Retrieving and returning

Happily Ever After?

"Alright, now your turn."

It has been around 3 hours since the trio came to the mall. More than half of that time, Sulli and Kai waited for Ji Eul to try on her clothes. Only around 20% of the clothes she tried on, she actually considered buying. To pass time, the "cousins" decided to play 20 questions with each other. So far, the two had figured out each other's fears, pet peeves, and favorites.

Kai thought for a moment. "You know when we first met and you said that you ran away... have you ever told me why?"

Sulli shook her head. "Ani, I didn't."

"Then why did you?" he asked, hoping he didn't tug any sensitive strings there.

"My parents never let me out of the house and I was really starting to get tired of it," she rested her elbows on her legs and bent over, trying to shake the idea of her parents off her mind. "I mean, it's not a crime... right? It's more of a vacation to me. I've only been gone for a week and a half."

"When do you plan on going back?" The thought of Sulli leaving really got to him. He wasn't exactly sure why, he just felt like he would get lonely without her at his house anymore when he came back from dance practice, or from hanging out with his friends. To be honest, Kai didn't want her to leave at all.

"Yah, you already had your turn, it's mine, now," Sulli argued.

"I only have two more turns left, anyway, can't I just ask them now?" Kai gave her his best puppy-dog face. Even though he wasn't good at it, it was still quite affective on her. She rolled her eyes before agreeing. "Now answer the one I just asked."

Sulli scratched the back of her head. "I dunno... I'd say two weeks and a half would be the maximum. I kind of miss my old house, maybe even in a couple of days."

Kai unknowingly clenched his fist. Even though she still lived in Seoul, she was sure her parents would put her back on lockdown. Especially since her running away didn't help, either.

"Okay, my last question. Why don't your parents let you out?" He was the most curious on that question.

"I honestly don't know... It was something lie when I was a baby, this weird old lady tried to kidnap me in my own home. They said they can't imagine what's outside." Kai nodded.

"Kind of makes sense... Oh! Before I forget..." Kai rummaged through his jeans pocket and fished out a long-chained pendant. "While you were in the bathroom, I got this for you."

Flashback

"Oi, Sulli! Hurry back, arasso?" Ji Eul shouted after the running girl. Sulli gave a slight nod and a thumbs up before dashing away to find the nearest bathroom.

Right after Sulli was gone, Ji Eul turned to Kai and flashed a toothy grin. She held onto his arm and began walking. "So Kai oppa, how's dance practice been?" Kai shrugged.

"Okay I guess," he replied carefully. As Ji Eul continued blabbing on, Kai spotted a small jewelry store across from them. Unknowingly, he tore away from the clingy girl's hold and sped-walked over to it. In the display case, there was a very pretty, star necklace that really grasped his attention.

"Neh ahjussi, how much is this?"

"What are you getting that for?" Ji Eul questioned, secretly hoping it was for her.

"My mom."

End of Flashback

Sulli wore the necklace and played with the star with the tips of her fingers. "I love it. Thanks so much, I'll wear it every day!" she exclaimed and glomped the life out of him. Kai turned a bright shade of pink before shaking his head and shrugging.

"It was nothing. Now your turn."

***

Sulli awkwardly poked Kai's cheek, checking to make sure if he was still asleep or not so she could retrieve the small chip that was right in front of her face. Will it hurt if I rip it off of him?

She carefully pinched the tiny thing and pulled gently, making him stir in his sleep and turn to the other side, the side that didn't have the chip on it. It was probably buried deep in his pillow, now. Darn... Why why why???

Sulli grabbed his arm slightly and tugged on it. He turned to face the ceiling. Unfortunately, the chip was on the other side of the bed which had a wall right next to it, resulting in Sulli having to reach over him. As she made her way across him, she made very sure that she wasn't touching him in any way. I swear if he wakes up now, I have the worst luck eve-

Her train of thought was cut off when instead of waking up, Kai wrapped his arms around Sulli's torso and pulled her closer. Sulli flailed her arms in the air and mentally cursed several times.

Kai mumbled incoherent words and tightened his grasp. Sulli, frozen where she was, could feel his hot breath tickling her neck, sending uncomfortable shivers down her spine. She tried ripping away from his arms, only to fail miserably. Although he was asleep, he was still pretty strong. After what seemed like hours of attempts, she loosened her stiff body a bit, admitting defeat. All she could do was sigh and try and get into a comfortable position for her to sleep in.

***

"AHHHHHHHH!!!"

"AHHHHHHHH!!!"

"WHA-WHAT THE... OUT! OUT OF MY ROOM!"

"K-KAI! I CAN EXPLAIN, BEFORE YOU-"

"NO! OUT! NOW."

"Wait, there's something on your ear..."

Rip

"OUCH! WHAT THE- GET OUT!!!"

And with that, Sulli was literally thrown out of Kai's room.

She banged on his door, trying to get her explanation to him when in reality, she had no explanation that wasn't creepier than what just happened. "Yah! Kim Jongin! You..." she slapped the door one last time. She blew a raspberry in the air and headed to the bathroom across Kai's room to freshen up after throwing the little chip she had literally ripped off of Kai into a bag along with the other device.

As she splashed the cool, refreshing water on her face, she wondered, He doesn't hate me, right?! Suddenly, a small click came from Kai's room, making her snap her head towards it.

"Hey Sulli, I-" he started before even opening the door fully. Before he could do anything else, though, Sulli dashed out of the bathroom, grabbed the small plastic bag which held the two items, and sprinted out the door, not even caring that she was still in her pajamas.

Now to get rid of this cursed thing.

***

Sulli banged multiple times on Ha Yoong's door. She didn't care if they were still sleeping, she didn't care if they were out, she just kept on knocking non-stop.

"COMING, I'M COMING! AISH!" Ha Yoong's annoyed tone of voice cam from the other side. The door slowly opened, enough for the old lady to pop her head out. She widened her eyes at the visitor and held up a finger, telling her to wait a bit.

Ha Yoong closed the door and put her back up to it. She clenched a fist and nodded to herself, darting away to find Shindong and Siwon.

Once they got everything into place, she peeled the door back open, only to find Sulli looking around nervously.

"Yes?"

Sulli held up the bag. "Oh! This..." she reached into it and pulled out the microchip given to her, not even a week ago. Dropping it carelessly back into the bag, she bowed. "I'm sorry. I don't think I'll be needing this anymore."

Ha Yoong chuckled and waved her hand in the air. "Not a problem, no problem at all. Why don't you come in?" she exposed the inside of her house al the way, welcoming Sulli in.

She led her back into the basement, the same one where she was given everything in the first place. What she was doing there again? Sulli's best guess was to help her put it back. For some reason, the small room seemed a lot... darker, like there was a strange, evil aura around. Honestly, Sulli just wanted to get out of there as fast as she could.

"I'll take that," Ha Yoong grabbed the bag out of her hands and placed it on the small table before them. Out of nowhere, she harshly scooped it up in her hands and chucked it as hard as she could against the wall, shattering everything to pieces. Sulli looked at the older in astonishment. "It's useless now, anyway," she explained.

Still wondering why she was even there, Sulli cleared . She thought of asking directly would be kind of rude, so she took on a more subtle approach. "Did you need my help with anything?"

Ha Yoong looked up in thought. "In fact, I think there is. Siwon and Shindong are out right now."

Sulli nodded. "Alright, then I'd be happy to help!"

***

Kai checked around the house a third time for Sulli, still confused about where the jumpy girl got to. He felt kind of bad for literally throwing her out of his room and yelling at her like that. He thought it was probably his fault, anyway. Though, he still couldn't piece together why she was in his room in the first place. Especially when he was sleeping.

His mother looked up from the breakfast she was cooking and noticed her son's troubled expression. "Need any help with anything?" Kai slumped his shoulders a bit.

"Have you seen Sulli anywhere?" he rubbed the back of his neck anxiously. If she did go out, hopefully she didn't go far. Kai knew how clueless she was when it came to being street smarts. Knowing that she was out there somewhere alone, worried him a lot.

"Hmmm, I think she said she was going out for a little bit. I'm sure she'll be back in time for breakfast, though," she responded. Kai nodded, stuffed his hands back in his sweatshirt pockets and headed back to his room.

===================================================

Heyo~ so the drama will be happening soon, either next chapter or the one after. Probably near the end of the next one and all in the ones after it. yeah, the story itself will be short, but as I said in the prequel and the beginning of this story, I'm not planning t to be very long, like 25 chapters max. so... don't forget to comment and subscribe!

-dino-nerd525