Unexpected Day

Unexpected Twist of Fate

Aesook's POV

You are actually awake during class since you took a nap in room 1S earlier. Even though you are awake, you just stare out the window, looking at the autumn scenary, the people walking on the street, and the cars driving by.

The teacher is surprised that you are actually awake in class and wishes to have a little revenge on you so she calls on you, but you don't respond. She continues to call on you. 

You continue to stare out the window until you feel pain on your right side. You turn to face Chunhei who is looking at the teacher. You turn to face the teacher to see that her face is a bright shade of red and she is glaring at you.

You say, "Yes Mrs. Lee?"

Mrs. Lee lets out a long sigh trying to surpress her rage and says, "Ms. Shin, come up to the board and solve this problem."

You push your chair back slightly and push yourself from the table. You walk to the board and take a piece of chalk. You look at the equation on the board and you quickly solve it. You place the chalk back and you walk back to your seat.

Mrs. Lee's anger increases even more since you answer the difficult problem with ease, but she holds it in and calmly says, "Thank you Ms. Shin."

You just nod and turn your head back towards the window. Before long, the bell rings signalling the end of class and the start of lunch break.

Chunhei turns towards you and asks, "Why are you awake in class today?"

You shrug and say, "I already slept earlier."

Chunhei just nods and starts digging through her bag. She pulls out a neatly wrapped rice ball and hands it to you.

"Eat this before you get there."

"Mhm. Gomawoyo."

Chunhei brightly smiles at you and pushes you towards the door saying, "Go."

You walk out the door and down the hallway while unwrapping the rice ball. You take large, quick bites until all of it is gone. You then crinkle the wrapper and shove it into your pocket. You soon arive infron the room 1S and you walk in.

You see Minho as usual reading a book, Key on his phone, Onew on his laptop, and Jonghyun and Taemin playing a video game together.

Key glances at you and says, "Oh, you're here. Go get our lunch."

This time you quickly go to the cafeteria to get their lunch thinking: The sooner I get this done, the sooner I can leave, and the sooner I can eat lunch. Mmm... Lunch. I'm so hungry. I don't even remember what I ate for breakfast. LUNCH! LUNCH! LUNCH!

Once in the cafeteria you quickly walk over to the lady working at the counter and asks her, "Can I have the lunch for Shinee?"

Like yesterday, she dashes away and quickly returns with the boxes containing their lunch, except today, there are six boxes.

As you take the boxes you tell her, "I think you made a mistake. I only need five boxes."

She shakes her head and says, "I was told to prepare six boxes today. Now go."

You turn around and carefully walk away, your arms shaky from carrying a massive tower of six boxes. You think: They probably ordered an extra lunch box as punishment since they know how hard of a time I have carrying five. And I actually forgave them earlier. They're big fat meanies. I hate them. Except for Onew. Yep.

With you deep in thought, you bump into someone and are about to fall until someone steadys you saying "Careful!"

You glance up to see Taemin holding the boxes on the other side so that they won't fall. Taemin takes four boxes leaving you to carry only two. You stand there in amazement with Taemin walking away.

Taemin looks back at you and calls out, "Come on! Let's go!"

You snap out of your daze and quickly scurry after him. Once you are walking at his side, you look up at him.

You ask, "Why are you helping me?"

Taemin looks down at you saying, "Hyungs and I were playing rock-paper-scissors and loser has to go help you carry our lunch."

"Why were you playing rock-paper-scissors."

"Like I said, to see who is going to help you."

"Why would any of you help me."

"Because we feel bad and were reflecting on your words."

"Oh... Why did you order six lunches?"

"Because you're eating with us."

Your head shots up as you stare at Taemin in shock."

You ask, "Why?"

"Like I said, we feel bad."

There is a silence between you two until you ask, "How's your leg?"

"It's fine. Key hyung made too much of a big deal about it."

"It's not like you objected to his idea though."

"Don't you usually talk less than this?"

You look down in embarrassment. It quickly fades away as you look up at him saying, "Don't change the topic."

Taemin gives you an innocent smile saying, "I don't know what you're talking about."

You squint your eyes at him saying, "I can see past that fake smile so don't give me that disgusting look."

Taemin looks at you in surprise. You turn to face the front and quickly walk infront of Taemin to quickly get away from him. You think: I definitely don't understand him. And he's right. I talked to much. Maybe I slept too much. I'll sleep later today then and use up all my useless energy.

With you walking ahead, you are unaware of Taemin thinking: Hmm. She's really interesting. Really different. Life will definitely not be boring with her around.