side to look at him closer, “You have my shirts?”

“We’ll it’s not like I can throw them out,” he scoffed, “You always spend the night at my house whenever your shift runs overtime.”

“And you let me because you’re a good friend.”

“I’m a great friend! What are you talking about?”’

Jonghyun laughed lightly and stared at Key with a goofy smile on his face. Key lifted his hand up and poked the dino-looking boy’s cheek with one of his slender fingers, pursing his lips slightly as he focused on one particular part of his face.

“You’re still in your tower,” he commented, realizing the cloth wrapped around his waist had loosened from the impact on the bed.

“What? You’re disappointed I’m not stripped ?” his grin grew wider and earned himself a hard pinch on the cheek, “Ow! That hurt!”

“So does your mind. Your stupidity hurts humanity’s reputation,” Key sat up and grabbed a shirt from on top of his luggage and handed it to him, “Get dressed, you said we were close to you ‘surprise’ and I want to know what it is.”

--

“Noona!”

“Jonghyunie!” Sodam squealed, taking her little brother into her arms for a tight hug.

Key stood by the door with a smile on his face. It was nice seeing the siblings reunite after 2 years; the blonde had often heard Jonghyun complain about not seeing his family for so long so this gathering was perfect. He had figured out where Jonghyun was taking him as soon as they passed the Yeongju city sign and nagged at him for not telling him sooner.

Jonghyun’s hometown was Seoul, but after he started college his mother and grandmother moved out of the big city to take a breather and found a nice little neighborhood in view of Mt. Sobaeksan.  It was their first time visiting since the move and they were amazed with the scenery. The forest was practically the town’s people’s back yard!

“Kibum!” Sodam greeted, releasing her clingy brother and giving the taller boy a small hug, “It’s good to know you’re still taking care of Jjongie. I’m sorry he’s just a pain.”

“Oh I don’t mind. I’m use to babysitting,” Key grinned back, ignoring the glare he got from his best friend.

“Noona,” Jonghyun pouted, “Why do you treat me like this? I’m older than Key anyways! If anything I’m taking care of him?”

“Oh really? Then who helped you with that wardrobe malfunction you had last week at the café? Honestly, who rips their pants ten minutes before their performance?”

“W-What?! Noona how do you know about that?!”

“Kibum and I talk regularly because a certain someone rarely calls,” she stuck her tongue out and pulled the two boys into the kitchen. A shorter woman with dark brown and grey hair stood in front of the stove while an older woman sat at the table and cut some vegetables. The old lady beamed at the additional company and stood up.

“Jonghyun!”

“Halmoni!” the said boy smiled back, pulling free from his sister’s grip and hugging the older woman lightly.

“Aigoo, you’ve grown a little since I last saw you.”

“I did?”

“No, she’s just being nice,” Key teased, “It’s good to see you Mrs. Kim.”

“Oh please Kibum, we’re all family here,” the woman smiled, walking over and giving the blonde a quick kiss on the cheek while Jonghyun went and back hugged his mother, “If you won’t call me ‘grandma’ then at least call me Goo Ra.”

“Alright Goo Ra Noona.”

She laughed and reached a frail arm out, patting his arm gently, “Aigo, that youth of yours must get you all the ladies.”

“What about me Halmoni-”

“I’m glad you two made it in time,” Sodam smiled, cutting her brother off, “Umma was just about to serve dinner.”

“That’s a relief. I’m sick of eating fast food for the past three days,” Key stuck out his tongue with disgust while the halmoni laughed.

“Alright take your seats! Food’s ready,” Jin Ae smiled when she turned around to greet them. Her eyes widened when she saw Jonghyun and Key, “Oh my, you’ve both changed so much!”

“Umma!” Jonghyun jumped with glee and ran to hug her.

“Why didn’t you greet me sooner?”

“I didn’t want to burn your hand like last time.”

“Chincha? Oh my boy, that was an accident. Forget about it,” she ruffled her sons hair and turned to Key, “I like the color of your hair Kibum, it suits you well. If I didn’t know any better I’d say you were a foreigner.”

“Aish, quit talking nonsense,” Key couldn’t suppress the grin on his face while Jin Ae continued to compliment him. Jonghyun pouted and tugged on her apron.

“Yah! What about me?”

“What about you?” She looked at him blanked face before breaking out into a laugh. Jonghyun looked so dejected, like a kicked puppy, and made his mother feel bad, “I’m kidding! You’ve gotten a lot stronger since last time! What is the city doing to you?”

“Making him a man,” Sodam grabbed a pot from the table and looked up at Key, “Did you watch the new episode?”

“Yes! Oh my god can you believe that Ji Won almost found out about Sulli? That girl has to be more careful, but how the hell did that bracelet end up in that bag?”

“I know right? I was thinking the same thing. The only way it could have was if she slid that thing in there, but that doesn’t make sense! It’s like she’s trying to be caught…”

The two continued to ramble while they brought pots into the dining area. Jonghyun gave his mother a pleading look, “I’ve had to deal with that for three hours. They’ll be talking about that show for the rest of dinner.”

“Don’t look like that Jonghyun, it’s actually not a bad show.”

“Umma! Not you too!”

“It’s okay Jin Ae-ah,” Goo Ra slowly stood up, “Jonghyun, be a dear and help your grandma into the other room.”

“Neh Halmoni,” Jonghyun quickly went to her side and locked arms with her.

“My what a gentleman… If only you could be as tall as that Tae Joon character.”

“Halmoni!”

 --

“No way! You’re lying! Key, is he lying?“

“It’s the honest to god truth,” the blonde smirked, “We have photo evidence.”

“I need to see it.”

“Noona! Can’t you just believe me-”

“Why? Because anyone these days can pick up hitch hiking idols on the side of the road. Yeah, that happens so much,” she replied sarcastically and reached for Key’s phone.

“Sodam! It’s rude to have electronics at the table!”

“Umma, this is MBLAQ we’re talking about. I think we can make an exception.”

“Yah! Don’t talk to Umma like that!”

“Mama’s boy.”

“Am not!”

“AIgoo,” Goo Ra laughed, “This reminds me of Jin Ae when she was younger. Sodam has that same fierce spirit.”

 “Umma,” Jin Ae sighed.

“So Kibum, how was your time in Myunyeong? I’ve only been there once myself, but I hear the markets have a lot to offer.”

“It was fine,” he grinned back, “Actually-”

He was cut off when a high pitched scream erupted from the older sister’s throat. She stared shocked at the small iphone and looked at Jonghyun wide eyed, “You really did pick up Mir!”

“I wasn’t lying!” he huffed, “Why would I lie about that?!”

“Aigoo,” she whined, setting the phone down, “I’m so jealous.”

“I knew you would be,” he grinned and pulled his phone out, “So I had him record this.”

He clicked something on his phone and Mir’s rapping voice drifted into the room. He was reciting his lines from ‘Cry’ until the singing stopped completely and he said “Sodam-ah, Saranghaeyo.”

She lost it at that point and was a mess of squealing and giggles.  Goo Ra and Jin Ae laughed at her while she jumped from her seat and nearly tackled her brother to the ground.

“Jonghyun you are the best dongsaeng ever!” She kissed his cheek repeatedly and hugged him even tighter.

Jonghyun looked to Key for help, clearly frightened by his sister’s behavior. Key smirked back and continued eating his kimchi.

“Alright Sodam, let your brother go,” Jin Ae frowned, “Your food is getting cold.”

“Neh Umma,” she reluctantly released him, still smiling widely as she sat back down and picked up her rice, “So how will tonight’s sleeping arrangements go? There are four bedrooms and five of us.”

Jonghyun straightened out his clothes and finished slurping the rest of his noodles before answering, “Key and I can stay at a hotel; we passed one a few miles ago-”

“Nonsense! Why would you waste your money on that when you have a house here?” His mother looked horrified at the statement.

“It’s really no big deal-”

“Kibum, would you like to stay here with us?” Goo Ra asked, ignoring her grandson’s rejection.

Key glanced at Jonghyun before he swallowed and smiled back, “I don’t mind. Whatever Jonghyun wants to do.”

“And whatever Jonghyun wants to do is whatever I want to do,” Sodam smirked, “You two are staying here.”

“Noona!”

“Shut up and deal with it.”

He sulked in his chair and gave Key his puppy dog eyes. The blonde smirked and looked away, continuing his conversation about kidols with his friend’s sister.

--

“You could have just said no,” Jonghyun pouted, throwing his bags in the corner of his room. Key rolled his eyes as he brushed his teeth, watching the elder boy strip off his shirt and slide into a pair of sweats, “Why did you say it was my decision?”

He spat out the foam and rinsed his mouth before answering, “Your car, your gas, your decision.” Jonghyun groaned and flopped back on the bed. Key frowned, “What’s the big deal anyway?”

“This bed is so small, and Sodam will murder me if one of us attempts to sleep on the couch.”

Key scoffed and splashed his face with some water, patting it dry with a towel and leaving the bathroom to get his bag, “Are you afraid of sleeping with a guy?”

“W-what? No, it’s just.. awkward.”

“Relax Jonghyun. It’s not like we haven’t shared beds before.”

“We were kids.”

“We were, and are now, still both boys,” he grabbed an oversized shirt and threw it over his head. The neck part was cut up so the fabric hung loosely over his shoulder and revealed his pale skin. Jonghyun caught himself staring a little longer than necessary and rolled over on his side, leaving some room for Key on the king sized bed.

“I’m turning off the light,” the blonde announced.

Jonghyun hummed with acknowledgment and the room went pitch black. He heard Key stumble across the room and felt a warm hand touch his shoulder. The younger boy mumbled an apology and slid under the blankets besides him.

Key was thankful that it was dark, or Jonghyun might be able to see the growing blush on his face. Even though he had made it out like it wasn’t a big deal… it kinda was. He shifted under the sheets and rolled on his side, facing Jonghyun’s back. The black wife beater he was wearing had risen up a bit and revealed his lower tanned back.

Key couldn’t help but stare at it, one of the most attractive thing’s about Jonghyun was his back (in the boy’s humble opinion).

“Key…” the sound of his name brought him out of his thoughts. He jerked his head up, thinking he got caught, but the elder was still facing the opposite way.

“Yeah?”

“Thanks for coming with me.”

Key sighed in relief, “Of course… I like your family, they’re nice.”

“That’s not what I meant,” Jonghyun rolled back over and stared at the dark silhouette that was Key’s body. He waited for his eyes to adjust before he spoke again. Once he could see the faint glow of his feline eyed friend’s irises, he continued, “Thanks for going with my seemingly stupid, but really ingenious idea. If I had said that I wanted to go with other people, they’d call me stupid and expect me to forget about it the next day.”

“Like that’s possible for Kim Jonghyun.”

Jonghyun smiled, “I’m having fun.”

“I am too.”

Jonghyun rolled on his back and looked up at the ceiling, “Where do you want to go next?”

Key stared at his profile and frowned, “Why?”

“I’ve been wanting to see my family, and I did. So where do you want to go now?”

Key bit his lip, “… The beach.”

“Where?”

“I wanna go to the beach. I wanna visit my friends in Daegu, I wanna go to Busan… I wanna-”

“One at a time princess,” he chuckled. Key punched his arm lightly, but Jonghyun grabbed it before he could pull away and held it up, “So… the beach?”

Key nodded, feeling his cheeks heat up again as the elder played with his fingers, “It’s been a while, and since college started we haven’t had time to go.”

“The beach… that sounds like fun. I could throw you in the water when you’re too chicken to get in yourself.”

“Yah! Since when am I chicken-”

“And then when we get ice cream, I can drop it down your back with the excuse to ‘cool’ you off.”

“What? Don’t you dare-”

“And then we can go to the festivals and little street performances at night… and I can prove my manliness by kicking your in all kinds of vendor games.”

“Didn’t the last time you tried that, I creamed you in the ring toss and gun game?”

“…” he squeezed he’s hand a little harder then intended and got a whimper from Key. He smirked and kissed the ‘oo’ he made lightly, “I’m still stronger then you. I can pin your hand in arm wrestling in ten seconds flat.”

“Muscle headed pabo. Go to sleep already, it’s late.”

“Fine,” Jonghyun sighed and let his hand fall back on the bed, but didn’t let go of Key’s. Key tried to pull his away, but the latter kept a good grip on it. On his third attempt, Jonghyun spoke up, “Stop.”

“Why?”

“Because I’m trying to sleep.”

“Let go of my hand.”

He turned to his side, facing Key again and putting their folded hands between them, “I don’t want to. You’re warm…”

“Thanks…”

“Good Night Key.”

“Night… Jonghyun.”


tumblr_m2720tROrG1qihji8o1_500.gif

sorry for not updating for a long time... school is hectic and i'm getting a little stressed.... it's only the second week for petes sake!

BTW i hope you know the chapter titles have nothing to do with what the chapter is about. It's just whatever's song is stuck in my head