Living a Lie

LiVing a Lie

 

My name is Oh Ha Ni. I'm shy, energetic, clumsy and stupid.

The last one is actually a lie. Everyone thinks I'm stupid, but I am not… The story behind it goes like this.

Back when I was in elementary school, I was the smartest girl in class. I skipped grades, got all kinds of prizes, and was even in the newspaper once. First I was proud, my mother and father always complimented me. I felt really special. But the kids at school disgusted me. I always couldn't help acting smart, or give the answer when someone else didn't know. Everyone hated me, and I didn't have any friends. When my mother died, everything became worse. My father and I decided it'd be better to move somewhere else, change schools and start a new life. And a new life, that's what I wanted. I was sick of being smart, and promised myself the following: I would go through life as someone who's stupid. I'd bring myself to the lowest class ever, and change myself. I had to get bad grades on purpose, but I didn't care. I just wanted to be someone else.

And that's when I started to make friends. There were other people who were 'stupid', but I really liked them. We could make fun together and laugh about the things we didn't know. Well, the things I pretended I didn't know. This was the life I always wanted, and my father allowed me to. "As long as you're happy" is what he said. Although there are times when I doubt if it's right, to act like someone you're not.

I've always been satisfied with this. Until now. My father and I moved for the third time into a new house, but the house collapsed because of an earthquake. Now we're staying with my father's friend, and the father of my biggest crush ever, Baek Seung Jo. I love him, I'm really in love with him. But believe it or not, he's the smartest guy I've ever known, and he disgusts me because I'm stupid!

Now I'm struggling with these confusing feelings. I don't know if I love him enough to break my promise to myself, and change again to make him love me.

 

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

whooah,, sorry for a short story.. but please read the chapter 2. hehe :D