Lost Hope

LiVing a Lie

 

AN: Three new chapters ! Woah! I noticed this story was getting quite long, so I felt like I had to slowly work towards an ending,

so that's what I'm doing now. Thanks for reading until now!


"WHAT IS THIS?" Oh Ha Ni yelped. She, Go Min and Joo Ri were standing at the announcements board, together with a huge crowd. On the board was a picture of her embracing Soon Chun the previous day. "Who took this?" She quickly took the picture from the board. "Oh Ha Ni" Joo Ri and Go Min said slowly but teasingly. "Is there something you need to tell us?" They asked. "Well-" They suddenly looked around and noticed there were more pictures of them spread around the school. People were pointing at her, and she looked up when she heard the familiar voice of Soon Chun. "What's going on here?" He asked, and he saw Oh Ha Ni standing in the center of attention. All heads turned to him and he looked around with raised eyebrows. Oh Ha Ni felt very uneasy and heard people whispering and mumbling about her.

"I heard she also stayed the night in Baek Seung Jo's room, is that true?"

"What? She fixed two teachers?"

"What a !"

Soon Chun sighed and grasped one of the pictures. "Who did this?" He bellowed, holding the picture in the air. The crowd was abnormally silent. "If the person who did this won't be honest and tell me today, I'll have extreme measures when I do find out who did this. Spreading rumors like this, disgusting" He put the picture in his pocket and motioned they had to leave to their classrooms. Oh Ha Ni looked up at him and he looked back. "I'm sorry" He said but she shook her head. "It's okay" She smiled and he smiled back. "Alright, go to your classrooms" He said one more time, and they separated. "I'll tell you later about this" She mumbled and the girls nodded. Her smile had already disappeared. This was not okay at all!


"I see, so that's how it is…" The girls were at the same bench again, and Oh Ha Ni had explained everything. "Geez, your life is quite complicated" Go Min said wide-eyed. "Yeah, like a TV series!" They laughed and Oh Ha Ni joined, but she wasn't actually really laughing. She was really worried; she and Seung Jo hadn't had eye contact during class, not even once. It looked like he was avoiding her. Could it be, because of the picture? No way.

"Look at her"

"Yeah, she's a total "

"How pathetic"

"Ewww"

"Why those two handsome teachers?"

"Wonder who's next victim"

Oh Ha Ni felt terrible. She was walking through the school and she felt this awful feeling of déjà vu. People talking behind her back, insulting her, the glares, it was horrible. She was glad when she finally reached the classroom. "Seung Jo" He looked up from his desk at her. "Ehm…" She looked away, why felt it so awkward to look him in the eyes now? "Ehm… about Soon Chun…" "I know already" He interrupted her and Ha Ni looked up in surprise. "Know what? It's not what you think!" She protested, and Seung Jo sighed. Everyone just saw the picture, but he, Seung Jo heard the conversation.

"I loved you, Oh Ha Ni" "I loved you too" They were talking about the past, but that picture proved to him that there still had to be playing something between those two. He sighed and grabbed the papers he was working on. "Seung Jo, I wanted to say, there's nothing –" "– why bother explaining yourself to me?" He suddenly barked and Oh Ha Ni fell silent, looking at him with big eyes in shock. They stared in each other's eyes, but Oh Ha Ni couldn't find the warmth in his eyes he had the previous days. He was back to the cold and mean Baek Seung Jo again. "Yeah…" Seung Jo was surprised when she seemed to fake a smile. "Why am I even bothering?" She said, still smiling. "Because I love you, Seung Jo, that's why!" If she only could say that to him. If she only had the courage to say that to him! But the fear of being rejected for the second time was taking over control; she couldn't tell him her feelings now he suddenly seemed to be back to the old Seung Jo. The Seung Jo that wasn't nice and would never love her back.

"Never mind" She walked away, leaving Seung Jo behind. He wanted to stop her, grab her, hold her, but it had finally been confirmed that he was too late. The passionate feelings she had for him long ago, weren't possibly there anymore. For the first time he thought of himself as an idiot. He had gathered hope, the past few days. He thought the way Oh Ha Ni acted, was because she loved him. Thinking back about it, Oh Ha Ni had always been like that. She always hugged and friends, and there he went, thinking she loved him. What a fool.

All the hope Oh Ha Ni had gathered the past few days, all the hope of Seung Jo loving her back, it felt like it was shred to pieces by that one cold look he had given her. She sobbed a few times and then wiped the tears away. Ah well, it couldn't be helped. She had been rejected before anyway. "Oh Ha Ni?" She looked up and saw Soon Chun approaching her. "Soon Chun! Hey.." She quickly wiped her eyes with her sleeve, but Soon Chun already took her wrist and moved her hand away to look at her teary face. "You're crying! I know, it's something terrible they did" He said as he gently wiped her tears away. "It's not that" Ha Ni sobbed. "I just.. I thought.. these days, I had hope! I thought I had a chance of Seung Jo loving me back but… now…" She cried again and Soon Chun hugged her. "Doesn't he?" He asked while caressing her head gently. "He – he acted so mean towards me just now" Ha Ni sobbed. "Just like he always did" She sighed and leaned her head against Soon Chun's chest as he comforted her. "I think –" Soon Chun started, but they were interrupted by a sound and quickly looked, but saw no one. "I think I should just go" Oh Ha Ni said as she quickly pulled back, and she smiled at Soon Chun. "Take care, and please don't worry, it'll be okay" Soon Chun said as he waved her goodbye. "Thanks, I will!" she answered.

Around the corner was Seung Jo, the cause of the sound they just heard. He was on his way back to the dorm but when he saw a very disturbing scene: Oh Ha Ni in Soon Chun's arms, he had quickly turned around to hide behind the corner. They weren't allowed to see him. He sighed and turned to walk the same way back to the classroom when he felt a hand on his shoulder. "Baek Seung Jo! What are you doing here?" Soon Chun asked with a happy face. "Nothing" He replied. He shrugged the hand off and as fast as he could he walked back. "Hey! Wait!" Soon Chun yelled but he was already far away.


Instead of going back to her dorm room, Oh Ha Ni went to the bench where she had been able to talk to Seung Jo, where the happy moments with him had started. She quickly glanced at the window but saw that the classroom was empty. Then she sat down on the bench with a smile. It seemed so long ago that Seung Jo was sitting there next to her. Maybe he was just acting nice to her because he pitied her, and now he probably found out that Soon Chun was by her side, he didn't care anymore. Now she had someone else to pity her and he could go back to acting mean again. Ha Ni sighed. She was such a fool for believing he actually liked her…

"Look who we have here!" Oh Ha Ni looked up and saw a group of old classmates approaching her. She got up from the bench and backed away. How had they found her? "What do you think you're doing miss Oh Ha Ni? Being all close to both Soon Chun and Seung Jo" One of the girls said with a bossy face. She looked at the people who were slowly approaching her, causing her to keep backing away. A couple of girls and also a few guys from her old school. The group that also bullied her most at her old school.

"An ugly and nerdy girl like you doesn't deserve to be so close to those men, they're way too handsome for you" The girl said, followed by an evil and girlish laugh. Ha Ni gasped when her back touched the wall so she couldn't back away even more. The group closed her in and she desperately looked around to find a way out, but she couldn't go anywhere now.

"Yeah now you're scared huh? Got anything to say before we teach you a lesson?" One of the guys said with a smirk, and Ha Ni flinched at the words 'teach you a lesson'. "I-it's not what you think… honestly" Ha Ni felt so scared she could hardly speak. The group laughed again. "It's not what we think? Hah! You've always been a bad person Oh Ha Ni! From a nerd to a filthy , how far can you go? You're so pathetic!" One of the girls said and she walked towards Oh Ha Ni and grabbed her hair. Ha Ni screamed in pain when the girl pulled her hair. "Don't think you're all high and mighty now!" She said and Oh Ha Ni quickly managed to cover her face before everyone started throwing mud and sand at her. When Oh Ha Ni sat on the ground, curled in a ball to hide from all that was thrown at her, they stopped.

"We're done here, do what you wish, just show her how filthy s are treated" One of the girls told the guys, and she and the other girls snickered before taking off. Ha Ni trembled with fear as the three guys approached her with evil grins on their faces.