First Love

LiVing a Lie

 

AN: Don't get confused now, get yourself ready for some time jumps. From now on you'll read some flashbacks, regarding Oh Ha Ni's youth.

With that I mean the time she went to her old school as the smart Oh Ha Ni.

Enjoy!


Seven years ago…

"Oh Ha Ni!" Ha Ni looked up at the lovely bright smile that greeted her everyday. "Soon Chun! Good morning" She said with a blush. Jung Soon Chun was an apprentice at their school, and would help out her teacher with work, and sometimes teach the class himself. He was seven whole years older than her, but despite all that, she loved him. "Good morning! Silly smarty Oh Ha Ni!" One of her classmates greeted her, followed by the loud and roaring laughing from the class, which she heard far too often. "Hey! Quit that!" Jung Soon Chun was the only one who seemed to like Oh Ha Ni. Even the teacher was annoyed by her intelligence, and was trying to move her to a different class. Soon Chun however, had protested to this and stated how intelligence is something good to be proud of. In the end Oh Ha Ni was allowed to stay. Oh Ha Ni was happy to be able to stay by Soon Chun's side.

"So, how was your day?" Soon Chun asked. He and Oh Ha Ni used to hang out together after school, since Ha Ni's father was always at work, so she would be lonely. Aside from that they loved each other's presence. The little girl smiled at him. "It was fun! I was glad to learn something today that I didn't know yet" She said and she giggled. Soon Chun smirked, she was so cute. "And what was that?" He asked while they sat down on a bench. He was always interested in this little girl. She was so smart, yet so unsure, shy and abnormally cute. Despite her age he had always the feeling he was talking to a girl his age. "I learned that a number of Koreans in Germany were suspected of spying for the North, and they were tortured to extract false confessions, and six were sentenced to death. That's cruel isn't it?" Soon Chun laughed. "School is dangerous for you, you shouldn't get any smarter than that!" He laughed, patting her head. Ha Ni giggled. "As long as you're with me, I'll always be happy, even if everyone kept bullying me" She said with a proud smile, and Soon Chun blushed against his will. "Of course, I'll always be your friend" He said. "And don't pay attention to those kids, they're just jealous of you" He smiled at her and noticed she was getting shy again. "Thanks, Soon Chun!" She smiled the smile he always loved to see. "Just keep smiling like that, always" He patted her head again.


"The key of what?" Seung Jo asked. He was getting annoyed by the awkward moment. Oh Ha Ni and his colleague kept staring at each other, and he had a negative feeling about this. "Ehh sorry" Soon Chun said, shaking his head. "The key of the locker in your classroom. See, It's my old classroom and I need some work that's in that locker" He explained. Seung Jo stared at him. "I lost my key" Soon Chun added, realizing what Seung Jo's look tried to say. "I see, well, here it is" He took a key from his pocket and threw it to him. "Thanks" Soon Chun said, and he glanced at Oh Ha Ni, who glanced back. "Tomorrow…" He said, his index finger pointed at her, and he paused while Oh Ha Ni studied him with a questioned look. "The usual?" He asked her. She raised her eyebrows. "The usual" She repeated with a smile. Soon Chun left, and Oh Ha Ni continued packing her stuff. Seung Jo was very confused about this, but no way was he going to ask her about this…


"The usual?" Oh Ha Ni looked up from her desk at Soon Chun's handsome face. She giggled and replied: "The usual". They always said this whenever they wanted to hang out together after school. It meant that they would wait at the school doors for each other, and then go someplace to hang out. People used to think they were brother and sister because they were often together. They didn't mind though, because if would be even weirder if they would find out they were not related at all.

"You're early" Soon Chun arrived at the school doors and patted Ha Ni's head. "Of course, I'm always earlier than you. I don't have a class to take care of" She said with a smile. "I don't take care of the class, I just help out" Soon Chun said. "I think you would be a better teacher" Ha Ni said. "Thanks" He patted the girl's head again and took her hand. "So, where shall we go?" "I don't mind".


"You're early" Oh Ha Ni looked up and saw Soon Chun arriving. She had already been waiting at the school doors since class had already ended. She felt a weird feeling; this was so nostalgic. She smiled. "I'm a student, and you're a teacher. Of course I'm early" He stood still in front of her for a moment. They stared at each other, and Oh Ha Ni felt color rise to her cheeks, as well as tears in her eyes. "Soon Chun" She said, trying to hide a sob. Soon Chun suddenly stepped forward and wrapped his arms around her. "My Oh Ha Ni, finally…" Ha Ni wrapped her arms around him and cried, while Soon Chun her head. Both unaware of another presence nearby. Seung Jo had always hated spying on people, but this time his curiosity was killing him. However, the feeling he had now was worse than curiosity.


"Ha Ni? I'm sorry I'm late!" Soon Chun yelled, panting as he arrived at the school doors. The girl sat there on the ground, leaning against the wall, sleeping. "How…" Mumbled Soon Chun. "How should I tell you something, that might break your heart?" He bent down in front of her. He felt bad for having feelings for a girl this young. He felt bad for not being able to express this feeling. He felt bad about her being so young, so possibly not being able to love him back like he loved her. And he felt bad about that one thing that was going to tear them apart. He had to leave. His parents are moving out for his father's work, and he has to come with them. No way, he couldn't tell her that. "Ha Ni…" She woke up and looked him in his eyes. "Sorry I'm late. Come on, let's hang out" – for the last time, was what he thought and urged to say, but didn't. They went to the park and sat down on a bench to do what they usually did. Chat, relax, they had always been together the past few weeks. He was going to miss her so much.

When the day was over they had to say goodbye. Of course Ha Ni thought it was just like usual, but he knew better. This was farewell. "You look sad" She said, and Soon Chun forced a smile. "Of course, I'm always sad when I have to leave you" He said, causing a sweet smile to appear on Ha Ni's face. "Me too… Can I have a kiss?" She suddenly asked, and Soon Chun blushed. He stared at her questioningly and Ha Ni repeated her question. "Can I have a kiss?" Soon Chun swallowed and placed his hand on her shoulder. He slowly leaned in. This girl was ten years old, he was seventeen. This girl probably didn't even know how much he loved her, and was too young to love him back. She probably just meant a friendly kiss, he couldn't steal her first kiss now. He softly and gently kissed her cheek and pulled back. Ha Ni blushed and brought her hand to her cheek. "Thank you!" She smiled and waved. "See you tomorrow!" And she left. See you tomorrow, he wished. But Soon Chun had underestimated her. Little did he realize that he wasn't talking about just a normal young girl, but about the intelligent Oh Ha Ni who had developed greatly in intelligence, as well as emotions. Of course she was able to love him back. But that was something he would never find out.


"The next morning I came to school, you were just gone! You left! How could you do that?" Oh Ha Ni said and Soon Chun flinched. "I didn't have the courage to tell you" He said. "What?" Ha Ni felt her cheeks getting red. "But you did have the courage to break my heart! To leave me with hundreds of questions! You didn't even say goodbye! You didn't try to get in contact with me!" She attacked him. "It's complicated!" He yelled. "Thanks to you, my life is complicated!" Ha Ni yelled back, but immediately brought her hand to , regretting she said that. The look he gave her asked for explanation. "After you left, the bullying increased. I was moved out of the class after all, and got even more bullied in my new class. I couldn't stay there, so my father and I had decided to move someplace else to build a new life" She said. "A new life?" Soon Chun repeated. "Since then, I wouldn't go through life being smart again. I pretended I was stupid, and got myself in the lowest class ever" She explained, and Soon Chun's jaw dropped. "I made new friends, and got a whole new and better life" Oh Ha Ni smiled.

"I came back" Soon Chun said. "What?" Ha Ni looked surprised. "I came back for you! I missed you so much, right that same year I returned. But you had already left" He covered his eyes with his hand. "I was too late" Ha Ni felt pity as she looked at him. "I loved you, Oh Ha Ni" He said. "I loved you too" He looked up at her, surprised. Seung Jo sighed and left. He couldn't handle any more of this, he had heard enough.

"I loved you very much… but now…" Ha Ni paused. "You love Baek Seung Jo" Soon Chun said, and she blushed in response. "Yes…" Soon Chun smiled. "I see, I hope he loves you back. You deserve all happiness I could wish someone" He said, and Ha Ni felt tears again. "Can I have a hug?" Soon Chun asked, and Ha Ni nodded before running in his arms. "My little sister I lost ten years ago. I'm glad we've met again" He said, and Oh Ha Ni smiled and tightened the embrace. "Me too…"


To be continued. I'll try my best to update asap! 3 Please R&R ^^