Lunch with Shinee

Unexpected Twist of Fate

Aesook's POV

As you two enter the room, Jonghyun gets up from his seat whining, "You guys are finally back! Ppalli! Ppalli!"

Onew and Minho go and clear up the large table and signal for you and Taemin to come and place the boxes on the table. The five take their seats and start passing out the lunch boxes. You are unsure of what to do so you continue to akwardly stand next to the table.

Onew notices and says to you, "Aesook, come sit next to me!"

You shuffle to the seat next to Onew and you sit down so that you are sitting between Onew and Key. Onew hands you a lunch box and a pair of chopsticks. Everyone uncaps their lunch box and starts eating and talking to eachother while you keep to yourself and just eat.

Your lunch is beef katsu with rice and side dishes including kimchi and steamed vegetables. You look at the steamed vegetables and wrinking your nose thinking: Ew steamed vegetables. How can they eat these? The icky soggy feeling in my mouth! Bleh! I'll just avoid it and throw it out later.

You stuff your face full of katsu and rice and Jonghyun notices and starts laughing at you saying, "Hahaha! You look like a squirrel! Slow down! It's not like the food is going to disappear! Haha!"

The other four turn to look at you and they start laughing at your face and Minho even has trouble suppressing his laugh.

You gulp down your mouthful of food and retort, "Atleast I don't talk and laugh with food in my mouth because it looks disgusting. Is this how Shinee really looks like?"

Jonghyun closes his mouth and looks down in embarrassment. The other four start laughing at Jonghyun instead.

He mutters, "Whatever."

The akwardness between you and Shinee seem to have dissolved with that incident and you start to feel comfortable enough to converse with them.

Soon you are almost done with your lunch except for the steamed vegetables and Key notices that you keep avoiding the vegetables and tells you, "Eat your vegetables! They're good for you!"

You whine, "But they taste bad!"

Key retorts, "No they do not! And you can't only eat meat! You need a balanced diet!"

You say, "But I ate kimchi and kimchi is a vegetable!"

"Kimchi doesn't count!"

"How can you say that?"

Jonghyun intervenes and says, "Chill! Key umma just relax! She doesn't want to eat vegetables so just let her not eat it,"

Key complains, "But she's still growing and she needs those vegetables. She shouldn't turn out to be a midget like you."

Jonghyun yells, "Hey! I'm still growing too!"

Key snorts and says, "Whatever. Now Aesook eat your vegetables!"

"NO!"

Onew laughs and says, "Looks like Key umma has a new baby."

Taemin looks up with fake shock and fake cries saying, "But Key umma, I thought I was your only baby!"

Key pats Taemin on the back saying, "You are my only baby, now you eat your vegetables too."

Taemin pouts and starts poking his steamed vegetables with his chopstick.

Key turns back towards you and uses his chopsticks to take a mouthful of your vegetables and shove them into your mouth.

You are about to spit them out but Key warns, "Don't you dare spit them out or else I'll tape your mouth close."

You grimace at him and start chewing the vegetables. You force yourself to swallow and you quickly take your cup water and drink.

Key smirks in truimph and says, "Now eat the rest or else I'll shove the rest down your throat."

You turn and glare at him, but silently turn back to your vegetables and quickly force them down your throat before drinking the rest of the water in your cup.

Key ruffles you hair and says, "That's a good girl."

You frown at him and look away. Soon everyone is done with their lunch and you all start cleaning up. Once the table is clean again, you go to the door and are about to leave until someone grabs a hold of your wrist. You turn around to see Jonghyun holding your wrist.

He says to you, "Don't get too cocky just because we let you eat with us. This was just an apology. This won't happen everyday. And you are still your servant."

You just smile softly at him before turning around and leaving.

You hear him calling out to you, "And don't forget to come here tomorrow morning!"

After this surprisingly pleasant event, you are unaware of the terrible events ahead of you and the malicious thoughts of the people who see you with their beloved Shinee.