On Hold pt 2

What Took You So Long?

    "You said she would be okay." Jessica's voice was hoarse, I hugged her tighter to me. "What's going on?" I asked for her. "Well, we were preparing to take her to the operation when suddenly her heart rate dropped dangerously low. We have reason to believe her heart might be becoming flooded with liquid. We need to get her into operation right now before it gets any lower. She'll be ok if we can get the liquid out in time." 

 

 ~ Taeyeon's P.O.V ~ A Day Later ~

 

   "Sunny, is Tiffany ok?" My best friend bit her lip,  not wanting to answer my question. We were the only two in the room, the other members went to the area Tiffany was having her surgery. Since we got in at about 11 or midnight, the operation went over night as everyone was asleep. Well, as the other girls were asleep. I couldn't sleep after Jessica told me what had happened. Tossing and turning isn't exactly how you could describe my all-night affaire. It was more like a turn, groan, turn back, moan, then I finally just gave up and let my body rest. 

 

   "She's fine, Taeyeon...The doctor said she just needed some rest. She had a random heart attack and they want to make sure this won't happen again soon. Manager Oppa too. He said that we wouldn't have our comeback in November like we planned." I shut my eyes tight and sighed. "I am always ruining things." I accidentally said out loud. Sunny frowned at me and pointed a finger to my face. "No you don't! Kim Taeyeon did you bump your head? Because I think you forgot where you are right now. "Girls Generation or not, I almost killed her!" It hurt me so bad to yell.

 

   She backed off and sat down beside my bed. We all know that's what happened. It always has been me taking her out for night rides. I should've made sure she kept her seatbelt on or something. This all frustrates me so much, my blood pressure is rising per second. I nearly killed the love of my life and Sunny expects me to just let it go? I won’t be able to move on or get over this until I see Tiffany herself. I'm just going to take another nap. I turn over and shut my eyes, not just to sleep but to ease the pain that just surged through my body.

~ Tiffany's P.O.V ~

 

    My eyes opened slowly, it was so hard to do everything now, and looked at the ceiling that was straight across from them. I was pale white, I figured with how cold my hands had been when I moved my fingers together. Ice cold almost. I stopped moving my fingers as I felt a sharp pain erupt through my body, starting at my right arm. Caused by Yuri. "Yuri, get off her, you're hurting her!" I heard a familiar voice shout. I believe it was Yoona's. As I looked to my side I saw the couple tugging on each other, Yoona pulling Yuri back into the hospital couch. "Calm yourself!" She whispered, quite loudly if you ask me. 

 

  "She's awake though!" Yuri hissed back, clearly excited. That's when everyone ran to my bedside. "Fany! Fany, can you hear us?" Sooyoung asked, clutching a trembling Jessica in her arms. I blinked for a few seconds before nodding my head slowly. I tried to say something but all that came out was a hoarse groan. Everyone heard it, I was sure, and they continued to stare at me with saddened expressions. I tried to speak again, to show them I was ok. I had realized it was the oxygen mask keeping me from speaking so I tried lifting my hand to pull it off. It’s proven a task easier said than done. 

 

  The pain in my arm was almost unbearable. I could feel the shock running up my arm from the tip of my fingers. It did not feel good. The pain must’ve been present on my face because Jessica’s hand came out and grabbed my wrist. The hand prevented me from moving considering how weak I was. I looked up at her with pitiful eyes, pleading if you must, but all she gave as a response was a shake of her head. I let my eyes fall back down to my hand, then my lap. We all stayed in silence for almost too long. I wasn’t able to speak so I averted my eyes to Sunny. She had entered in the midst of all the silence.

 

    Seeming to know what I wanted she stepped close to me and put her hand into mine. “She’s in the room a couple doors away from you.” Her voice sounded softer than the rest of the members. “She was hurt on her arm and she has a few scratches here and there but she’s mostly worried about you.” I heard her voice crack mentioning her injuries.

 

    That’s when I noticed it. All the members had this actually. Their eyes were red and swollen. They look exhausted. They usually look tired after rehearsal or a concert but not like this. As if they’d stayed up all night. That only made me fear what Taeyeon looked like. I need to see her. Once again with pleading eyes I looked at Jessica. She hesitated for a moment but decided I guess she knew I wasn’t going to rest until.

 

    Without a word to any of the girls, Jessica turned around grabbed the wheelchair at the side of the room and rolled it to the other side of me. All six other girls had confused looks on their faces. I only paid attention to Jessica’s. She held my arm softly, yet firmly so I could sit up. It took a long time but I was finally able to sit up with my feet dangling on the side of the bed. The other members rushed over and each of them got a part of my body and lifted me carefully into the chair.

 

    This is the realest of pains I’ve felt in my whole life. Sooyoung looked down at me, feeling guilty. She felt the pain that was shock-waving through me. It ignited a fire inside every limb and muscle I had. Taeyeon better be awake when I get there.

 

    They begin to roll me into the hall, all of us never breaking the silence that has become bestowed on us. When we reached the door they stopped. I looked at them and they took a few steps back, letting me have my space. I gulped before reaching up and turning the doorknob. Slowly the door opened and a white room with a hospital bed, couch and chair lay before. It was almost an exact replica of my room except for the colors.

 

    I was too close to being scared to enter her room until Jessica put her hand in mine. I bit my bottom lip and pushed both wheels to push myself inside the room. Slowly and unsurely I neared the side of the bed. I hadn’t known but tears had already streamed rivers down my cheeks. I quickly wiped them off knowing Taeyeon wouldn’t want to see me in this state.

 

   “Taeyeon……?” My voice was weaker than I thought. I’d be surprised if anyone could hear at all. They were my first words since I’d been unconscious. I saw her body shift. With a couple groans of pain she managed to turn herself face towards me.

 

    “Taeyeon…” I started to cry her name. Before I could say her name through my tears anymore I felt her hand caress my cheeks.

 

    “Shhh….” Her hand transferred to my hair, it gently.

 

    “Are you ok?” I asked quietly.

 

    “Don’t worry about me. How are you? I didn’t hurt you too much, did I?” I shook my head quickly. My hand moved to find Taeyeon’s but we were interrupted when a loud voice boomed through the room.

 

    “Taeyeon! Taeyeon are you ok?” I didn’t have to turn around to know who the powerful voice came from. I tried to catch the lump that was forming in my throat.

 

    “Leeteuk? What are you doing here?”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for the short update. I just don't want to reveal too much ;; Don't worry I'll Make sure to update again really soon to make up for it. 

School is finally up anyways so I'll have more freetime. That is if I'm not overclouded with work. I might get a summer job before this year. 

Tiffany_Love Out~