In

Happily Ever After?

"Can I, um, help you with something?" Kai could tell just by the voice and the lady's shadow that she was quite well-off for her age. Maybe a mid to late 30s. Kai sheepishly turned. Like he suspected, you could tell she was older than she looked, but she was very fresh and pretty. She had dyed her original black hair with blonde highlights and was wearing a tight red shirt with a black pencil skirt, tights, and black heels. She was also holding two large paper bags.

"O-Oh.... no, not at all," he nodded. She nodded before proceeding again to the house he was just keeping a close eye on, the one which held the apple to his eye. His eyes rounded and he whispered out a subtle "Wait."

The lady turned. "Yes?"

"Um.... do you need help with those?" he directed to the grocery bags that were currently sagging down her arms.

She shuffled a bit in place, then looked at the bags, remembering how heavy they actually were. "If that's alright with you."

As they walked back up to the traditional, ancient door, on the way that had quite a nice conversation.

"My name is Jongin, by the way," Kai introduced himself and bowed best he could with the container stuck in his arms. Although it was very hard for him to carry also, he decided it might all be worth it.

"Okay then, Jongin, thank you so much with this, I was supposed to visit my mother around 20 minutes ago," she stopped to check her watch, "but something else came up."

Kai's eyes became bigger. "Th-This is your mom's house?"

"Ne," she responded.

"Might I ask what your name is?"

"Kim Hyun Ae. Wae?"

"J-Just wondering," he replied just as they came up to the doorstep. Hyun Ae? Like, the Aunt Hyun Ae that Sulli talked about that one time? No, it couldn't be, because that would mean the hag that trapped her would be-

"Hyun Ae-ah!" a short, weak-looking ahjumma answered the door and opened up the screen. "You were supposed to be here 20 minutes ago with the groceries!"

"Neh, ummani, mianhae-yo. Something came up with Nichkhun and Soomi," Hyun Ae slipped off her shoes before gently walking into the house. Although Hyun Ae and her mother's bond and relationship totally broke apart ever since the whole... incident, Hyun Ae still visits every once in a while. Does she really want to? No. Did she still care just a bit for her mother, though? Yes.

Kai just stood there, frozen in his spot, like someone had glued his feet to the floor.

"Who is that repulsive young boy?" Ha Yoong asked, pointing directly at him with his face wrinkled up, his jaw open, and a booger flying from the bottom of his left nostril. "Ugh, disgusting..."

"Um, Jongin? Do you mind coming in for a second to drop these off?" Hyun Ae snapped her fingers in front of his face.

"Huh? Oh.... n-neh."

Omomomo it is her! Sulli's uncle, Nichkhun, and her cousin, Soomi! Aigoo this is too much to take in at once.... so her kidnapper, who called me repulsive, is... related to her?! This is seriously getting more and more like a sappy kdrama...

Kai dropped the groceries off on her marble counter gently and sighed. It was actually a lot heavier than he had expected it to be, and he rolled his shoulder a bit to adjust to the weight that had just been lifted off of him. Literally.

"Arasso, gomawo Jongin-ah, you can go play now," Hyun Ae thanked him. His face fell. Crap... What am I supposed to do now???

"Um... *cough* can I actually use your bathroom really quickly? I think I had some bad breakfast this morning," he lied, holding his stomach and hopping slightly. Hyun Ae asked her mother first and got a response like, "Tell him not to stink up my bathroom!" She agreed, though.

"Kansamnida, but where is it?" he questioned, looking around. Hyun Ae gave him directions to the upstairs one since they were right by the staircase. It would have been a much quicker walk if Ha Yoong didn't stand in the way.

"Oh no! Nononono, he can't use that one!" she panicked and yelled at her daughter. Hyun Ae scrambled away, frightened.

"Waeyo? It'll be easier to tell him direc-"

"It's broken!" she shouted a bit too quickly. "The water isn't working up there, you'll have to use the downstairs one. Or better yet, not use any of my bathrooms at all," she directed to Kai. "Run along now..."

"Ummani!" Hyun Ae yelled, a bit surprised by her mother's actions. "Just let the poor boy use your bathroom!"

Like a spoiled little kid, Ha Yoong muttered a 'fine,' and invited the boy back, giving him the location of the room. As he was on his way, before he was out of earshot, she hollered after him. "Don't stink up my bathroom!"

Kai rolled his eyes and walked calmly into the restroom, careful not to break or move any of the delicate figurines next to the door. He closed the door and noted how there was no lock, so he propped a broom from outside the room below the knob, smiling in satisfaction from the perfect fit.

"Nononono, he can't use that one!"

Kai could tell from that worried sentence that Sulli was either in or near the upstairs bathroom. He had to go save her. The question is, how? If he were to be "in the bathroom" for too long, she'd get suspicious, and there was no way upstairs from there.

Suddenly, a bang from the ceiling was heard. Then another. Then another. Sulli, Kai thought.

He quickly piled everything he could find up and with that, stood on top of the pile. Lucky for him, the ceiling was very low so he didn't have to do much. He placed his ear as best as he could onto the smooth frame and heard a series of bumps and frustrated cries. He knocked once on it. The bumping paused, then continued. Two times. It completely halted.

Sulli furrowed her eyebrows from upstairs. She was sure that she heard knocking, and it wasn't coming from the door. She waited for the sound to come again before jumping in the chair, creating a large sound. Three more knocks. Funny to her, it was almost like they were coming from below her, but she was just hallucinating, she decided. It could have just been Ha Yoong slamming it for her to keep it down from all the bumping.

However, after she stopped, it came again. Louder and louder and louder.

"Achite! I hech ih! Iy schop!" her muffled response came into the tape to say, "Alright! I get it! I'll stop!"

Kai paced back and forth, not bothering to put any of the stuff he had piled up back. He was able to hear the mufled cries, and he knew for a fact it was her. (unless Ha Yoong was a complete pshyco and kidnapped more than one person)

"Jongin, are you okay?" a small tap came from the door. Hyun Ae had a concerned look on her face as she knocked several times.

"Oh um... yeah I'm fine... I might be a little longer, though. Maybe 10 minutes?" Even though it was a lie, it was still pretty humiliating to admit that you actually had some loaded business to do and that you would need more than 10 minutes in the bathroom. A blush crept up to his cheeks until she responded.

"Oh okay then. Take your time."

Kai continued to pace around the small cramped room and glanced up at the ceiling one more time. His eyes rounded and he grinned as he finally found his escape route.

The air vent.

Without another thought, he climbed onto everything he could to reach the top. Once he did, he coughed at the dusty smell and gagged, but hoisted himself up anyway.

On the inside, it was a lot dirtier and more disgusting than Kai thought it would be. Sheesh and she calls me repulsive? Tch.

Kai followed the trail, for there was only one trail to follow and landed face first into a foreign room. To his dismay, it wasn't the room he was looking for. It looked much like a library, probably a study. He slowly climbed out and wiped himself down from any remains of the gross vent. He looked around, hoping to find another air vent. Fortunately for him, there was another in the right hand corner of the room.

Kai popped his head in room after room after room, and if you thought he was tired and frustrated then, a small spider made its way onto his nose and examined it a bit before heading up to his eyes. He shook his head as much as he could to get it off, but it latched onto him like a leech. Another bigger spider followed it. Soon there were 4 large spiders on his face, and when one of them tried to climb in his nostril and bit him, he did what any normal person would do.

He screamed at the top of his lungs and wriggled around as best as possible.

The whole compartment shook under him, and before he knew it, he was on the floor, coughing and swatting at his face. Lucky for him, he had landed safely on a rug instead of the hard wooden floor. He had dirt and wall crust all over him, there were spider webs in his hair, and he was coughing a storm. All in all, he just looked like a big monster.

As soon as his vision cleared for him to see where he was, his eyes rounded at what he did see. In the corner, Sulli was there, tied up to a chair, snoring away. Or, he thought she was snoring. It was kind of hard to tell with the tape over .

He slowly crept up to her and did a little victory dance at his success. With one quick motion, he yanked the mouth piece off of her, but before she could make a noise, he replaced the tape with his hand and put his finger up to his lips.

"Shhh..." he calmed her. "I found you."


yo~~~ sorry for the shortish chapter, i just thought it would be a good place to end (cliffhanger puehehehe) and that i have school tomorro so i figrued i probably wouldnt have had time, so yeah. ah this story is coming to a close, probably somewhere around chap 20.. thanks to all of you who supported this fic (whether youre new to this series or not) and to those of you who read not your average fairytale, i thank you a billion times~! please comment and subscribe~!

-dino-nerd525