Night Drive

What Took You So Long?

 

    "Taeyeon, I'm so sorry.." She said inbetween breaths. "For what?" I asked closing the door behind me and kneeling beside her. She let another wail escape from her before being able to answer. "I'm...." "What is it, Fany?" I rub her back for encrouagement. "Dating Siwon..."
 
    We sat in silence for a long while. I was in too much shock to say anything. What was I supposed to say? 'I'm so happy for you!' 'Long last!' or 'Why would you do something so stupid?!' 'Why would go out with him?' 'Do you not love me anymore?'. Truthfuly, I was really wondering if she even loved me anymore. After the last few weeks we've been seeing less and less of each other. Epecially since got drunk last night. 
 
  "Hey, you girls' gotta go. We need the room." A sudden voice boomed from the door of the sound booth, scaring me and Tiffany. We both nod and I help Tiffany to stand up so we can leave. Once we leave the room, there still isn't a word exchanged between us. I start wondering, again, if it's going to be this way now. I really miss the old us. When we were hugging, kissing, cuddling, and giggling together. It seems like so long ago. We get back to the famous SM practice room, with the members in the middle of practicing for our comeback. 
 
"Na kkamjjak! menboongiya!
 Geu sarameun nae min nachi gunggeumhadae. 
Wanjeon mame deureo mot igin cheok boyeojwodo gwaenchanheulkka?" 
 
   Yoona was in the middle of her rap as we walked in. Me and Tiffany seperated from each other, feeling even more awkward the closer we are to each other. The whole rest of the rehearsal was pure torture. Everytime me and Tiffany moved close to each other, we tensed up. I'm sure the members noticed because we had to start over a couple times because of it. "What is up with you two?" Jessica was getting annoyed with having to do the same parts over again. 
 
   Even more awkward was the sound checks. The rest of the members got to go home, me and Tiffany have to record our duet, Lost in Love. I listened to Tiffany sing her part, and was caught in a trance. I was so distracted I almost missed my part. "Taeyeon, are you okay?" The sound manager said into the mic, noticing that I was out of it. "I'm okay! I...I was just too distracted trying to...study the song..." I lied straight through my teeth. "Okay, Taeyeon, back from the top."
 
"Urin jigeum jeongmallo heeojin geolkka.
 Anim yaksokhandaero jamsi meorojin geolkka. 
Naneum i jeongdomyeon chungbunhi deun geot geteunde. 
Wae amureon sosigi eomneun goelkka."
" Neoreul saranghae, kkeutdo eomneun gidarimirado gwaenchanha. 
Niga nareul dasi chajeul ttaemyeon eonjena.
 Neoreul hyanghae useo jul su inneunde. Oh~" 
 
   "Alright, you girls' are dissmissed for today. Enjoy the rest of your day." We give a quick nod and I take off my headset. I turned around and Tiffany was still standing in her same position. I walk over and take off her headphones for her, then putting one of my arms around her shoulder, slowly walking her out of the small box. I would've thought she was asleep if she hadn't been walking herself. 
 
   When we got to the van, I got her inside the seat and was about to buckle her seatbelt when her hand stopped me. I turned to look at her, her soft brown eyes looking back up at me. "I can do it myself, Tae..." I nodded, moving away from her hesiantly. I took my seat in the front of the van as we drove home. I rolled the window down a bit to let the cool breeze of the afternoon air.
 
  I hadn't realized I fell asleep until the door was being opened and my arm fell. I look around sleepily to see who woke me up so inconvinently. "Tae, get up we're here." I hear the soft voice again, waking me up fully. I nod and unbuckle my seat belt and stepping out of the car and going into the dorm building. Walking, still half-sleep, up the stairs with Tiffany following right behind me. I could hear the chatter of our members from all the way down the hall. 
 
  I opened the door for Tiffany walking to find Jessica running away from Sooyoung who's chasing her with a cuccumber. Yuri trying to teach Yoona her little Kkab dance. Sunny and Hyoyeon were cuddled together watching their tapping of Invincible Youth from a while ago. Tiffany walked straight into her room, seemingly distracted. I walked to my room too, not really knowing what else to do.
 
   After a few minutes the door opened while I was sitting back agaisnt my headboard, playing games on my phone. "What's going on?" I hear Sunny ask, closing the door behind her and sitting on the edge of my bed. "What do you mean?" "I mean the way you sulked in here was noticable from 50 miles away. Now tell me what's up."
 
  "Nothing's up, Sun. I'm fine." 
 
  "Don't lie to me, Kim Taeyeon."
 
  "I'm not lying. I told you I was fine." I shut her down, and continue playing on my phone. A loud sigh is heared and I start getting a little antsy.
 
  "Fine. If you're going to just ignore me like that then-" Before she finishes she snatches my phone out of my hand and runs out of the room with it. "Yah! Lee Soonkyu!!" I shout and crawl off the bed before jumping off and running after her. "Come and get it, Taengo~" She teases, running down the hall and turning into Tiffany's room. I stop at the door, contemplating whether to go or not go in. Tiffany was looking over at me, with Sunny standing beside her waving the phone in her hands. I looked between the two girls' deciding it would be better if I would reside back to my room. 
 
---------------------------------------------
 
  I wake up later that night and look at the clock. Its almsot midnight. I sigh and turn on my back trying to fall back asleep, but its impossible. I groan and sit up in my bed, looking over to see Sunny fast asleep in her own bed. I get out of the bed and pick my car keys up from off my nightstand. I put on my jacket only to realize I didn't even change into my PJ's before I fell asleep. I shrug it off and and walk out of my room. 
 
   As I enter the near the living room area, I see the TV's on. "Why're you up so late?" I ask whichever one of our members it is that was there. A head turns from the couch and I see Tiffany, snacking on strawberries. "TaeTae? Why are you up?" I freeze for a second, confusing the younger girl on the couch. "Taeng?" I blinked a couple times, turning towards her. "Yeah...Just going out for a drive...I woke up and can't sleep anymore. " She nodded a little still watching me as I made my way towards the door to put my shoes on. I gave her a small smile before leaving out the door. 
 
  I bit my lip after I closed the door behind me. I stood for a few minutes, fighting with myself in my head. I finally decided to open the door and go back inside. "Hey, Tiffany." I say whlie Tiffany is walking towards the kitchen with her now empty bowl. "Oh, Tae? Did you forget something?" She asked continuing her path to the fruit basket on the counter. "Yeah...You.." First she looked at me with confusion, then with a pleased expression. "You want me to come with you?" I noded subtly, hoping she would hurry so I don't have to feel embarrased. 
 
   "Okay! Give me a second!" She charged out of the room before I even got fully inside the room again. I leaned against the door, waiting for her to return. It was only 5 minutes until she came back, but it felt like forever. She finally returned in a skinny jeans and top, and jean jacket. I tried not to drool over her stunning yet casual outift. "T-Tiffany..We're going for a drive why are you so dressed up?" "No reason." She shrugged and skipped over to me and opened the door when I stepped to the side. "What are you waiting for? Come on~" She waved me over and  I was brought out of my daze. 
 
-------------------------------------------------------------
 
  "Woohoo!" Tiffany shouted, standing up through the moon-roof of my car. "Tiffany sit down before you fall." I say, tugging at her shirt to get her attention. She laughs and sits back down looking over at me. "I'm sorry, Its just been soooo long since we've gone on a night ride. And the air has never felt so nice!" She squeals before sticking her head out of the window and shouting. "Sleep well, Seoul!!" "Fany, get back in here! Gosh you're acting like such a kid." She gives her signature giggle and retreats back into the car. 
 
   "Okay, okay, I'll behave, TaeTae~ If, you tell me why you haven't been talking with me as much anymore." I looked over at her for a second, then looking back at the road. "Because you've been so bipolar lately. Its hard to keep up." "It wasn't my idea...Just to let you know." I sighed thoroughly, then acted like I didn't know what she's talking about. I shrugged and continued staring down the dark road. "It was because of Ryeowook. It'll just be for a little while. I'll break up with him soon so that he won't get the wrong idea." 
 
   I turned right, going towards the highway. There were barely any cars or trucks on the road so navigation was pretty easy. "Tae, please talk to me.." Her voice was soft, cracking a bit. I pressed on the breaks to let a car behind me pass. "I have to concentrate on the road, Fany." She nodded and rolled the window down, letting the cool night are brush against her flawless milky skin. I looked over at her after check for cars. Rested her head on her hand, watching out the open window space. Staring into the blackness of the night, aside from the car headlights infront of us. 
 
   My eyes remained unmoved from her, she seemed to be releasing a impossible to break from glow. Her expression slowly changed from sad to relaxed, but that changed too almost too soon. Next thing I know she screaming at me to watch the road. "Taeyeon, a truck!" She screeched reaching over to me, easily since she still didn't put her seatbelt back on. My spun back to the road in time to see a truck sliding sideways infront of our car. I frantically moved the wheel of our car, spinning it all the way to the right in hopes of getting as far away from the 18-wheeler as I can. 
 
   Tiffany's head it the side of the car as we spun, and she held her head, shutting her eyes in pain. We make it past the truck so far as to have our car get hit at the back. The force was strong enough to push our car to the trees on side of us. We would've stopped if there hadn't been a hill behind the bunch of trees.  Our car flipped down the hill, as I gripped tightly onto my seatbelt, looking over to see if Tiffany was okay. She was holding onto the sides of the car trying her hardest not fly out of her seat. 
 
   Our car landed down into another road harshly, flying Tiffany out of her seat since she wasn't buckled down. I quickly grabbed onto her hand as tight as I could, but with the last final flip she was out of the car, and my head was smashed against the glass from my window. 
----------------------------------------------------
    Sirens wailed in the distance, my eyes slowly opening. Searching for Tiffany subconsciously, finding myself surrounded by tons of people. I looked to my right and was greeted with a horrifying sight of her unconcious, a pool of blood around her most it coming from her head. I didn't have to time to register it in my mind before I out again. 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Hey Hey Hey~~ Another update for my lovable readers~ <3 Thank you for follwing the story this far, even if you don't read my little notes to you at the end. ( I dont ususally read them myself >_>  <_< ) 
 
So a funny turn of events, found a friend from almost a year ago, turns out she reads this story so I want to give a shout out to her. I know how you are so I wont say your name. So will call you the nickname we talked about last night. lol
 
Buuuut~ I am so astonished that even you read my story, so thanks to you, Krys~~ I told you this will be the mother of all cliff hangers I usually leave for you guys. I was not joking. When have I ever lied to you? lol Enjoy this little moment of going crazy, Krys. The next chapters will be even more intense~ Muahahaha
 
Kisses for all of you~ <333 Mua Mua Mua~ 
 
Tiffany_Love ~ Out