I Wanna Have The Same Last Dream Again

Adventure

 

"Hey Key..." Jonghyun began, not taking his eyes off the road. Key looked over in his direction and waited for him to continue, "What do you think about cats and dogs?"

He was taken off guard by the question. They had been traveling for three hours already, having gone through for CDs and saving the rest for later, they had been making small talk with news from work and gossip. After running out of things to say, they fell into a comfortable silence and paid attention to the outside scenery; that is, until Jonghyun brought up this unexpected topic.

Key shrugged and slid down in the passenger seat, staring out the window, "Cats are good... They think they're gods and have a 'I-get-what-I-want' personality-"

"Sounds like someone I know," Key mimicked hitting him and smiled slightly when the latter flinched.

"Dogs are loyal... Too loyal. That loyalty makes them somewhat idiotic, but at the same time a great friend."

"It does huh..."

"Why are you asking me?"

Jonghyun shrugged, "We just passed a dog chasing a cat a while back."

He laughed, "That's another thing. Those two will always hate each other."

"What makes you say that?"

"Cause the cat knows how to push a dog’s buttons. And the dog is too stupid to just drop it and wants his revenge. He's easily out smarted by the cat which makes him even madder."

"Typical."

"Because it's true," Key eyed him, "What about you?"

"Me? Well... The cat can be vain and selfish, definitely someone I know," the younger boy elbowed him, "But! The cat is also probably one of the prettiest creatures out there. It's graceful with its movement from walking to jumping, even its tail swings in a way that makes it fun to watch."

"Do you watch cat tail’s often?" Key chuckled.

"Shut up," Jonghyun pouted slightly, "A dog is probably the best animal alive though."

"I was waiting for you to say that."

"They're energetic, loveable, handsome beasts. They always know exactly what to do to cheer their master up and would never betray them. Though they can be naive, they offer you a lot of love... regardless of they get any in return."

Key nodded slowly, "But that love is only for humans huh?"

"What?"

"Since they hate cats so much."

"Now there I disagree, "Jonghyun smiled and glanced at Key, "I don't think they hate them at all."

"So what you're saying is... They treat them like toys?"

"No."

“Then what?”

“They like them.”

Key let out a loud laugh, "Pabo, that's highly unlikely."

"Why?"

He shrugged and motioned his arms, "Dogs always bark at cats and chase them around."

"Isn't that the same with humans? We follow the person we like around and do anything to get their attention. Take... Random road trips for example."

Key laughed again, blushing slightly, "I’m going to pretend you didn’t say the last part. It must be a love-hate relationship then."

"Well if you ask me, cats love the attention and purposely tease the dog to get more."

“You’ve thought about this a lot, haven’t you?”

Jonghyun smiled, “I asked Yooguen the same question a few days ago.”

“What? Why did you visit him without me?! I miss that kid…” Key sulked deeper into the seat, reminiscing the times when Jonghyun’s neighbor would ask them to babysit the boy while they made a quick run to the grocery store or had a ‘date night’ with the Mrs.

“He misses you too. Anyways, we were watching Roo chase one of the strays-”

“You watch your dog torture other animals? First cat tails and now this? What next Jjong?”

Jonghyun leaned over and hit his arm. Key let out a mixture of laughing and a pained groan as he sent a playful glare back, “He told me the dog likes the cat.”

“Oh, so your answer is based off a little kid’s opinion?”

“No. Yooguen’s opinion is what got me thinking and eventually change my mind. But did it change your opinion?”

Key smirked and sat up straight, “Nope, dog’s hate cats and vise versa. End of discussion.”

Jonghyun laughed and pulled into the parking lot of a small diner on the side of the road, “Just watch Key, I’ll change your mind by the end of this trip.”

“Do you even know how long this is gonna last?”

“Nope, but it gives me an ample amount of time to try.”


tumblr_m6j5vc4vye1qbxviwo1_500.gif