Confusion

LiVing a Lie

 

 

Baek Seung Jo felt terrible. He knew he shouldn't get all worked up because he made a stupid girl cry, but still, it couldn't stop bothering him. "BROTHER!" Seung Jo looked up at his younger brother. "What?" He answered, a little bit annoyed because Eun Jo shouted like that. "I've been calling your name for more than ten times already, can you help me with this?" Eun Jo pointed at an exercise in his book. "Oh, yeah, sure…" He helped his little brother with his school work and then sat back in his chair again. "Seung Jo, you're acting strange" Seung Jo looked at his brother. "Sorry?" Eun Jo sighed. "You heard me. You're acting strange. Is it because of Oh Ha Ni?" He asked. "Don't be stupid" Seung Jo replied, but somehow he was afraid that Eun Jo was right.


"Beak Seung Jo! Good morning!" Seung Jo was surprised at Oh Ha Ni's cheerfulness. "Eh.. morning…" He mumbled, and he sat down and ate his breakfast. The family was energetic today, chatting happily with each other. Oh Ha Ni was cheerful as always, even though her eyes still were a little bit swollen. Oh Ha Ni had decided. She would act cheerful again, she would work harder to be the person she wanted to be. And also just act friendly towards Baek Seung Jo, even though she had decided to stop loving him. "Ha Ni-ya! Is something the matter? Your eyes are swollen, don't tell me you cried?" Oh Ha Ni laughed at Seung Jo's mother. She was always so kind. "Yeah I read a book, it was so sad!" Seung Jo looked at her with raised eyebrows, which Ha Ni answered with a glare. He shrugged and continued eating his breakfast. He really didn't understand anything about her.

After breakfast Seung Jo helped with cleaning the table while Oh Ha Ni hurried upstairs to get some stuff. It was Saturday and she would be spending the day with her friends. When Seung Jo was done helping them he wanted to go to his room, but just when he wanted to ascend the stairs, he heard voices coming from upstairs. "Ha Ni, I can tell something's wrong" It was Oh Ha Ni talking with her father. First Seung Jo wanted to go back, but then he hesitated and stayed to listen. "What do you mean? I'm fine" Was Ha Ni's answer. "No, I can tell. Your smile…" Oh Ki Dong paused for a moment. "What's with my smile, dad?" Oh Ha Ni sounded impatient. "I can notice when you fake the bright smile you always have Ha Ni" There was a moment of silence again. "Dad, please stop, I'm fine…" Ha ni's voice was softer now. Seung Jo could notice that her father was right, something was wrong. And he strangely felt a weird feeling of guilt. "You don't have to force yourself, Ha Ni, I'm worried about you!" Oh Ki Dong said with a louder voice. Ha Ni didn't answer.

"Maybe you should just try to be yourself" Oh Ha Ni's father continued. She's always acting like herself, Seung Jo thought. "You're saying this now?" Oh Ha Ni sounded calm but Seung Jo could hear she was annoyed. "It's too late now isn't it? I'm sorry dad but I'm not feeling like talking about that right now. This is useless, I'm leaving" Seung Jo was too late to get away, Ha Ni was already descending the stairs and saw him. They stared at each other, and then she continued walking, avoiding any more eye contact. Seung Jo kept staring in front of him until he heard the front door close. She was surprising him more and more. Wasn't she the stupid, happy and clumsy Oh Ha Ni? When did she get so serious? "Ah, Baek Seung Jo" He looked up and saw Oh Ha Ni's father coming down. "What was that about?" The words slipped out of his mouth. "Oh you heard us?" He paused for a moment. "It's nothing". Oh Ki Dong patted Seung Jo's shoulder and went to the living room.

Seung Jo had never been interested in Oh Ha Ni. At school she always used to admire him from a distance. She then suddenly came barging in their home with her dad, and Eun Jo's room and his privacy suffered from it. Her looks didn't really attract him either. But somehow, in a strange way, she was making him want to know more and more about her.

 

 

 

 

AN: I'm really sorry for the slow progress. And with that I don't mean the updating, but just how the story itself is progressing x_x

I'm really slow right now, but vampires2rocks is giving the push I need with her ideas 3 So again thanks ^^

So here I go, two new chapters!