Microchip

Happily Ever After?

Sulli bit her lip and eyed Ha Yoong weirdly.

"I-I don't understand, though. How can you help with a problem like this?" she asked.

Ha Yoong chuckled. "It's not what I can't do, it's what I can."

Sulli tilted her head. "Wait... wha-?"

"Never mind, just come with me," Ha Yoong sighed and pinched the bridge of her nose before walking over to a small cupboard. She fished out a small microchip and a device that could be recognized as a walkie-talkie of some sort. She handed the small machined over to Sulli who responded by furrowing her eyebrows.

"What will this d-?" Sulli was cut off by Ha Yoong's finger being pressed up to her lips.

"Don't say anything until I'm finished," she hushed. Sulli nodded in response.

"Do you know what this is?" she held up the tiny microchip, no larger than a grain of rice.

Sulli looked up at her. "It's a-"

"I said no talking!" Ha Yoong barked, making Sulli flinch. Even Shindong and Siwon had a small shock from the outburst. Sulli looked at her apologetically.

"It's a microchip," she answered her own question.

Geez, this lady... who tells somebody not to talk, asks her about something, then answers her own question after totally lashing out on the person?! Sulli mentally rolled her eyes.

"But. It isn't any ordinary microchip. This is one that can read minds," she smirked. Sulli raised her eyebrow. Crazy lady.. I should get outta here...

"It sounds crazy, I know. But it really works. The device you're holding is something to monitor one's thoughts. If you put this," Ha Yoong held up the chip, "on the boy you like, you'll be able to see if he likes you back. If not, then you can make sure he does," she finished. Sulli had to admit, it was pretty tempting. But considering that she got a microchip that can read minds from a lady she just met in a basement... she would laugh at herself.

"We're just going to leave you two to your business... I'm sure Sulli can handle things from here," Siwon slightly bowed at the older lady along with Shindong who quietly walked up the stairs. Sulli dropped her head, mentally begging them to stay. She did not want to be stuck with Ha Yoong. Ha Yoong gave her a gesture, telling her she was allowed to speak as she wished.

"How can I be sure this works?" she challenged.

Ha Yoong chuckled. "Tell you what. I'll put it on myself." Sulli watched attentively as Ha Yoong pulled back her short hair and carefully placed the small accessory on the back of her ear.

Sulli immediately flicked the 'on' switch on her control pad and stared at it, wide eyed as words began to flash upon it. 

'Believe me now?' the three bolded words came and went quickly on the device. Sulli quickly looked at Ha Yoong who was staring straight back at her. Sulli nodded. Ha Yoong smiled.

'Good.'

Ha Yoong took the chip off.

"What's the catch?" Sulli suddenly questioned. Ha Yoong raised her eyebrow, her eyes asking for more detail. "You know... what do you want out of it?" she further explained.

She smiled. "Oh nothing at all. I just want to help somebody in need. All you have to do is come back each day. Every day. Just to see where everything has gone from there. Is that okay?"

Sulli beamed in reply. 

"Try and secretly get it on him. When you're passing by eacch other, maybe even when he's sleeping," Ha Yoong scoffed. "But I bet you wouldn't be crazy enough to sneak into his house."

Sulli chuckled hesitantly and nodded, deciding to leave out the fact she's been practically living with him for the past couple of days. 

As Sulli was leaving, Ha Yoong reminded. "Come every day!" Sulli gave her the thumbs up sign and bowed in thanks.

"I thought we were going to do it today..." Shindong folded his arms as the two men entered the small doorway.

Ha Yoong held up her hand. "Patience. We're gaining trust right now."

"But I don't get it... how does the chip work? I mean, there's no-" Siwon was cut off when both Ha Yoong and Shindong slapped him on the back of the head.

"Pabo. It doesn't work," Shindong corrected him.

***

"K-Kai? Are you ready?" Sulli asked, smoothening out her short, purple dress. She also had on a purple flower behind her ear as her hair was twisted into a tight bun. "Your parents are waiting, the reservations are in-" he cut her off.

"Yeah yeah," he responded, opening his closed door. He widened his eyes at Sulli, unknowingly making weird faces in the process.

"I-Is there anything wrong with my dress?" she worried.

"Oh! Nononono, sorry. You look... fine," he panicked.

"Thanks..." she walked in front of him.

Kai exhaled deeply and fanned himself with his hand. What the heck?! FINE??? I said she looks just FINE??? What is wrong with me, she's hot beautiful!

How am I supposed to get this chip onto him?! Sulli thought nervously, playing with the small device in her dress pocket. 

"Umma!" Kai suddenly called as everyone was getting into their car.

"Neh, Jongin-ah?"

"You said that your friends and their kids were coming, right?" he buckled his seatbelt. She nodded. "Are they our age?"

She thought for a while. "Hmmm... I think a couple are. Sehun's going to be there, also."

Kai fist pumped. "I felt like I haven't seen him in forever!"

Sulli raised her eyebrow. 

"Oh, Sehun's my best friend," he explained. Sulli's mouth formed an 'o' as she nodded and looked out the car window, waiting for their destination to come in sight.

====================================================================

Ayo whasuuuuuuupp?! Sorry for not updating D: In thanks for still supporting my story, I WAS going to make it a really long chapter, but then when I looked back, it was REEEEALLLLLY long, so I'll probably update that part tomorrow since I'm still not done with it yet. ;) Hmm... that's about it! Please comment and subscribe~! xD

-dino-nerd525