The First Day with B.A.P

Lina's Boarding House: All Aliens Welcome

When they returned home, the large house felt so inviting and comfy. Just one of the changes that happened when boarders arrived.

You flicked on the lights, feeling a smile spread on your face when you heard the noisy aliens behind you, talking loudly and remarking excitedly on the things they saw in Seoul. It was no longer silent and lonely when you came home, which oftentimes happened since Antonio was away all the time.

Daehyun saw the little smile and thought it was the most beautiful thing in the world. He touched her shoulder to get her attention and pointed at her face.

You were confused for a second. "Huh? Is there something on my face?"

Daehyun rolled his eyes and shook his head. This time, he pressed his fingertips against the corner of your mouth, just barely grazing your lips.

You felt your cheeks grow warm at the sudden contact. What was he doing?

Daehyun pulled away, feeling a little bit of electricty go up his fingers, and looked at you questioningly. Finally, you got it.

"Oh -- the smiling?" You laughed a bit and touched your own lips. "Well, because Antonio is always away, so usually I'm all alone in this house."

You scowled at the clueless look on Daehyun's face. "I'm sure YOU don't think it's a problem. You hardly ever talk, I bet you love being left alone. But I hate it. I like being around people." You sighed, your shoulders slumping a bit. "Except I don't really have friends, so I'm alone almost all of the time."

Himchan, who was eavesdropping nearby, immediately exploded. "WHAT? Why? Who are these idiotic earthlings? Why won't they be friends with you?"

Thanks to Himchan's shouting, the rest of the aliens focused their attention on this. Zelo frowned. For once, he actually agreed with the General. They should be falling over themselves to be near Lina! She's so cute, and sweet, and pretty, and smart, and kind, and gentle, and cute, and sweet, and....... He shook his head before his thoughts started to repeat themselves.

Daehyun was angry too, although he didn't vocalize his feelings like Himchan did. Nevertheless, his eyes said it all. Are these teenage earthlings stupid or something? Because of their foolish mistake to not be friends with Lina, she suffers from it!

"No, i-it's not like that, guys!" You said quickly. "I do have friends, I mean.....I'm not alone or anything at school, not really......I have people I can smile and say hi to, and I can talk to them. It's just that.....we don't eat lunch together, and we don't hang out after school together. The most we've done is do school projects together."

You blushed and mumbled quietly under your breath, "I wish I could have friends who will do things together with me."

You didn't mean for B.A.P to hear that, but of course they did, with their enhanced alien hearing.

"Don't worry, noona!" Zelo chirped, bounding over and hugging you. "WE'LL be your friends! We can do everything together! You can take us to eat more ramyeon, and ice cream, and cherry tomatoes, and we can go skateboarding, and, and, and, and we can go to amusement parks and malls!" He racked his brains for more fun things to do.

You gave him a small laugh and pushed him away. "Yeah, right, guys. You're aliens, remember? You want to take over my planet. And you can't stay here forever. You'll have to leave sooner or later."

There was an instant gloom that settled over B.A.P when they were reminded of this. Himchan sighed. That's right, I'm supposed to be devising plans to take over Earth. Not be with Lina. But.....but....

You felt bad when they looked so somber, so you quickly tried to cheer them up. "Hey, think on the bright side of things!" You said, clapping your hands together with a smile. "Whether you take over this planet or not, we can still do fun things together! I'll take you to shopping malls, and Lotte World! We'll go eat all sorts of delicious earthling food! We can even go swimming in my pool, alright? There's plenty of stuff you can do to enjoy your stay on Earth!"

Yongguk's eyes widened slightly. "And you're willing to take us?"

You beamed at him. "Of course! I mean.....well.....we're friends, aren't we?"

There was a small silence. "YEAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!" Himchan cheered, wrapping you in a big hug and spinning you in a circle until you grew dizzy. "LINA, WE'RE FRIENDS!!! FRIENDS FRIENDS FRIENDS!!! WE'LL HAVE SO MUCH FUN!!!!"

"Go away!" Zelo squeaked angrily, throwing himself at Himchan to pull him off of you. You staggered, your head spinning, and Jongup quickly grabbed your arm so you wouldn't fall face-first onto the floor.

"T-thanks, Jongup," you stammered, clutching your head in an effort to stop the spinning.

Jongup's cheeks turned pink. "No problem," he whispered with a shy little smile.

The rest of Sector B.A.P were watching in amusement as Zelo and Himchan got into another fight.

"Unfair unfair unfair! You can't hug Lina! Only I can! Me!" Zelo yelped as they struggled on the floor.

"I can do whatever I want! You're nothing but a robot!"

"I wanna switch Generals!! Yongguk hyung will listen to me, we'll switch Generals!"

"Try it, and I'll shut you down for good, punk!"

"Somebody stop them!" You said desperately.

Youngjae rolled his eyes. "Why? Just let them kill each other -- the two loudest aliens will finally shut up."

"But....but....but...." You finally got an idea. "Youngjae, if you stop them, I'll show you what a television is."

Youngjae frowned, but looked immediately interested. "Tel-e-vis-ion? Is that a sort of electronic?"

"Yes, it is! A big wide-screen, flat-screen electronic that you can watch videos on!" You said desperately.

Youngjae nodded and seperated the scuffling duo. They broke apart, glowering at each other. They looked about ready to start another fight.

"Zelo, I have cherry tomatoes for you," you said wearily. "And Himchan, you can help me take care of the others, alright?"

That instantly got their attention. They both perked up and obediently ran over to your side.

"Come on, the living room has the television." You led them there.

Yongguk facepalmed silently. I am the leader of Sector B.A.P, and they still barely listen to me. But all it took was a few words from Lina, and they follow her like puppy dogs.

He smiled slightly. You're a strong girl, Seo Lina.

*****************************

"Alright, so this controls volume, and this controls the channels," you explained as patiently as you could to Youngjae, who was curiously examining the remote control. "Just be careful where you put it, because here on Earth, remotes tend to disappear and turn up in the least likely places." You remembered once you lost the remote for a week, only to find it in the bathroom. How that happened, you didn't know, but Antonio most likely had something to do with it.

Youngjae's eyes widened. "So.....these little rectangular boxes have the ability to teleport?" He studied the remote control in fascination. "How utterly brilliant! Your earthling technology never fails to impress me."

"No, it doesn't have the ability to -- you know what, never mind. Just never mind. Here, try turning it on." You pointed to the power button.

Youngjae pressed it, but nothing happened. You giggled. "Point it at the screen, dummy."

Youngjae scowled and blushed. "I knew that!" He pointed it towards the television and pressed it again. The news . The aliens all jumped and scrambled away from the device in shock, while you stayed in place, laughing your head off.

"What is this?" Jongup asked curiously, inching towards the television on all fours, his eyes wide. "What are they talking about?"

"This is a station where they talk about news happening in South Korea and all over the world," you explained. "This way, everyone knows what's going on. They tell you about the prices of things such as gas, and important news that is anything from killers to celebrity gossip."

On the screen, a reporter was commenting on things getting worse in Sudan. "See? That place they're talking about is a country, but right now that country is in lots of trouble. We're very lucky to live in a well-off, first-world country. Antonio always tells me that."

Daehyun ignored the jealous little jab inside of him when you once again mentioned your godfather. So, there are places in this world that are as ruined as our own planet, yet there are other places like South Korea that are perfectly fine? How diverse.

"Here, change the channel." You pointed to the buttons on the remote. Youngjae expertly pressed them.

The channel changed, and a cartoon was on. The aliens jumped a bit at the sudden change, but were instantly curious again.

"What is this?" Zelo said, bouncing up and down and pushing Jongup away to stare at the screen in excitement.

"A cartoon," you explained with a smile. "People draw them, then animate them on computers so they can move."

"Hey, look! It's a bunny! And a duck! But they're talking! I don't get it. Why are they talking? Can animals talk on this world? And look, that man has a gun! But why doesn't it kill the animals when he shoots? Hey, that bunny dressed up as a girl! Why is the man in love? I don't get it. But then he's shooting them again! And the duck keeps getting hit! The bunny is really smart. I like bunnies. Are there bunnies on Earth? Why --"

"SHUT UP!!!" Himchan threw a pillow at him.

"I WANNA CHANGE GENERALS!!!" Zelo shrieked, ready to pounce again.

"Zelo, shut up and sit down," Yongguk growled. Instantly, Zelo sat down, motionless, next to Jongup. The two young aliens sat cross-legged on the carpet and stared in wonder at the cartoon like they were little kids.

"They're so cute," you giggled to yourself, looking at them fondly. Zelo's smile widened and Jongup's ears turned a violent shade of red.

"What?" Himchan jumped up. "What about me? Am I cute too? Am I?"

"You're cute too, Himchan," you said quickly before the alien could have a fit.

"All of you shut up," Yongguk added, sitting on the floor and looking through the many DVDs you owned. "What are these things?"

You went over to him. "These are DVDs. See how it's a thin little disc? You put them in that machine over there -- the DVD Player -- and you can watch movies on the television."

"What are movies?"

This was a bit hard to explain. "Um, um, well....." You struggled to find words. "It's kind of like a story, except they get people to act it out. So, it's kind of like a play, but they film it and add music and special effects and stuff, and it, er, well....."

Yongguk interrupted her. "So it's a story. A story you can watch, not read."

"Yes, exactly!" You smiled at him, grateful that he caught on so fast. Yongguk turned away, his cheeks pink. "Can we watch one?"

"Sure. Pick whatever you want."

Yongguk poured over the videos, reading the back and staring hard at the pictures and the title as though this was serious business. You bit your lip to keep from laughing. Daehyun noticed and grinned behind his mask.

Finally, one caught Yongguk's attention. "This one!" He held up Pearl Harbour.

"This one? Sure." You turned to Youngjae. "Can you press the button that says Input?"

Youngjae obediently followed her orders.

"Okay, now move it down to Video."

He did. The others jumped when the screen suddenly turned blue.

"What happened? Where's the bunny and the duck?" Zelo wailed, jumping to his feet. "Did they escape from the man with the gun?"

"Sorry, Zelo, but Yongguk wants to watch a movie," you said kindly. "How about you help me put the movie in, alright?"

Instantly, Zelo was happy again. "Okay!" He bounced next to you, and you showed him how to turn on the DVD Player and put the disc in.

"You have to be careful, alright, Zelo? These things are very delicate. They can easily break."

"Like you, noona?" He asked curiously.

"M-me?" You blushed. "What? I'm not delicate!"

Daehyun snorted audibly, and you whipped your head around to glare at him. He stared back at you, his eyes glittering with mischief. You could barely breathe over just a little bit of running. You are the most delicate, breakable thing I've ever met, Seo Lina.

The movie started. To set the mood (it was their first time watching a movie, after all), you turned the lights down and made popcorn. They curiously ate the snack, liking it tremendously.

You couldn't help but notice they were all watching the movie intently, as though it was very serious. You tried hard not to laugh.

When the first explosion came, Yongguk gave a yell that shocked you and almost made you drop your handful of popcorn. He scooted closer to the screen in excitement.

"What is this? A war? This is a war, right? Is there explosions? Guns? Blood? Death? This is great! Amazing! I didn't know you had movies like this! A war movie! War movies!"

This time, you burst out laughing. You've never heard Yongguk sound so excited over anything before. It was a very childlike cuteness.

Yongguk blushed and ducked his head.

"If you like war movies, Yongguk, we have plenty others you can watch," you said kindly, so he wouldn't be too hurt by your laughter.

Yongguk smiled in delight at the thought of watching so many war movies. For the first time, you noticed he had a very nice smile. Feeling slightly red, you hugged a pillow to your chest and was glad the room was so dark.

*************************************

"Alright, it's getting late, we should get to bed," you said with a yawn. "But we need to sort out who sleeps where, right?"

"Don't worry!" Himchan said expertly. "We've dragged three bunk beds into that one big room across from yours, and we divided ourselves accordingly to it, if that's alright with you!"

"No problem," you smiled tiredly. "Well, then, good night."

You made your way to your room, when you suddenly heard Zelo yell out, "Wait! Noona!"

"Yes?"

"What's a 'bedtime story'?"

You paused. "You don't know what a bedtime story is?"

"Nope."

"It's a story, usually a fairy tale, that parents often read to their children when they're young. Classic stories like Cinderella and Snow White and....." you stared at them. "Well, you probably don't know those. But.....your parents never told you stories?" Do aliens have parents?

Yongguk shrugged uncaringly. "Aliens don't meet their parents. Once they are born, they're parents drop them off at the military and disappear."

He saw the look on your face and blushed, muttering, "Not a big deal."

"It IS a big deal!" You said hotly, horrified at the thought of never knowing a parent's love. You were very young when your parents died, but you still remembered them tucking you in at night and reading you stories until you fell asleep. For a time, when you just moved in with Antonio and you couldn't sleep because you missed your parents too much, Antonio would read to you. When he left, other boarders who were kind would take up the habit and read to you as well. So you've always grown up with the stories.

"Get into bed, I'll be right back," you said firmly.

Curious, the aliens changed into the pyjamas you found for them in Antonio's closet and crawled into their bunk beds.

"What is she going to do?" Jongup asked quietly.

Daehyun pulled off his mask enough to answer, "Dunno" before snapping it back in place again.

You reappeared, this time holding a big book in your hands.

"Since you've never had anyone read you bedtime stories before, I'll read them to you," you said importantly.

"But you said they're for children," Zelo added, pouting. "I'm not a child."

"Ssh!" Himchan shushed the robot. "Read to us, then, Lina! Whatever you want!"

You laughed and grabbed a chair, settling it in front of the three bunk beds. You opened it up to the first story.

"Once upon a time, there was a widower who married a proud and haughty woman as his second wife. She had two daughters, who were equally vain. By his first wife, he'd had a beautiful young daughter, a girl of unparalleled goodness and sweet temper. The stepmother and the daughters forced the girl into servitude, where she was made to work day and night in menial chores....."

The aliens listened with wide eyes. You had a way of telling the story with that clear, expressive voice of yours that made them enthralled. You weren't the prettiest girl in the world, you didn't have the sweetest voice or the kindest personality, but when they stared at you, you looked like a goddess.

You deepend your voice for a man's dialogue, and made your voice go higher for a woman's. You changed your voice for each character, so it seemed like the people were genuinely real and conversing with each other.

Finally, you finished the story with a satisfied "The End" and put down the book. "Did you like it?" You asked them with a smile.

"It was pretty," Zelo murmered sleepily.

"I liked it," Jongup whispered.

"Me too," Youngjae grinned.

"I loved it!" Himchan smiled.

"It was nice," Yongguk mumbled.

I like hearing the sound of your voice, so everything is fine with me, Daehyun thought to himself.

You smiled and was about to leave the room and let them sleep. But then you realized you forgot something very important.

You climbed up to the top bunk and pulled the sheets tighter over Yongguk. He turned to you in surprise. "W-what are you doing?"

"Tucking you in." You gave him a sweet smile. "Goodnight, Yongguk. You're not as bad as you seem."

You climbed down the steps and tucked in Himchan's sheets. "Goodnight, Himchan. You really are very sweet." The ulzzang alien smiled happily.

You went to the next bunk bed and climbed the steps. "Goodnight, Daehyun. You annoy me with that mask, but I suppose you're alright."

Daehyun smiled at you from behind his mask, his eyes twinkling.

Next was Youngjae. Pulling the blankets over him, you said, "Goodnight, Youngjae. You may be a know-it-all, but you're a good guy." His cheeks turned a light pink and he quickly turned over.

The next bunk bed contained Jongup. "Goodnight, Jongup. You're quiet, but you're very kind and gentle." Jongup blushed and pulled the covers farther up until they reached his nose.

Lastly was Zelo. "Goodnight, Zelo. You're a very cute robot, but we need to do something about that troublemaking edge." Zelo giggled and squirmed happily when you tucked the blankets it.

"Goodnight, guys." You said. "Sweet dreams." You turned off the lights and closed their bedroom door.

Smiling to yourself, you headed to your own bedroom for some good night's rest. If they've never had parents to tuck them in at night, then you were more than willing to take on the responsibility. Maybe some good, old earthling love would make them feel better in this strange, unfamiliar world.

*********************************************

Creds to Wikipedia for giving me the beginning lines to that Cinderella story.

Normally, I serously hate fairy tales. I read the Grimm's Fairy Tales on my eReader, and honestly, it's bull. If you look closely, they're basically saying all stepparents are evil, all bad people are ugly, and all the good people are beautiful, and prince charmings only fall for their beauty.

Anyway, I finally finished my bull-of-a-story Battlefield of Beasts and Blood, thank god. It was so damn confusing.

I really like writing about other groups not just Beast too, because I've written like what? 8 stories about them? 9?

I think the next non-Beast fanfic I'll write will be an Exo one. Or a Block B one. Both have good ideas.