Worth a Hundred

Lina's Boarding House: All Aliens Welcome

Hey guys, sorry this took so long. I got a fever and I had to miss a day and a half of school (which , because if you miss a single day of high school you're screwed over), and afterwards I felt like total crap and couldn't bother writing. At least now it's Christmas break ^^

And then while I was writing (and watching Mary Poppins, don't ask) I accidentally hit the power button and shut off my laptop. So I rage quit. This happens a lot, you see, and I lose so much stuff this way.


You cleaned yourself up as much as you could and went out to find the three aliens, who have been looking for you everywhere. You pretended that you did not just have a mini-breakdown and run into a bathroom with tears in your eyes. They didn't say anything either, although they did give you concerned looks when you didn't notice.

"Listen, you guys should be fine. Just be nice and polite and talk to people." You glared at Daehyun, who smirked behind the mask.

"Well, school is about to start soon, let's see where your homeroom classes are." Jongup and Daehyun handed you their timetables.

You looked them over. "Well, looks like you guys are all in different classes."

"What? We are?" Jongup looked like he was about to cry. "B-but ... I wanted to be in Lina's class ..."

Daehyun narrowed his eyes at Youngjae, who smirked. "I said I'd take you guys into Lina's school, but I never said I'd put you in the same class."

The school bell rang. "Oh no, it's starting! We have to get to class!" You shot them worried looks. "Maybe I should take you to your classes ..."

"No, they're fine," Youngjae said smoothly, putting an arm around your shoulders and steering you down the hall. 

"," Daehyun muttered. "Yah, where's your class?"

Jongup stared at the paper. "Umm ... 212, I think ... is that upstairs?"

"Maybe. I'm at 146, I think it's that way. Be careful, alright? Don't say anything that might reveal yourself."

Jongup nodded, looking absolutely terrified. He slowly made his way upstairs.

Daehyun walked into his class, uncomfortably aware that people were watching him very closely. The hairs on the back of his neck began to stand up. It reminded him of his several thousand years growing up at the army when all the officials watched his every move, trying to find something unsatisfactory and then smacking it out of him.

Needless to say, he didn't like it at all. What were they all staring at, anyway?

Suddenly, a bunch of giggly red-cheeked girls ran up to him. "Hello, are you new here? Your hair is so blonde, do you know that one new boy, Yoo Youngjae?"

Daehyun didn't know what to say, so he just nodded.

"Oh, that's nice. Um, so what's your name? Why are you wearing a mask?"

Daehyun wasn't sure what to say. Well, he COULD answer them, but what was the fun in it? Besides, it wasn't quite fair that he would waste his breath talking to these strange earthling females when he didn't say anything to you.

So he just walked away and found an empty seat.

He could hear the girls whispering away. With his super-tuned alien hearing, he could hear every word.

"Well, that was rude, don't you think?"

"We were just being curious!"

"Ooh, but he's so cute~ ... even with that mask covering his face, I can tell!"

"Maybe he's shy!"

Daehyun rolled his eyes and let out a small groan behind his mask. How superficial. If these were the majority of the students in TS High, he was GLAD you weren't friends with them.

He hoped Jongup was faring better than him.


"You're new, right? What's your name?"

"J-Jongup ..." he whispered meekly.

The girls all shrieked and giggled and cooed. "Jongup?"

"Ooh, Jonguppie~!"

"So cute!"

He buried his red face into his arms, wishing they would all go away.

The girls shrieked with laughter. "Ooh, so shy!"

"Sooo cute!"

"Hey, do you need help around the school, Jongup? I would love to show you around!"

"Lina, please help me ..." He whimpered tearfully.


"Are you sure they'll be alright?" You said to Youngjae as you took your seats. "I mean ... our school isn't exactly famous for attractive students. With boys like those arriving, the girls are going to have a field day."

Youngjae shrugged and smirked. "What? You saying we're attractive?"

Your cheeks turned pink and you slapped his arm. It just hurt your hand without doing anything to Youngjae at all. "You are so infuriating!"

"I try, madam."

"Oh, you ...! Ugh!" You crossed your arms and glared at the front of the classroom, huffing.

Youngjae chuckled to himself, looking pleased. 

Taena and her posse walked past, Taena purposefully bumping into your desk and sending your books flying to the floor.

"H-hey!" You bent down to pick up your books, Taena and her friends snickering above you.

"You alright?" You heard someone mutter. You looked up to see Youngjae, bending down with you and helping you put the books back onto your desk.

Taena and her friends stopped laughing.

"T-thanks ..." you mumbled, self-consciously tugging at a strand of hair.

Youngjae suddenly smiled, looking warm, and ruffled your hair. "If you ever need help, don't hesitate to ask, silly Lina."

"Why bother helping HER, Youngjae-ssi?" One of Taena's friends said rather shrilly, looking outraged. "I mean, she's a loser who has no friends! It's social suicide!"

Youngjae frowned at her. "I'm her friend."

With that simple retort, he turned away from the baffled girl and stood up, and with a surprisingly polite gentlemanly motion, he held out his hand and helped you up.

"B-but --" the girl spluttered. Taena held up her hand, and the sulking girl fell silent.

"Don't make a fool out of yourself anymore, Juhyun." Her eyes glittered maliciously as she sneered at you. "We obviously don't want to intrude upon Lina's pure little friendship, now would we?"

You glared at her. You know Antonio always said it was a bad thing to 'hate' somebody, but right now, 'hate' was the only adjective strong enough to describe what you were feeling for Taena right now. "Why don't you make like a tree and leave, Taena?"

Taena smirked. "If you insist, Loserina."

You clenched your hands into fists and willed with all your being that she might trip and fall flat on her stupid pretty face.

No such luck.

You sighed.

"Hey." You felt someone nudge your arm and you turned to look at Youngjae. He gave you a little grin. "Just saying this, but don't waste too much of your time fuming over that earthling. You're worth a hundred of her."

You couldn't help but blush and smile. "I, well ... thanks, Youngjae."

You went through the rest of the class before lunchtime with a smile. I am Seo Lina, and I'm worth a hundred of Taena. I'm worth a hundred of her.

You've never felt so satisfied. 

Suddenly, the teacher froze in the middle of his lecture. Everyone stared at him, then stared at the window.

You looked over just in time to see one of the windows smash to pieces and a figure burst into the room.

There was a long silence as everyone stared in shock at the cute boy with the curly blonde hair.

"Where's Lina noona?" He demanded, looking around the room. "Where is she?"

"Zelo?" You squawked, before slapping a palm over your face. "Oh, dear god."