First Stage of a Drama

Unexpected Twist of Fate

Taemin's POV

Jonghyun paces around impatiently and throws up his arms yelling, "Where is this girl?! It's already been 15 minutes. She should be here by now!"

Key nods in agreement and says, "This girl is in sooo much trouble now. We are definitely not gonna let her off lightly."

Taemin reminds his hyungs and says, "Hyungs, you can't act too mean to her. You have to keep up your reputation."

Key snorts and replies, "Whatever. Even if she says something bad about us, no one is going to believe her."

Taemin thinks: Yeah, true. Who would believe that Shinee is full of jerks? Especially from that ugly girl.

Taemin nods at Key and says, "Yeah, you're right. But she is still a girl. So don't hurt her too much."

Key just shrugs and says, "Whatever."

They hear a knock on the door and Jonghyun says, "Finally."

Onew gets up from his seat to open the door. Everyone except Taemin is shocked by the appearance of the girl. They gap at her messy, uncombed hair, bangs covering her face, a messy uniform, thick, dirty glasses covering her eyes, and the nonchalant look on her face.

Taemin softly sighs to himself and thinks: Well, judging by the looks from my hyungs, they are quite shocked. Not a good sign since this is definitely not a good kind of shocked. Well, I don't care. Let's see what will happen.

 

Aesook's POV

You stand there at the door with a blank, uncaring look on your face as you scan the room to find a total of 5 guys just starring at you. You notice that one of the guys sitting there is the guy that you apologized to earlier on the day. You just stand there wondering: This is so troublesome. I could be sleeping right now. Aish. Are they gonna let me in or not? Whatever. Oh, this song is pretty good.

Someone clearing their throat brought you back from your thoughts. One boy looks at you and says, "Well, come in."

You shuffle in so that the boy holding the door can close the door. The boy says to you, "Why don't you take a seat?" But seeing as you don't move, he gently pushes you towards a chair and pushes you down to sit. The boy walks to a mini-fridge and takes out a a bottle of apple juice and walks back towards you. He hands the bottle to you and you just take it and hold it on your lap.

The boy who told you to come it said loudly, "So you're Kim Aesook, right?"

You look up at him and just nod.

The boy then says, "Well you know who we are, right?"

You shake your head.

Another boy, shocked, yells, "What?! How is that possible!? Everyone in this school knows who we are!!"

You just look at him with uninterested eyes thinking: Gosh. They are so self-centered. Why would I know them. Man, I already heard this song 5 times today. Whatever, it's a good song. Ahh, I'm so tired. I want to sleep. Am I going to be lectured. I wonder what's for dinner. Can I drink this apple juice, or would it be rude?

You hear someone start talking and you look up. The boy just yelling, annoyed, introduces each boy by pointing at him and saying his name, "I'm Kim Jonghyun. That's Lee Jinki, but everyone calls him Onew. Kim Kibum, but everyone calls him Key. Choi Minho. And the maknae of the group, who you hurt, Lee Taemin."

You just nod.

Key says, "So we don't want to cause any trouble and I doubt you want to cause any trouble either, right?"

You nod.

Key continues to say, "So in repayment for hurting our Taemin, you will be our servant until we graduate. Okay?"

You oppose and say, "But I wasn't the one who threw the football at him."

Key raises one eyebrow and says, "Then who is? We'll just make that person our servant."

You think of Chunhei and shake your head. You say, "It was just an accident. You can't make me your servant just for that."

Jonghyun laughs and says, "We can do what ever we want. You see that guy, Minho," while pointing at Minho who is reading his book, "He is the son of the chairman of this school. We have absolute power. We won't expel you, but if you do dare to oppose us, we will make your life a living hell until you wish that we expelled you."

You think: Darn. I don't want to get Chunhei into this trouble. I guess I'll just have to take it. So troublesome. I'm hungry. After this, I better go get something to eat.

You sigh and mumble, "Fine."

Key and Jonghyun are smirking at you. Minho is still uninterested. Onew looks worriedly at you. Taemin looks at you with sympathy, but you notice that his eyes don't hold any emotion and are pretty much smirking at you.

You place the bottle you are holding onto the foosball table and you get up. You walk out of the room hearing Key yell at you, "You start tomorrow! Come to this room 7:30 right before school!"