Arrival

LiVing a Lie

 

Oh Ha Ni smiled as she breathed in the fresh summer air. Today she would be leaving to her summer school, finally! She stood outside the house with the family, waiting for the bus that picks up students from the area. "Ha Ni-ya!" She was embraced by Seung Jo's mother. "I'll really, really miss you! Please call us?" She sobbed. "Haha, sure! I also might visit you sometime in a weekend" Ha Ni said. "That'd be great!" Geum Hee hugged her again. They heard a sound and looked behind them to see the bus arrive. "Okay Ha Ni, got everything?" Oh Ki Dong asked. "Yes!" Ha Ni said, holding tightly onto her case. "Well then, bye everyone!" She hugged Seung Jo's father, patted Eun Jo's head and waved at Seung Jo. Then she followed her father to the bus that had opened its doors already. "Bye dad, I love you" She hugged her father and gave him a kiss on his cheek. "I love you too! Have a lot of fun and don't forget to call' Oh Ki Dong said, wiping away a tear. "OH HA NI!" Bong Joon Gu was in the bus already and Ha Ni laughed at his shout. "Bye bye!" She waved at her father and the family and the doors closed. The family kept waving until the bus was out of sight, and then they went back inside.

"Well, then I'll be off too" Seung Jo said. "What? Where to?" Geum Hee asked. To be honest, Seung Jo hadn't told anybody about his summer plans. He didn't want Ha Ni to know before-hand that he would be attending summer school too. If the family had summer plans themselves he would have informed them about it, but they said they would stay at home because his father would still be busy with work. So he decided to tell them last minute. "I'm going to the summer school too, they offered me a summer job as teacher there" Seung Jo explained. All jaws dropped. "What? And you're saying this now? Why didn't you tell us sooner?" Seung Jo shrugged and went upstairs to get his stuff. He had already packed everything. Eun Jo followed him. He knew what was going on. "You didn't tell us because of Oh Ha Ni, right?" Seung Jo looked at him and sighed. "That's none of your concern" He answered. "So you're not denying it?" Eun Jo asked. Seung Jo smirked, his little brother was always so sharp. "Like I said, it's none of your concern" He patted Eun Jo's head and left the room with his stuff.


"Woah look at that!" Jung Joo Ri squealed. "It's amazing!" Dok Go Min said. The summer school building looked even better than in the brochure. A few meters from the school were the dorms, in which Oh Ha Ni would share a room with her two best friends. A man came walking towards their group. "Welcome to our summer school! I will guide you to your dorms. You'll have some time to unpack your stuff and look around. We're also still waiting for some busses. We'd like you to come to the ceremony hall at 6 o'clock, we'll have an introduction there and after that we'll have dinner. Understood?" The students nodded. "Alright then please follow me" They all followed him to the dorms. There was a guy's dorm and a girl's dorm. "Please take your time, and remember, the ceremony hall at 6 o'clock!" The man went away and the students went to their dorm. In the letter for the application they also received a room number and key. "Well then, let's find our room!" Jung Joo Ri said.

"Awesome!" They had finally found their room and it was very cozy. Three beds, a small TV, a couch, seat, coffee table, mini kitchen and a small bathroom. "Woah I didn't expect this school to be so luxury!" Dok Go Min said. "I don't feel like a stupid person at all!" Jung Joo Ri squealed, letting herself fall on a bed. "Hahaha me neither!" Dok Go Min laughed. Oh Ha Ni smiled. "Me neither" She said softly, feeling kind of guilty as she said so.


At the promised time, all students had already arrived and got together in what they called "the ceremony hall". There were quite a lot of students. They could hear people say they were really happy they could study because they were having trouble, but they could also hear people say they didn't have any trouble at all, but just liked to go to summer school, and so they would have a nice advantage next year. They had an introduction, and were told that the "ceremony hall" would also be the dining hall, that they would have lessons during day and have free time at night and in the weekends. "This is so much fun! I've never been this excited about studying before!" Dok Go Min said after the introduction. "Hahaha me too!" Ha Ni laughed.

"Ah, Baek Seung Jo! Welcome" Seung Jo's teacher greeted him. "Hello, sorry I'm late" Seung Jo said. "That's okay, I'll guide you around" Seung Jo walked along with him, while in the meanwhile the students gathered for dinner.

At this very moment, Oh Ha Ni was still oblivious to the fact that she and Seung Jo were at the same place right now.

 

AN: YAY update. This story is gonna be really long if I keep up this chapter length xD but I'm too busy to make them longer at once, and I really want to update :)