Hero

Happily Ever After?

After he had removed his hand from her face, she whisper-shouted and furrowed her eyebrows, "Kai?! Is that you?"

He nodded and chuckled, dusting himself off in the process as he moved down to free one of her tied up limbs, cursing at how tight the knots were. "Miss me?"

Sulli rolled her eyes. This was not what she was expecting. Usually after the guy and the girl reunited, there was hugging and whispering soothing things to each other and all of that lovey dovey stuff, but even in all of this, Kai still was being cocky and annoying. "How did you get in here?"

"Long story short, I'm supposed to be using this lady's bathroom from my stomach ache," he snickered and covered his mouth to block out the noise erupting from him.

"And she let you?"

"No, not exactly. Your aunt did. You ask too many questions," he responded and let her left ankle free. She sighed in relief and rolled it around, finally feeling the blood circulate and flow down to her currently dormant leg.

"My aunt? You mean Hyun Ae?"

"Yeah, she's here right now. No more questions," he ordered, but apparently his commands were irrelevant with everything going on in Sulli's mind. It was like his words were being said, then pushed off of her mind as if there was to much to handle in there already.

"Then why did you-?"

"Oh just hush," he said right as he reapplied the duct tape back onto . Sulli hummed as if she were trying to yell at him. Actually, that was exactly what she was trying to do. Yell at him.

"You know, the less you struggle the easier it will be," he informed, but again, she didn't listen. While both legs were free, she kicked and squirmed while muffling her yells and hollers at him. He sighed and shook his head. "Annoying girl."

Before Sulli knew it, all of her body parts were free as she tugged the sticky substance off of her lips and stretched them out to adjust to the looseness of her face, then scoffed. "You're a jerk, you know that?"

Kai showed mock hurt. "Even after I freed you from this hellhole?"

"Yes."

He rolled his eyes and blew a raspberry in the air. "You're just lucky I care about you so much..." he muttered to himself, but not quiet enough, since Sulli had heard the statement and her ears perked up.

"What did you say about me?" she questioned, teasing him.

"Nothing," he stated and looked away quickly to hide his red face. She scurried over to the other side to get a glimpse of it.

"No you said something," she accused. "Something about how much you care about me, was it?" Sulli laughed as she got no reply. "Ohoho, look what we have here! You so like me!"

Kai's head shot straight up, and his instinct came out to defend himself from what was obviously true, right in front of him. "Do not!"

"Do too!"

"Do not!"

"Do too!"

"Do not!"

"Do to-"

"Looks like you two are having fun."

Both pre-teens stood frozen in their spots and snapped their head towards the mysterious voice in one robotic movement. Just their (bad) luck, Ha Yoong was standing at the doorway with her arms folded across her chest.

"I got a little suspicious when you were in the bathroom for more than half an hour," she said, directing towards Kai who sheepishly smiled. "But when I heard a scream and a bang, you were pretty much just asking me to come up here."

Sulli and Kai glanced at each other, then looked at their feet at the same time. Awkwardness soon engulfed the atmosphere, since all of them really didn't have anything to say up to that point.

Finally, Ha Yoong sighed. "Do I really have to kidnap two kids?" Kai and Sulli's eyes widened at this comment and the worriedly looked at the other.

"N-No!" Sulli cried, stepping forward and suddenly, she was the center of everything, both stares puncturing into her soul. "J-Just leave him alone! I-I-I... I promise. I'll stay here to do whatever the heck you want me for if y-you just let him go. Please," she begged and hung her head low.

Ha Yoong stepped up and tilted Sulli's chin up, forcing her to look up. "You really have fallen for him haven't you?" she asked, then literally threw Sulli's jaw back with a flick of her wrist, making Sulli's head snap in all the wrong places. She winced in pain and tears welled up in her eyes, but she wasn't going to let Ha Yoong see her cry.

"If I do let him go," she explained, "I'll have to relocate. And take you with me," she pointed at the pained girl. Sulli wondered how the lady could be so calm in this situation. If she didn't know any better, she'd think that the elder was almost being... kind. At least she was giving her a choice.

Kai stared at the scene in awe. If she left, Sulli left. If Suli left, he wouldn't be able to see her anymore, and that was the last thing he wanted at a time like this. He opened his mouth to speak, but for some reason, no words came out. The only thing that escaped his lips was a tiny and subtle, "No," that only he could hear himself.

Ha Yoong placed herself in the middle of the two, watching intensely as both of them tried to sort out the consequences and decisions to be made. The first one to speak up was Sulli.

"I'll go."

"What?! No! Sulli, I-"

"Quiet you!" the eldest barked and smacked the back of Kai's head. "Alright. You've made your decision, so be it. We're leaving. Now," she dragged Sulli by the wrist and started to speed walk towards the bedroom door.

"Wait! Kai!" she shouted and looked behind her, only to have Ha Yoong strengthen her grip and yank her closer.

"We're starting a new life. You are my grandchild if anyone asks, got it?!"

"But I-"

"Aish this kid!" she exclaimed. "GOT IT?!"

"N-Neh."

"Jin Ri! Wait!" Kai called, but before he could act again, a loud crack was heard, his vision became blurry, and his mind went blank before the world closed up on him and he toppled to the floor.

When he finally woke up, the two were gone, and he groaned in frustration and pain, clutching his head. A frying pan dropped next to him, probably the source from his pain as someone said, "Come with me."

*** (mood music (listened to it while writing it fits well!): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7qE4GBKs_Y)

"Where are we going?" Sulli demanded from her abductor.

"As far away from this place as possible," she grumbled and buckled her seatbelt.

"But what about all of your things? And my things?" she questioned, still confused on what was going on.

Ha Yoong pinched the bridge of her nose. "Okay you know what? Who cares? We're starting over. From the beginning. You are to ask no more questions, do I make myself clear? I am your legal guardian and you'll do as I say!"

Sulli didn't say a word in fear of starting another scene. Instead she let her willing tears pour down the sides of her face but bit down on her lower lip to prevent making any sobbing noises. She thought of her family and how much she just wished to see them one last time. Then she thought of Kai and the Kim's and how loving and nice they were to her. But now, leaving it all filled her with remorse. She wished that she could turn back time and never run away in the first place. Then she wouldn't be shipped off to who-knows-where in the world and her heart wouldn't be so pained.

I should have just listened to umma and appa. The world's a dangerous place, they were right.

In what seemed like a split second, the car drove up in front of a train station. Once they were out the door, Ha Yoong made sure of it to keep a firm grasp on the other's wrist and would just harshly squeeze it when she struggled. Ha Yoong bought the tickets, and in a matter of minutes they were to be out of Seoul for good.

"Stupid kid," Ha Yoong muttered, "getting in the way of everything... My plan's ruined now and in return I have to care for this... this thing!"

"Then what were you doing with me in the first place?!" Sulli suddenly blurted out.

"None of your damned business, kid," she spat and added, "unless you want to be my slave for the rest of your life. Even after I die."

Sulli wanted to shout. She wanted to scream to everyone at the train station, "HELP! GET THIS LADY AWAY FROM ME!". However it was a weekday and the place was empty besides the workers who were now on their breaks and a couple of homeless people here and there. Other than that, nothing.

The train zoomed up to the post and its horn loudly blew twice. A rotting pit began to form in her stomach as it blew again, signaling for the passengers to board.

"Oi kid, it's time."

It wasn't until they got on and took their seats did it really hit Sulli hard.

This was it.

She was leaving Seoul.

For good.

No more of her loving family, only the robotic and metallic person she was being forced to call her guardian.

Ha Yoong laughed at the Sulli's depressed state. "Kiss Seoul goodbye, girly. You aren't ever coming back."

"Not if we have anything to do with it."

The two gasped and looked up in unison, only to meet with Hyun Ae and Kai's eyes, along with a few policemen.

"How-what-where- How did you know?!" Ha Yoong demanded from her daughter.

Hyun Ae chuckled, then crossed her arms. "I got suspicious when Sulli went missing. Freaking out about your upstairs bathroom wasn't that inconspicuous either. Umma, how could you do this?! Again!"

"Kim Ha Yoong, you are hereby under arrest for abduction. Please step this way," one of the policemen said as two other figures walked into the train. Sulli's eyes widened as her feet unknowingly led her to them.

"UMMA! APPA!" she yelled and jumped into their arms. Both Song Hee and Jonghyun embraced her kindly while letting their tears of happiness fall. "I'm so sorry, I'll never do that again!" she wailed as the whole family hugged the life out of each other, not letting anything come between them. It was a very heartwarming sight to see, and just as Kai was about to come up and talk to the girl, he was being dragged into the family reunion.

He yelped a bit, but not before sending a smirk to the old lady who was being dragged off the train in handcuffs, grumbling.

"I love you," he heard Sulli's voice choke out. Without turning around, he could tell that she was talking to her family. However, it came again.

"I love you."

Then a tap on the shoulder.

Kai turned around,

and was surprised when a soft pair of lips slowly lowered onto his.

It was a mere second long, but to Kai it lasted forever. He finally opened his eyes to see a beaming Sulli.

She giggled and repeated herself for the third time. "I love you."

Kai's eyes rounded, but then was replaced with a smirk. He pouted, "Aren't the guys supposed to say that first?" She laughed along with him, then enveloped him in a warm embrace.

"Thank you. For all this time, hero," she said into his chest, and Kai grinned widely. He felt as if he had just won a million dollars, but not even a million dollars could buy the happiness he had then.

"Tch. So cheesy," he chuckled and took hold of Sulli's shoulders. She looked down in embarrassment, but it disappeared once Kai continued, "But you're just lucky that this hero loves you, too."

"Aish, enough with all of this sick young love," Hyun Ae stuck her tongue out, but couldn't help but smile when she received thanks from everyone as well.

"Hey hey hey," Jonghyun stepped in, "Who said that I allowed my daughter to date at age thirteen?" he asked.

Kai smirked at Sulli, then came up to face the dad. "Okay then, sir, do you give me permission to da-"

"OF COURSE I DO, YOU SAVED HER PABO!" he cut him off and glomped him like there was no tomorrow. Song Hee gave an encouraging nod to the new couple.

"I can tell you care a lot for each other. Considering that you," she pointed at Kai, "wouldn't stop bothering us and woke us up early in the morning to find you," she then pointed at Sulli.

This time it was Sulli's turn to smirk, "Oh he did, did he?"

Kai covered his face in order to stop the rising blush. Feeling a burst of confidence, he flashed another smile, "Yes, I did."

Suddenly, in realization, Sulli perked up. "Wait... if Ha Yoong is in prison now..." she looked at her parents hopefully. "Does that mean I'm free?"

Song Hee looked at Jonghyun, and when he gave the 'ok' sign, she nodded. "Go have fun."

"FINALLY!" Sulli screamed in happiness and ran off, but not before hugging her parents once more, kissing them both. "I love you guys."

"We love you, too," they laughed and finally sent her away.

Sulli literally dragged Kai out of the train station, then ran as fast as her legs could take her shouting "I'M FREE! I'M FREE!"

"Why don't we go climb some monkey bars now?" Kai asked, laughing as she chased him around.

"Let it go!" she giggled.

"Never!"

And the two spent the rest of the days in happiness.

==========================================================

SO MUCH FLUFF!Alright, so that was technically the end, but wait! did any of you not notice that it didnt end with a happily ever after? well that'll be in the next chapter, so....
T^T OHMYGOSH ITS SO SAD THE FINAL CHAPTER OF THE "FAIRYTALE SERIES" GAAAAAAH SOB SOB i would make another one, but.... what on earth would it be about 0.o so i hope you guys really enjoyed this series and although this isnt the end of it, i wanna thank you all sooooooo much for sticking by me! *bows* kamsamnida!!! :))))

-dino-nerd525