Chance Encounter

Unexpected Twist of Fate

Aesook's POV

Someone yanks you out of your seat so you groggily open your eyes to see that it is Chunhei. You scratch your head with your free hand and stare at her blankly.

Chunhei sighs and says, "It's already lunch break. Go."

You nod and slip your arm out of Chunhei's grasp and start to walk away  until you feel her yank your shirt hem. You turn and face her to see her shove a sandwich into your mouth.

She says, "Now go."

You nod and mumble, "Fank ku (Thank you)." 

You walk out of the classroom and sluggishly start walking down the hall. You take a bite of the sandwich and take the rest of the sandwich away from your mouth. You look at the sandwich and see that it's bacon, egg, and cheese. You think: Mmmm... It's still warm. And the cheese is still gooey. Chunhei always has good food. Mmmm.

As you eat your sandwich while walking down the hall you hear someone screaming, "WAIT! AESOOK!"

You turn around to see Onew racing towards you. He halts right in front of you and is half bending while breathing heavily. You stand there and just watch him as you continue to eat your sandwich.

Once Onew caught his breathe, he looks up at you with a sweet smile and says, "You're going to 1S right? Let's go together."

Onew takes your free hand and starts walking down the hallway. Once he knows that you are walking, he slows down so that you two walk side by side and he lets go of your hand.

Both of you don't talk, but you don't care and just focus on eating your sandwich. Onew starts feeling very awkward so he just starts talking, "It's such a coincidence of seeing you walking in the halls. When I saw you, I wasn't sure if it was really you so I yelled your name really loud and I was running towards you even though I wasn't sure. Luckily it was you or else it would have been very embarrassing. I bet you're wondering why I'm not with the rest of Shinee, right? Well it's because we were all walking to 1S together, but then I forgot my notebook in our classroom so I told the others to go on without me and I went to go get my notebook. I always thought that it's kinda lonely walking in the halls by yourself since the halls are so big and filled with lots of people and it's always so noisy and you see everyone is with someone so walking quietly by yourself is lonely, but luckily I saw you. So I'm not lonely anymore. Since you walk by yourself to 1S by yourself, you must get lonely. Especially in the mornings since you walk by yourself to our room the school is practically empty excluding you and us. If you feel lonely, you can call me and I'll walk with you down the halls. Wait. You don't have my number. Wait, you don't have any of our numbers. We don't have your number! Now how do I walk with you!?"

By the time Onew finishes talking, you already finished your sandwich. You turn your head and blink at Onew. Onew has a panicked expression on his face and one of his hands is messing up his hair. You tug on his sleeve until he looks at you. You say, "It's okay," and you give him a smile.

Onew's eyes widen in surprise, but then he recovers himself and bows his head while blushing. You come to a halt and pull on Onew's sleeve to stop him from walking. You point to the sign with 1S imprinted on it and say, "We're here."

Onew looks up and his face gets even more red as he says, "Oh, yeah, you're right. Let's go in."

He quickly walks into the room with a bowed head to hide his flamed face. You shuffle in behind him wondering what your next task will be.