First Task

Unexpected Twist of Fate

Aesook's POV

You wake up from hearing your alarm clock ringing next to your ear. You turn your head to see that it is 6:00 A.M. so you get up from bed to get ready for school. You dress in your crinkled uniform and go to the bathroom to brush your teeth and wash your face. You still feel groggy so today, you don't even stop to brush your hair. You grab your glasses and your backpack and unplug your recharging iPod and leave your room. You quickly walk down the stairs and into the kitchen and grab a bag of cookies and you walk out the door. You slip on your black Converse, plug in your earbuds, and start walking to school.

As you enter through the school gates, you check your watch to see that it was 6:25 A.M. and breathe out a sigh of relief. You think: Thank god I'm not late today. I wonder what they're gonna make me do. *Sigh* So troublesome.

You walk into room 1S while munching on your Oreos and find that all five of them are already there. You think: Wow. How can all of them wake up so early. Don't they need sleep? UNLESS THEIR ROBOTS!!! WOW! SO COOL! NO, NO, NO! Aesook, stop. Don't let your imagination run wild. Don't you remember that Taemin was bleeding. Everyone knows that robots can't get hurt by mere footballs and robots don't have blood since they are made out of metal.

You hear Key say to you, "Wow. See, you can come on time."

You just nod in response.

Jonghyun then says to you, "Well, your first task is to clean this whole room."

You turn around to go get cleaning supplies. Jonghyun yells at you, "Ya! Where do you think you're going!?"

You reply, "To go get cleaning supplies."

Jonghyun smirks and says, "They're right there."

You turn around and your eyes follow to where he is pointing to. You see a broom and dustpan leaning against the wall. There is also a feather duster, a bucket, and a towel. You understand that your punishment would be manual labor. There would be no vacuum nor a mop to make work easier. You take the feather duster and starts to dust all the objects letting all the dust fall to the floor. You sigh as you grab the broom and start sweeping around the room. You avoid and sweep around the objects in the room as well as the legs of the five boys in the room. You are irritated because none of them except for Onew move their legs so you can have an easier time sweeping, but since you don't feel like talking to them, you don't tell them to move their legs. You sweep all the dust and garbage from the floor into the dustpan and empty it out in the trashcan.

You take the bucket and walk out of the room and into the bathroom to fill it up with water. You walk back into 1S and place the bucket on the floor. You get the towel and soak it in the water and then wringe the water out. You wipe all the objects of the room including the mini-kitchen in the corner, the tall bookcase, the foosball table, the flat screen TV as well as the TV stand, and other miscellaneous objects in the room. You also wipe the window glass and the window sills. You leave to go dump the water into the sink of the bathroom and return to room 1S. You check your watch to see that it is only 7:15 A.M. and smile thinking about how quickly you were able to finish work.

You are about to grab your backpack off the floor until Key says, "Not so fast. You're not done yet."

Your hand drops back down to your side and you turn to look at him.

Key smirks and says, "Since you're so good at treating wounds, go check up on Taemin's wound."

You walk to Taemin who is just lounging in a chair with his leg sticking out at you. You roughly shove up his pant leg causing him to hiss,"Gently." You ignore him and rip off his band-aid. You rummage through your pockets until you find the disinfectant spray and spray a generous amount onto the wound knowing that it stung. You toss the disinfectant spray back into your pocket and rummage around until you pull out a Mickey Mouse band-aid and slap it onto his wound. You then, roughly pull down his pant leg and get up.

You turn to Key and ask, "Am I done now?"

Key smirks and says, "Yes you are done. Now don't disobey us ever again or else your punishment will be 100 times worse than just cleaning. Now go. Oh, and come back here during lunch break and don't be late."

You walk to the door while grabbing your backpack off the floor. You walk out the door making sure to slam the door behind you. At the closed door, you stick out your tongue. You turn around and walk down the hall towards your classroom. You enter your classroom and shuffle towards your window seat. You drop your backpack to the ground as you collapse into your chair. You shove your face into your folded arms on your desk thinking: This is going to be a long, very long, day.