Bait

Happily Ever After?

Kai shakily ran his fingers through his dark brown hair and glanced at the clock for the 5th time in the past minute. 6:56. Where is that girl?

He looked at his dinner plate in front of him and jabbed at the rice with his fork. He hadn't eaten a bite, waiting for Sulli to come back but she never did. He was beginning to worry- no, it's past worry, it's gotten to the point of desperation for the girl. After asking his mother to go out for a bit to hang out with Sehun, he dashed out of the comforts of his home to do none other than look for the girl that was on his mind for the whole day.

***

Sulli was led into another dark room upstairs. Without even seeing anything, Sulli could tell it was very old, probably in need of a good dusting. When the lights flickered on, she furrowed her eyebrows, as her suspicions were correct. There were cobwebs everywhere, dust was floating around, and the furniture was ancient. It stunk of moldy cheese as well, resulting in Sulli holding her breath for most of the time.

"So what do you need help with?" she asked, trying her best not to look or sound the least bit disgusted.

Ha Yoong flicked her wrist, signaling for the younger to come over. Sulli did as she was told and was then being pushed into the bathroom which was just as old and gross.

"I need your help with cleaning the bathroom. I'd do it myself, but I'm just getting too old for this. I hope it isn't too much trouble," she said with a sweet smile.

As much as Sulli really didn't want to have to do anything to the filthy restroom, she felt a bit guilty. It was the least she could do for making her go through all that trouble with the whole mind-reading business, and she was an elder after all. She gave a small nod as the other handed her some cleaning items.

She tied her hair up in a bun and reached up to her neck to take her necklace off in case something were to happen to it. That is, if her necklace was even there. She widened her eyes and felt all around her neck and in her clothes to search for the missing piece of jewelry, but it was nowhere to be found. She felt her heart drop to the pit of her stomach. She lost it. Something that Kai gave to her. And she might never get it back.

Sulli kicked the bathroom door in frustration, but didn't expect it to fall down on her. 

"OWWWW!" she cried out. How old is this place anyway??? She tried pushing it off of her with all her might, but it was no use. The heavy door was toppled onto her without any way of her getting out on her own.

"A-Ahjumma?!" she called out, leading to footsteps nearing closer and closer. "I think I might have broken something..." she informed as she could hear Ha Yoong behind her.

Ha Yoong smirked and put her foot down on the door, adding onto the pressure and weight. Sulli groaned in pain.

"A-Aren't y-you gonna help?" she managed to croak out. The other grinned evilly.

"This was easier than I thought it would be!" she beamed. "I thought I was going to have to push the door down myself."

Sulli's face had confusion written all over it. "Y-Yah, what are you saying?" It was probably the first time she had ever spoken informally to an elder. Besides Kai, of course.

Ha Yoong stomped down more. "You know, you really shouldn't be talking like that to me. Especially since I am your family."

She stuttered, "B-Bwoh? Fa-Family? You a-aren't part of m-my family." Though she wasn't exactly sure whether she was or not, she just didn't want to believe it.

"Oh why yes I am. Your great aunt to be exact. And both my daughter and my niece have betrayed me," Ha Yoong took her foot off harshly and slyly stepped over to face the younger who was still being crushed by the door.

Sulli muttered to herself. "Your daughter and your niece... So you mean my mother and Aunt Hyun Ae? What did they ever do to you?"

"Oh, this and that, that and this," she spoke so casually, waving her hand in the air and walking around Sulli multiple times.

"And what do I have to do with anything?" Sulli raised a brow and looked at her curiously.

Ha Yoong chuckled suspiciously. "You're the bait."

***

Kai shuffled through the busy streets of Seoul, bumping into many while muttering a soft 'sorry.' He didn't know where he was headed or even if Sulli was home yet, but he just knew deep down that she was in trouble. And he had to find her. He'd search nonstop if he had to.

I have to tell her.

I have to tell her how I feel about her.

Nothing would stop him now!

SMACK

...except Ji Eul.

"Yah watch where you're- Oh annyeong Kai oppa! You should watch where you're going or you'll hurt yourself," she covered her mean statement with a friendly one as she hoisted him up from off the ground.

"...Hi Ji Eul. Have you seen-"

She cut him off, "No, I haven't seen Sehun lately."

"Ani, not Sehun, Su-"

"You know, it's been a while since we've hung out together... you know, just the two of us," she giggled and shrugged her shoulders.

"Yeah yeah, later. First of all have you-"

"Gee it's getting late... in fact what are you-"

"SULLI! HAVE YOU SEEN SULLI?!" he cried out, extremely irritated just by her being there in front of him.

"Oh... no, but I saw her this morning in her pajamas. She was running pretty quickly," she calmly responded. Kai took a tight hold of her wrists. She wriggled and squirmed in his grasp.

"Where. Was. She?"

Hang in there, Sulli...

***

Song Hee lay on her bed, mentally and emotionally lifeless. Her daughter was gone. And it was her fault. If only she would have just let her outside the house, just that once, she wouldn't be in this predicament, but no. Her over protective side had to come out. Jonghyun had tried multiple times to get her out of bed. She didn't eat, she didn't ever give up, and she cried herself to sleep. Sometimes Jonghyun got worried that when he woke up in the morning, the wife he loves so much might not even be there. It can take just 5 minutes. 5 minutes and the pain and worry for her would be over.

He hovered over her limp body and her cheek with his thumb. She blinked once, eyes fixed on nothing, as if there was something that she could only see. "Song Hee-ah..." he waited for a reply. Unfortunately, she didn't move a muscle. "You- You have to get up. Please..." Jonghyun buried his face in the blanket that covered her and began to weep softly. Just by her uneven breathing, Jonghyun could tell that Song Hee was crying as well. So this is what Song Hee's parents must have been like when she ran away...

They sat there in silence, one waiting for the other to do something, anything.

There was a sudden bang at the door, waking Jonghyun up from his trance. His eyes trailed towards the front door as he crawled out of their room, but decided to leave it unopened. He was too tired, too depressed to talk to anyone but himself and his practically dead spouse. The banging came again, but this time, louder and more desperate.

"Please, is anyone in there?!" It sounded like a boy, no older than a mere teenager. "Please open up!"

Jonghyun sighed and rubbed his face, looking at his lame reflection in the wall mirror. He was a mess. His hair stuck up in many different places as his skin was blotchy and not cared for, probably since he had no other choice to take a long hiatus from his singing career, in respect to his family. In no mood or shape to be face-to-face with anyone, he ignored it again, though the knocking didn't plan on stopping anytime soon.

"Is anyone in there?! Your daughter, Sul- I mean Jin Ri! I think I know where she is!" he yelled at the top of his lungs. Jonghyun stopped in his tracks when he heard movement behind him. He gasped once he realized Song Hee was now up, and she was running her way towards the door, suddenly full of life. She unlocked the door and opened it all the way, revealing a panting boy.

"Who are you and what do you know about my daughter?!" she tried shouting, but ended up being a silent croak.

"I-I'm Jongin. But pali! I think she's in danger."

============================================

Alrighty theres nothing I really have to say except SCHOOL !!! :D Hope you liked the chapter~ Oh and I'm bored... I'll give someone 15 karma points if they can guess my age! (except taemint71893 since she's my sister) (oh and sorry for the crapy pic)

photo2.JPG

-dino-nerd525