Fathers always right?

What I'm a PARENT ?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 The two we taking their sweet time until their lovely neighbours intrude in their time returning Yumi back to them. 

Yumi had a cheeky smile once she entered the house and couldn't wait to interrogate her parents. 

'So are you guys back together now? Hyukkie and Fishy ajuhssi said you guys had make up . Appa what's make - up ?' Yumi asked Yoobin. The words flustered Jessica causing the girl to go beet red while Yoobin could only have a scowl on her face . 

'Nothing you should know just yet Yumi darling' Yoobin rubbed the girl's head and carried her up. Her eyes shifted to Jessica who was know quietly on the side. Once she turned back Jessica met with two pair of eyes. Yumi's and Yoobin's.

She gave an apologetic smile as she carressed Yumi's cheek.

'Sorry sweetie but umma have to go now.'  Jessica threw Yoobin an apologetic look but Yoobin dismissed it with a disinterested look. No parting words at the door no nothing. The older girl didn't need to be told who it was that cause Jessica to be all secretive. She knew. Afterall she was smarter than she looks.

She turned and faced Yumi with a force smile as she told the little girl to go to her bedroom and pack some toys in her bag. Yumi frowned at her mother. 

'You guys haven't completely made up have you?' the girl queried. Yoobin just shrugged her shoulders leaving the younger child to puffed her cheeks up and furrowed her eyebrows together. Yoobin rubbed her head in frustration. She does not undertsand how or what the dynamic of their relationship was. She hated this feeling. But what worst was she hated being the second option.  Just as she was about to take Yumi over to Sooyoung's house, her phone rang and she immediately frown at the id caller.

===

It was a family gathering with her father again! but this time it was at less a bit more pleasant as she was able to bring her own daughter along. Less boring . She saw the disdainful look on her step mother's face but little did she care. As usual she was waiting for Mr. Late. 

'Mommy~' Yes she had told Yumi to call her 'mommy' when her father was around. She turned attention to the kid only to see an adorable pout. ' I think I need to take a wee wee...' Yoobin couldn't help but chuckled.  She threw a glance towards her father and saw the old man discreetly smiling but when he caught on to her stare his face returned to its rugged cold self. She held onto Yumi's hand and led her to the restroom.

While the cute child was in the cubicle doing her business Yumi decided to ask her mother some questions wandering on her mind.

'Why is grandfather so scary looking?'  Yoobin just chuckled at the question.

'Hm... I don't know... guess he was born with it.'

'oh. And appa why are we just sitting there, aren't we going to eat? Yumi is very hungry' Yoobin let another soft chuckle rolled from her lips. Her daughter was just too cute. She piched the little girl's cheek.

On the way back to the table, Yoobin spotted a familar figure. She immediately stopped the cheery Yumi and clasped a hand over Yumi's mouth. Holding the little kid close to her she whispered quietly into her ears.

'Don't call her umma in front of grandpa okay?'

'Why?' The kid mumbled into Yoobin's hand.

'Becuase grandpa will be very angry and take you away from me. You don't want that right?' Yumi nodded and Yoobin let her hand go. They walked quietly to the table and Yoobin pput her poker face on.

'Hello, Mr Kim and Ms Jung. It's a pleasant to meet you both again. This is my daughter Yumi. Yumi greet them.' Yoobin said as she didn't spare Jessica another glance. On the other hand Jessica had a billion things running pass her mind. She definitely did not want her little girl to see her like this. Nor did she wanted Yoobin here either. But God just love to play with her doesnt he?

obediently following Yoobin's order the little girl greeted the two.

'Hello Mr Kim, Hello Ms Jung, I'm Kim Yumi.' She gave them a 90 degree bow before sitting beside her mother again. She was directly opposited Jessica and the little girl gave Jessica a confused look. Jonghyun smiled at the adorable child and intoduced himself.

'Hello there cutie, my name is Jonghyun, You can just call me Jonghyun oppa and I'm your mother's brother.' He pinched her little girl's cheek earning him a glare from Yoobin.

'Brother?' Now Yumi was super confused she had never knew her mother had a brother. She craned her neck over to her mother but Yoobin dismissed it with a shrug.

'I guess you can see his my brother. Yumi, call him uncle Kim from now on.' Yumi just nodded quietly. She had wondered why her mother was so distant and cold now. 

Jonghyun nudged Jessica to greet the girl. 

'Honey say something to her.' Yumi eyebrows quirked up and then wrinkles started to formed on her forehead as she frowned at Jonghyun holding her mother hands. 'honey? why did he call umma honey and why isn't appa doing anything'

'Uhm... Hi you can just call me Jessica unnie. And yumi you're name is really cute.'

'No its fine, i think i will just call you, Aunt Jung.' Yumi said in a disnterested tone. Yoobin quipped her eyes to her daughter sudden mood change but Yumi just placed her hands over Yoobin's ' Don't worry Yub Appa I understand' Yumi thought to herself. However Jessica was heart broken by her daughter cold demeauer towards her. 

Mr Kim cleared his throat as he sensed a sudden tense atmosphere. ' I'm glad that you guys can all make it today. I would like to make an announcement to both you today and Jessica since I have already considered you has family I'm glad that you can be here with us too.' Yoobin scoffed at her father words. She knew him better than that to know that he never meant that.

'Have you asked Mr.Jung about Jessica's hand in marriage?' The tan girl turned her gaze to her half blooded brother. She watched the poor thing fidgeting in his spot as he failed to come up with a response. Mr Kim frowned.

'Why did you come claiming to me that Jessica is the one if you can't even ask her father for her hand in marriage. You're becoming less of a man Jonghyun. Are you a coward he backs out on his word. Because I know The Kims are never like that.'

'Father, I still think its too early for the both of us to think of marriage.' Jonghyun replied meekly as he put his hands over Jessica's. Jessica squeezed his hand trying to comfort him. Yoobin eyes narrowed when she caught it. She scoffed and rolled her eyes. Jonghyun saw it.

'Hey atleast I'm not a single mother!' Jonghyun barked back at Yoobin. However it seemed to have no effect on her as she simply shrugged her shoulders and yawned. Her eyes finally focused back on Jonghyun and it locked him in her deadly gaze. Her lips formed a thin line and suddenly Jonghyun felt himself crumbled in her charisma.

'One. Leave the kid out of this. Two I wasn't looking down on you. I'm tired of this old man rampaging on about how the KIM should be when he himself can't. Such hypocrite does not need teach people. Father, I think its best to let him think for himself instead of deciding for him. He won't grow if yu keep on spoon feeding him. I'm sure his old enough to think for himself.' 

Mr Kim raised his eyebrows at his daughter, did she just called him a 'hypocrite' well he'll let it passed.  He made a big mistake and he knew nothing he did would make the pain he caused her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter