You and I Go Hard

Adventure

 

Sodam stumbled out of bed with her hair in tangles and her eyes still sealed with sleep. She squinted at the clock and read the vibrant red numbers, 6:15.  She smirked and set it down, reaching for the camera that stood beside her lamp.  It was early, too early for a weekend, but Sodam had specifically woken up at that time for one reason.

Blackmail.

Sodam loves her brother, she loves him very much; However, the younger boy seems to have something against listening to her; whether it’d be ignoring her phone calls or refusing to follow her instructions. She just needs to tighten her leash on Jonghyun, and what better way to do that than to take a picture of him spooning his best friend?

Yes, the room arrangements weren’t just ‘spur of the moment’. Sodam knew that the only way her plan would work was if they shared one. In all honesty, there were 5 guest rooms, but one was being used for storage. If they had simply moved the boxes into the closet, then it would be usable, but Sodam couldn’t have that happen.

So here she was now, creeping across the hallway with a pink Polaroid in her hand and a hello kitty slippers on her feet. She was nearing Jonghyun’s door now, and couldn’t help but grin at the thought of what her brother would be willing to do to erase the picture from human existence.

She giggled to herself and grabbed the door handle gently. She heard movement on the other side of the room and could picture many different scenarios that could be happening. What she saw, however, was not what she imagined.

When Sodam opened the door, she was greeted with the sight of her brother face first on the floor, his feet still somewhat on the bed, and Key’s body spread out across the bed. From the looks of it, it seemed the blonde had kicked him off in the middle of the night. Jonghyun, being the heavy sleeper he is, was unaffected by it and continued to dream of whatever little dino boy’s like him dreamed about.

Sodam cursed and stomped her foot in frustration, the noise causing Key to wake up. The boy grunted and opened his eyes slowly, blinking a couple of times before sitting up and yawning. He stretched his arms out and looked towards the door, smirking slightly when he saw the girl.

“Morning Sodam, nice hair,” he chuckled.

“Huh?” the elder girl frowned and turned to look in a mirror hanging on the wall beside her. Her eyes widened when she saw strands of her brown hair sticking out like a lion’s mane and covered in an attempt not to scream.

Key only laughed harder at her reaction and grabbed Jonghyun’s foot, tickling it a little to wake the boy up. Jonghyun’s sleeping figure began to laugh as he pulled his leg free, causing it to fall on the ground painfully with the rest of his body. He groaned and cracked an eye open, glaring up at the boy leaning over the bed to look at him.

“… Since when did you get tall?”

“I’ve always been tall,” he scoffed in response and pointed at Sodam, “It seems your family’s related to cats too.”

Jonghyun frowned and cocked his head to the left, eye’s landing on Sodam and her rather obnoxious hair style. He grinned and pointed, “Yah, look who crawled out of the wardrobe! How long have you been here Azlan?”

The two boys laughed louder while Sodam’s face grew red with anger and embarrassment. She kicked her slipper at Jonghyun, which hit his face, before stomping out of the room. The brother’s laughter soon died down when he realized something, and looked back up at Key.

“Wait… why am I on the floor?”

Key shrugged, “I guess idiot’s sleep on the ground.”

“Well in that case,” he reached his arm up and grabbed Key’s wrist, “You should be here too.”

“Yah! Don’t you-” he was cut off when the stronger man yanked him off the bed. Key fell forwards and ended up landing on top of Jonghyun, who laughed at how surprised his best friend looked, “It’s way too early to be doing this Jonghyun!”

“Doing what?” he grinned, leaning closer to Key’s face, “What’s got you all hot and flustered? Aren’t you use to waking up with hot guy’s in the morning?”

Key blushed, but snapped back, “I’m not you Jonghyun, I actually have dignity.”

“Ouch, that hurt.”

“So does being this close to you, honestly your morning breath is terrible.”

Jonghyun smirked and rolled over so he was hovering over Key. The blond yelped when his back hot the hard wood floor and tried to struggle, but the elder had his arms pinned above his head, “Kim Jonghyun! Where the hell do you get this kind of energy so early in the morning!?”

“What can I say? When I’m up, I’m up! Stop screaming at me, I have half a mind to breath my ’terrible’ morning breath all over your face.”

“’Half a mind?’ I’m surprised you have any brains at all.”

“You shouldn’t have insulted me.”

“Oh your half a mind can actually process my humor? I’d clap but- KIM JONGHYUN CLOSE YOUR MOUTH THIS INSTANT!”

Before the blonde could scream anymore curses, the two heard a loud ‘click’ and the sound of a picture being processed. They looked over and saw Sodam kneeling on the ground with her Polaroid camera aimed at them. She grinned mischievously when a white sheet sprouted from on top of the device.

“Noona… What are you doing?” Jonghyun asked, hesitant to hear the answer.

“You know, this wasn’t really something I was expecting… but it’ll have to do,” she laughed, showing the the partly developed picture.  It was a shot of Jonghyun hovering above Key with his hands pinned down. Key’s head was turned to the side and his eyes were clenched shut while Jonghyun looked like he was about to devour the poor boy.

“W-wha?! Noona no!” Jonghyun shot up, releasing Key as he chased his sister out of the room. The blonde sat up slowly, listening to the elder girl’s shrieks and crashing noises from other rooms in the house. He rolled his eyes and grabbed his phone, checking the time, 6:35… it is way too early for this .

--

“Remind me again exactly why we’re going grocery shopping at 10 in the morning?” Key asked, leaving his gaze from the window momentarily to look at Jonghyun. The elder sighed, tightening his grip on the wheel.

“Because my grandmother’s car is in the shop, because my mother used most of the food in the house to make our meal last night, and because my sister got a very compromising picture of us this morning that basically means I have to do her bidding.”

“Yeah I get that, but why do I have to?”

“You’re my friend and essentially my partner in crime. We’re in this together yeobo.”

Key groaned, “But it’s so far away! Why didn’t your grandma move closer to town?”

“The whole point of her move was to get away from the noisy streets and late night, persisting lights,” Jonghyun flicked his forehead, “Besides, we’re almost there.”

The blonde glared as he rubbed the red spot and restrained himself from punching Jonghyun. Surprisingly, to Jonghyun’s word, they arrived only a few minutes later in the busy streets of Daedong-ro. Key quickly got out of the car, going straight into a store that caught his attention the moment they pulled up.

“Yah! Key!” Jonghyun yelled, stopping him from going any further, “Where do you think you’re going?”

“This shop sells the best noodles I have ever eaten! I’m buying a pack for your Umma.”

Jonghyun rolled his eyes, “How long will that take? We have to buy a lot of stuff today and I don’t want you getting sidetracked like what you’re doing now.”

Key ‘gasped’ and held his hand over his chest in mock offense, “Since when do I ever?!”

Jonghyun raised an eyebrow, “Really?”

“Shut up. This will only take a few minutes, you can wait outside of you want to.”

Jonghyun was going to complain some more but Key had already disappeared inside the store. He huffed and leaned back against the wall, pulling out his iphone to play a game and kill some time. He managed to clear three stages on one particular app until he heard a strange noise coming from a trash can a few feet away from him. At first he ignored it along with everyone else walking on the side walk, but let his curiosity get the best of him when a small whine emanated from the area. He put his phone away and walked over, peeking his head around cautiously incase it was something bad.

Jonghyun’s eyes widened when he saw a small Sharpei puppy with tan color fur; its wrinkles folded over like flaps all across the dog’s body and made it look more like a creased blanket then an animal. The creature was, at the moment, the outside of a glass soda bottle and looked up when it felt a pair of eyes on it. The animal locked eyes with Jonghyun and stared blankly at him for a couple of minutes.

Jonghyun waited a few minutes for someone, anyone to come up and claim the dog. However, when the puppy waddled over and put its tiny paw’s on his leg, that was when he picked him up, “Heeey little guy! You seem pretty friendly, huh?”

The dog didn’t respond, but merely sniffed Jonghyun’s jacket, “Aigoo, who could lose a cutie like you? How long have you been lost I wonder.”

The dog whined and stared up at Jonghyun with sad eyes, hitting the man’s weakness dead on, “Ooooh, you poor thing, don’t worry, I’ll find your family.”

“I leave you alone for five minutes and you manage to somehow get yourself a dog.”

Jonghyun perked up at the voice and turned around to see Key with a plastic bag in his hand. He smiled widely and showed him the new creature he picked up, “Key! Look how cute he is!”

Key smiled and scratched the puppy behind its ear, earning an appreciative from the animal, “Well he’s no Coco, but he is adorable. What’s a pup like him doing out here by himself?”

“I don’t know, I just found him by the trashcan,” he smiled when he saw a collar around the pup’s neck. He twisted it around until he found a tag, “Say’s here that his name is Gaho.”

“Is there a phone number?”

“Yup.”

“Read it to me,” he instructed, pulling out his phone. Jonghyun read the numbers out loud and waited patiently for the younger to call it, distracting himself with Gaho for the mean time. Key continued to scratch the dog behind his ear as he waited for the phone to connect.

“…… Yoboseyo?” a confused-sounding voice answered. Key’s eyes widened and he made a motion to Jonghyun to stop his constant cooing over the animal

“Hello! Sorry to be bothering you so early in the morning sir.”

“…Who is this?”

“You don’t know me, but my friend and I came across a dog that had this number-”

“You have Gaho?!”

Key held the phone away from his ear when the man shouted. Jonghyun heard and looked at his friend concerned, “Yes, we found him in-”

“Where are you now!?”

“Daedong-ro, outside the noodle shop on-”

“I know where that is. I’ll send a car for you. Don’t move.”

“What? A car? Sir-” before Key could respond, the line disconnected. Jonghyun raised an eyebrow and waited for the boy to explain, “If I heard him correctly, he said he was going to send someone to pick us up.”

“What? As in a taxi?”

“Probably, I don’t really know myself but we’re not to move.”

Jonghyun frowned and nodded, handing the dog over to Key so he could put the bag of noodles in his car. Not even two minutes later, a sleek black Hyundai Genesis came to a stop in front of the two. A man wearing a slim fitting suit and black slicked back hair stepped out, eyeing the two boys. Several people had stopped to watch the interaction and started gossiping among themselves about news of potential gangsters or celebrities in their presence.

“So you’re the ones who called about Gaho?” the driver asked, ignoring the unnecessary stares.

Key merely held up the said puppy in his hands, who barked in acknowledgement. The man nodded and walked around the car, opening it and motioning for them to get in. Jonghyun followed Key inside and leaned back as he closed the door.

“Really?” Key began, “He had to ask me about the dog? Could he not see it in my hands?”

“Shh, Key, he’s right outside.”

“But it’s stupid!”

“Well complain about it later.”

Key huffed, but stayed quiet when the driver slid into the front seat and started the car, “I was already in town running errands for the boss so I was able to get here quickly. However, the boss’s country home is outside of town so it will take us a while to get there.”

“Oh, well you could have just taken the dog, there’s no need for us to go,” Key smiled as Gaho crawled over his lap to sit in the space between him and Jonghyun.

The driver smiled back, “My employer is very grateful to you two for finding his dog, he’ll see that you are properly rewarded whether you want to or not. It’s not anything bad, I assure you, but he loves his dog very much.”

Jonghyun chuckled, “Yeah, we can see that.”

 

 


In case anyone forgot, Coco is Key's dog. Sorry for not updating for a while again! What can i say? School bites -_-

At any rate, i hope you enjoy this chapter, and incase you don't know Jonghyun's reference about his sister's hair, it's Narnia: Lion, Witch, Wardrobe yada yada yada
Honestly i don't really like that movie, but the joke fits so meh :P

One more thing, with the places i'm taking about (I.E Myunyeong, DaeDong-ro, Seoul) i'm not speaking from experience, so if you people have ever been there and feel offended with the way i type... then... idk stop reading? :P

 

22/100 precious JongKey moments

Aigooo i will ship you two forever