Madame

Happily Ever After?

Kai stood in front of the bathroom and lifted his hand up to knock, but stopped when he heard Sulli's whispering.

"I like Kai. Wait, no! I don't! I don't like Kai! That's what I meant!" she whisper-shouted. He stood there, too stunned to even move.

"That's it! I am not going to sit here and argue with... myself... I need a walk..." Kai heard water running and splashing, than footsteps towards the door. Coming back to his senses, he ran back to his room and pretended to read a book when Sulli walked by.

"Hey Kai...?" she leaned on the door frame.

"Hm?" he hummed, eyes never leaving the novel.

"First of all... why are you reading upside down?" she tilted her head to the side. Kai furrowed his eyebrows, then widened his eyes when he realized the mistake he had made.

He set it down. "Erm.... I-I uh... wanted to practice reading upside down..." he lied.

"O-kay... well I'm going for a little walk, just to let you know," she informed him.

Kai picked his book back up and nodded. "M'kay, just be careful."

"Don't worry, I can handle it," she giggled a bit.

Kai let out a forced laugh. "Hehehehe..." WHAT WAS THAT, KAI?!

"Um... yeah. I'll be back, probably by dinner so we can go to that restaurant your mom was talking about. Remember your etiquette!" she reminded him. Kai nodded.

With that, Sulli left. Kai waited a few minutes until he heard the front door slam. He exhaled deeply and fanned himself with his hand.

"Gosh it's hot in here..." he fanned himself with the book, then figured out he was still in his suit from their little manners lessons. He changed into a plain green tee and jeans. She likes me... or... does she??? The girl's only known me for 2 days... Real question is... do I like her???

Kai shook his head and sighed. Too much to think about for a thirteen year old... (a/n if you forgot, they're like, 13 here)

***

Sulli skipped down the sidewalk happily, waving and smiling at those who passed by. "I still don't understand why Umma and Appa didn't want me outside, the people are so nice here!" she beamed to herself. Now back to Kai....

"Aish... shouldn't think about it, shouldn't think about it...." she looked down and kicked a small pebble before running into something soft.

"Omo, miah- Ahjussi?" she tilted her head to the side once she noticed it was Siwon and Shindong she had met from the fair the other day.

"Annyeong, Sulli!" Siwon flashed a toothy grin at her. She waved at both of them.

"Annyeong! Well listen, it was nice bumping into you, but I should probably go-" Sulli was cut off by Shindong.

"We can help you with your problem."

"Huh? What problem?" she tapped her chin in thought.

Siwon chuckled. "You're lost, aren't you?" 

She blinked twice. "No, I'm pretty sure I know where I'm going..."

He chuckled again. "I mean lost in your thoughts."

"I-I don't follow..." Sulli scratched her head.

Shindong pet her head. "You like somebody, don't you?" 

Her eyes widened. "I-I'm actually not sure, I was on a walk to think about it. How did you-?"

"Trust us. The look on your face shows it all. It's okay, we've all been there before, there's nothing to be ashamed of. We can help you figure out, though," Siwon explained. Sulli nodded in understanding.

"But how are you going to do that?" she curiously asked.

"Our friend knows a way. Come with us," Shindong took Sulli's hand and guided her past the park. Sulli, still thinking they were just the nice men that talked to her at the fair, obediently followed, having no second thoughts.

***

Song Hee glanced at Jonghyun from across the dining table and locked eyes with him for a second before pulling away. She still hasn't apologized, but she was looking for just the right time to do so. 

"How was work?" Song Hee asked him.

Without looking at her, he replied, "Good."

"How was your day?"

"Good."

"H-How's the food?"

"Good."

"That's good...." 

"..."

"..."

Song Hee tensed up in the awkward silence and continued to twirl her noodles in between her chopsticks. She bit her lip and exhale deeply before sitting back in her chair, grabbing her husband's attention.

"Are you not hungry?" he questioned.

"I'm sorry," she stated, pulling a strand of hair behind her ear.

"Pardon? What did you say?" he widened his eyes.

"I said I'm sorry for blaming you. I was being stupid, I shouldn't have-"

She was cut off when Jonghyun leaned across the table and pecked her sweetly on the lips.

"It's okay," he smiled at her, resting his forehead on hers.

"I just... don't know what to do anymore. Obviously she must still be in Korea, probably still in Seoul. I don't understand how nobody has found her yet. We sent out TOP, Daesung, Eunhyuk, Taeyang, and the police, and we put up a bunch of signs. How is nothing working?" she wiped a lone tear that escaped her eye.

Jonghyun got up from his seat and embraced her into a hug. "I'm sure she'll be okay. It's only been a couple of days, she can survive that. She's strong, remember?" he kissed her on the forehead.

"Everything will be okay."

***

"Madame, the guest has arrived," Siwon chanted. Sulli was inside of a large home in front of a dark basement.

"Go ahead. Introduce yourself. She doesn't bite," Shindong pushed Sulli forward a bit. Yeah, she doesn't bite. She does everything else, though...

"A-Annyeonghasaeo, Kim Jin Ri imnida, b-but people call me Sulli," she bowed and held out her hand.

"No need for that, I'm your friend here that's helping you to solve your problems. I'm Kim Ha Yoong," she took off her hood, and there stood a proud and tall elderly lady.

"C-Can you really help me?" she asked.

Ha Yoong chuckled. "Of course I can, sweetie," she pat Sulli's head and grinned.