Complaints

Unexpected Twist of Fate

Aesook's POV

You walk into the cafeteria yet again and walk straight towards the line. You grab a tray and pile it with whatever food there is, not caring what exactly you are putting onto your tray. You reach the end of the line and pay for your food. You take your tray and walk away from the line and start to look for an empty table to sit at. You already feel troubled by the treatment from Shinee, but your anger level rises as the noise of the cafeteria booms in your ears.

You hear someone shout, "Aesook! Here!"

You turn to the sound of the voice calling to you and you see Chunhei waving at you at an empty table. You walk towards her and you slam your tray down onto the table and drop into a chair at the table. You take your chopsticks and smash it down to pierce a piece of meat. You shove the piece of meat into your mouth and angrily chew.

Chunhei looks at you with furrowed eyebrows and asks, "Are you okay?"

You turn your head to face her and snap, "Do you think I'm okay?"

Chunhei flinches under your hard look and the tone of your voice and mumbles, "I know it must be hard... And I'm really sorry... I know it's really a big burden for you... Just stop and I'll do it."

Your tense shoulders slump down and your hard face softens as you look at your best friend. You think: I shouldn't have yelled at her. It's not her fault.

You whisper, "Sorry for yelling at you. I'm just... mad."

Chunhei looks up at you and asks, "Why?"

You sigh and say one word, "Shinee."

Chunhei's mouth forms an o and asks, "What did they do to you?"

You mutter, "They said that I was taking a long time to bring them their lunch so they wanted me to stay and watch them eat while I miss lunch."

Chunhei gasps and tries to hold back her giggle and says, "Wow. They really shouldn't keep you away from your food."

You pout and poke your vegetables and say, "Don't make fun of me."

Chunhei smiles good naturedly and asks, "What else did they do to you?"

You pucker your lips and contort your face and harshly say, "They made me clean the whole room. And they told me to give them my phone number so that they can call me outside of school to do their work."

Chunhei nods her head and giggles, "At least you get to spend time with THE Shinee."

You say, "So?"

Chunhei replies, "They're really hot."

"Not really."

"I think you need to get your eyes checked and by a pair of stronger glasses 'cause clearly you can't see right. They are TOTALLY HOT!"

"Nope. Not at all. Now let me eat."

Chunhei sighs and shakes her head as she watches you shovel food into your mouth. As you give back your tray at the counter, the bell rings.

Chunhei grabs your arm and pulls you along with her and shouts, "Come on! Class is going to start!"