Found

Happily Ever After?

Shindong froze in his spot and Sulli blinked, attempting to wake herself from this ongoing nightmare. Unfortunately for her, it seemed like it would never end as she saw Shindong get thrown to the ground and seeing him try to back his way into a corner. It gave shivers along Sulli's arm to see a sight like that, even just talking about it would give her unwanted goose bumps.

"What. Were. You. Doing?!" Ha Yoong stomped on the floor towards him, trying to get him to cower away again which was exactly what happened.

"M-Madame, I was just-"

"Just what?!" she furrowed her eyebrows. "What could you have possibly been trying to do?" she put her hands on her hips and bent forward, awaiting his longed for reply.

All Sulli could do was sit and watch as her friend was getting harassed by a hag. She could barely even speak up for him without a likely chance of getting hurt later on. Although Ha Yoong was her great aunt, she still didn't know what she was capable of, and that's what scared her the most. Suddenly Siwon came into the scene and helped his best friend up, making absolute sure not to pull any of the wrong strings with Ha Yoong.

"N-Now Madame, I'm sure Shindong here didn't mean to, I mean," he draped his left arm over him, "he barely got any sleep last night. He's hallucinating!" Shindong shot Siwon a confused glance, leading to the other jabbing his stomach with his elbow. Finally getting the little act they were playing, Shindong surprisingly didn't give up his.

"N-No!" he blurted out and ran to Sulli's side. "With all due respect, this is too much!" he faced his friend, "Siwon, if you can't see or feel this, too, you're blind! I know what you're getting at, Ha Yoong, but don't you think kidnapping a child is just too obsessive?!" he yelled, surprising everyone in the room. Sulli watched him with wide eyes, and Siwon joined him in the fight.

"Yah Siwon. Don't walk away from me. Leave that traitor! Get back to work or you'll be in serious trouble! I'm serious, I'm not-"

"We aren't your monkeys that you can just order around to do things," Siwon started. "I quit." Shindong nodded in agreement.

Ha Yoong's face reddened, and although the expression on her face was completely calm and unreadable, her actions said otherwise. She took one step closer to them, cracking her neck and flexing her knuckles. Sulli watched in awe. Never in her life had she ever think of an elderly lady to be scary, but considering there was one right in front of her, she stood corrected. Ha Yoong was more than just a creppy old lady. She was a witch in Sulli's eyes. A witch that would never back down from a fight until she had the last laugh.

"Well then," Ha Yoong said through clenched teeth, "go ahead. Leave. If I ever hear one thing from the police, you're going down with me. I didn't come up with this all by myself, you know. You both are just as much to blame," she smirked at their shocked faces. Knowing that they definitely wouldn't say a word, she sent them off.

***

"Hey umma I'm gonna go out again today!" Kai shouted, shuffling into his sneakers. But before he could go any further, his mother pulled him by the back of his shirt.

"Oh no you don't. You're grounded, remember? Now I don't know where you go all day, but last night you had me worried sick! Psh, coming home at 11:30... jinjja..." she shook her head and gave him a serious look. "You are staying home today, understand?"

"But-"

"No buts! Understand?"

"I... I understand. I'm sorry, umma."

"Oh and Jongin?" she called before Kai was to go back to his room.

"Yes?"

"Have you seen Sulli lately? She didn't come home yesterday and it makes me worried, too..." his mother tapped her chin.

"O-Oh... Sulli? She's um..." Kai did not want to worry her more than she probably is already, and after many arguments with himself, he decided that the truth was the best... not. "She's sleeping over at Ji Eul's house. She might again tonight."

She nodded before sending Kai away.

Kai sulked to his room, mentally slapping himself from his previous mistake. "Why did I have to come back so late?!" he muttered under his breath, scolding himself. "Pabo pabo pabo..." he repeatedly insulted himself and lay face first into his pillow.

Turning over slightly, he hugged his stuffed panda and rested his chin on its head. "Do you think Sulli will be okay for one day? She... She will be... right?" he took the panda by its sides and made it face him. "No matter what, I'll find her. When I do, what do you think she'll think of me? A hero?" Kai sighed, imagining all of the possibilities.

"I have to find her... like, now. What do you think I should do?" he stared at the bears lifeless, cold brown eyes and snorted to himself. "Look at me... talking to a stuffed toy. Pathetic." Kai threw the plush across the room and couldn't care less about it, until he heard something start to play.

As he turned his head to see what the bear could have hit, the song, Angel, began to play soft and sweetly from his radio.

Kai was taken aback as memories started to flood within his brain. The time when he first met Sulli, to when he met her again in the market. When he asked her to stay at his house, and all of the others, including their last nice time together when they danced swiftly to the melody of the song that was currently playing.

That was when Kai snapped.

He couldn't help but thing all of those nice (and bad) memories could all drain away because of one evil witch. Or hag. Or whatever this crazy person was. He couldn't let that happen. He wouldn't let that happen.

Not thinking for another minute, Kai slammed his fist on the off button on his radio and scrambled up to his door before locking it, wiggling the knob to test the security of it. Kai then went to his window and opined it a crack. He wouldn't care if he were to be grounded forever, he just needed Sulli back by his side.

He hopped out of the small frame and shut it closed behind him, making sure not to make so much noise. Skillfully, Kai slid down the roof and landed perfectly, sprinting away to go and find Song Hee and Jonghyun.

***

Kai hit and beat the doorbell several times, muttering, "Open open open open open....."

Finally after around the 30th time in ringing, a tired Jonghyun slowly opened the door a crack, then all the way once he knew who it was. "Sheesh, boy, keep it down! We were sleeping!" he yelled, rubbing his face with his hands.

"It's noon, though..." Kai argued back as politely as he could.

"But we stayed up all night looking for Jin Ri which we couldn't."

"I thought you said you were going home after I left!"

"We lied."

"Why? I could have helped you!" Kai defended himself.

"Well your mother probably wasn't very happy to find you back at almost midnight! I bet she scolded you, am I right?"

"...Yes... I'm grounded."

"I thought so. Then what are you doing out here?"

"I ran away."

Jonghyun scrunched up his forehead and furrowed his eyebrows. "What is with all of the running away in my life? Funny thing is, I never did it once!"

Kai, utterly confused, shook his head. "That isn't the point! Hurry and get ready so we can look for her again!"

"You sure are in way over your head, boy."

"I know. And I don't care! So pali!"

The older just folded his arms and slightly smiled to himself. My little girl sure did find one heck of a boy for her...

***

It was almost 3 when the trio started to finally pick up a trail as to where Sulli could have been. They noticed that all of the missing signs they had put up were all ripped apart and thrown away down one trail, by who they think would have to be Ha Yoong. It was only when they all stopped, did Kai realize that they would have to split up then.

There were two roads in front of them. Both had no missing signs.

"Jongin and I will go down this one. Jonghyun, you can go down that one," Song Hee decided, taking hold of Kai's arm. To her surprise, he yanked it away, gently as possible.

"Aniyo, you can go together. I'll be all right. If anything happens, you know which way to go," he nodded. He could see some worry in the others' eyes, but he shook his head and gave them a thumbs up before running down his designated street until he was out of earshot of the couple.

"This is really going to be a long day," he groaned, rubbing the nape of his neck as the sunlight beat on his back like a heavy weight. "Why must the sun be my enemy in this situation?!"

Just as he thought it couldn't have gotten any worse, a bright light shone in his eyes, temporarily blinding him. Kai could see the familiar outline of the object every time he blinked as he rubbed his eyes and groaned. He then blinked many times. When he was finally able to see okay again, he also was able to see the silhouette of the item that made him see white spots. A... chain???

Curious, Kai began to shuffle towards the direction he had seen it until it was finally in sight. When it was, the results couldn't have been more shocking, yet relieving.

It was a necklace.

But not just any other old neckalce.

It was the necklace.

The one with the golden star at the end that he had given to Sulli as a gift.

He put it in the palm of his hand and squeezed it tight, extra determined now. It was in front of an old-looking house with dented windows, chipped paint, and a door that looked like it was going to fall any second. Suddenly, his thought seemed to be read as the door literally fell open and two scared looking men ran out of it. Kai squinted at them, almost getting a familiar flashback.

That's when it hit him.

It was the two men Sulli happened to be talking to at the carnival. Kai knew they were up to no good, he just didn't know what, but now he was more than sure he knew now.

"Yah!" he shouted at them before they were to run away.

"Yah? We're older than you, kiddo, you need to learn to respect your elders," the bigger one snickered.

Ignoring the irritating yet true comment, Kai continued. "Where's Sulli?"

Their eyes rounded. Bingo. "And don't pretend you don't know what I'm talking about because I'm pretty sure you do."

They looked nervously at each other. The other smiled excitedly and ran over to Kai. "She's in there," he pointed at the house. The bigger one smacked his arm and mouthed the words, "Are you insane?"

"We aren't telling the police... we are telling.... what's your name?" he directed at Kai.

"Jongin."

"We are telling Jongin here. See? Feels better to let that off your chest, isn't it, Shindong?" Shindong nodded, though he still looked a bit iffy on the decision they had just made.

"Go get her," Shindong encouraged after a while, and with that, the two were off. Kai fist pumped and jumped up and down, but his smile slowly faded as he reached his next obstacle.

How to get in.

"Um, how should I-" Kai started, but stopped himself mid-sentence when he realized he was all alone and the others had left his side, not giving him any more information. Still determined, though, he would have to do it all by himself. He thought of getting Song Hee and Jonghyun, but he was afraid that if he waited any longer there was no getting Sulli back. The parents would just have to wait for him to get her himself.

What Kai didn't get, though, was that this house stuck out like a sore thumb. All of the other houses around it were toally modern, if not, brand new. The police were sent out, they had bodyguards, and they were still in Seoul. Either the police department completely in this city, or this lady just had her ways of not getting anyone in her house. Probably some high-tech security system or something, although by the looks of it, this lady didn't get out a lot. He thought of many routes possible to get inside, but none of them would possibly have him out home free. He could have just gone through the broken door, and he would have, too, if it wasn't for someone on the inside closing it shut, probably in the middle of fixing it as well. The windows were tinted, and the back door was totally sturdy and stable unlike its twin.

Kai paced back and forth in front of the house. It was useless to Kai. Might as well just open the door and say, "Hey you have the girl I love in your house and I really need her back!" His brain tried to produce a smarter plan, until footsteps behind him could be heard.

================================================

Yo yo yo~~ Soooooooo sorry for not updating in like, FOREVER, (i know, it upsets me, too) but school has been a to me and im sure im not the only one that feels this way, but if i am, then your school must be awesome. i really want to thank all of you subbers for not abandoning me yet and for sticking by me even though it seemed like i wouldn't update. i have decided i want to update all of my stories once every week, if not, more btu it'll be tough so thanks again and please be patient! <3 ahhh this story should be wrapping up soon T^T...

-dino-nerd525