Annoying Aliens!

Lina's Boarding House: All Aliens Welcome

When you arrived at school, you went straight to your classroom, which was empty. Just the way you liked it. You sat in your spot somewhere in the middle of the rows, pulled out a book, and started to read.

Unfortunately, your mind was still warped around B.A.P. You just couldn't get their hurt, pained expressions out of your head. You felt so guilty for yelling at them. They were stupid aliens, they didn't know any better.

If I show them more of the outside world, they'll quit being so dependent on me and we can have more fun and freedom, you decided firmly. And I will apologize the second I get home. I'll even buy them ice cream, I'm sure they'll like that...and I'll let Yongguk watch a war movie, and I can show Youngjae how to properly take out toast so he won't burn himself....

Just the thought of hanging out with them made you smile to yourself. It's been so long since you've had boarders, and not to mention they were kind of your friends too -- albeit REALLY WEIRD friends. 

It's not like you were a loner, you just weren't close to anybody. For some reason, you just didn't 'click' with anybody you met.

The bell suddenly rang, startling you out of your thoughts. You quickly pushed those silly aliens out of your head and focused on your book as students slowly began to trickle in.

"Hi, Lina!" A few called, smiling and waving. You did the same. That was about as much friendliness as you got with your classmates.

Suddenly, a hand flew out and slapped the book out of your hands. You gasped as the book fell to the floor. A brief wave of irritation flashed through you as you lost your page -- nothing annoyed a reader more than losing their page. 

"What's your problem, jerk?" You snapped, before realizing all too late it was Taena who did it. Of course.

"Excuse me? Did you say something?" Taena smirked at you. Oh, how you hated her so much. What you wouldn't give to smack her smug little face right now.

Antonio's words flashed into your mind: "If you fight fire with fire, all you'll do is create more fire."

And, of course, Antonio was right. If you hit Taena, not only would you sink to her level, you'd also get into hot water with her, her friends, and the teachers, because there was a pretty big chance Taena would try to get you in as much trouble as possible.

You could just IMAGINE her putting on makeup to make it look like she was hurt bad. "Oh, seonsaeng-nim, it was horrible, she just came up and hit me out of nowhere! Beat me black and blue, look, I have a black eye! Oh, it hurts so much, how could she do this to me? I never did anything to her!"

You gritted your teeth. "No."

You slowly picked up your book and slid it back into your bag.

One of Taena's friends giggled and flipped her hair. "Yah, Seo Lina! Those guys you were with the other day? They're totally hot! Can I have their numbers?"

"Sorry, they don't like easy girls," you said before you could help yourself.

The girl flushed an angry red and glared at you. "Why you....do you think you can keep them all to yourself or something? Huh?"

You just smiled sweetly at her and said nothing. It's not like they had cell phones to begin with anyway.

Taena just rolled her eyes. "Relax, Miyoung, she's just playing with you." She smirked down at you. "I don't know who those guys were or what kind of connection you have with them, but I'll find out sooner or later."

Then she walked back to her seat; just in time, too, because the teacher just walked into the classroom and you were already halfway out of your seat to punch her lights out.

You lowered yourself back down, fuming. Why did she hate you so much? You never did anything to her!

But you knew the cold truth. Fact is, most bullies don't need a good reason to bully others. All you had to do was do one thing to annoy her, and she could target you for the rest of your life.

"Alright, everyone, turn to your books. Open up page 121. We're starting on the history of our economy today...."

You sighed as boredom started to overtake you. You glanced out the window. The sky was blue, the brids were chirping, and you could practically feel the crisp air. If only you could finish school already. 

You always felt a bit guilty of never caring too much about school like other students did, but Antonio was filthy rich and even TOLD you not to bother. He said he would find a job for you when you graduated from high school anyway. Perhaps you would be his assistant and travel all over the world with him.

You smiled softly to yourself, already filled with daydreams of visiting Egypt's pyramids and riding on camels. Or scuba diving with whales. Or running after penguins in the Arctic. Or....

"Sir, Seo Lina is daydreaming again!" Taena's voice cut through your dreams.

"Seo Lina! Pay ATTENTION!!!"

"S-sorry, seonsaeng-nim!" You yelped. A few students giggled at your reaction, and you blushed. You turned to glare at Taena, who just smirked back at you. Hateful little....

You turned back to the front and TRIED to focus on the lesson, but once again you were drawn to the windows. It looked so beautiful outside, if only lunch would arrive and you could walk around for a bit....

Blonde.

Your eyes shot wide open, and if you didn't catch yourself in time, you were quite certain you would have jumped up in shock -- or at least fall out of your chair.

You knew it. It was just a flash of colour, maybe a trick of the light. But you knew better.

You were certain it was a flash of blonde hair.

Your heart pounding, you knew Taena was watching you, waiting for a moment when she could get you in trouble again. You forced yourself to look calm, as you continued staring out the window.

You saw it again. Followed by a blue jacket.

You knew that curly-blonde hair anywhere! It didn't matter if he was too far away to clearly see the face -- you knew Zelo anywhere.

You felt your hand start to hurt, and you realized you were clutching the edge of your desk so hard your knuckles were turning white. You quickly released them and massaged your fingers.

What were they doing here? How did they find you? How did they even know what school you were going to? And for that matter.....What would they do when they DID find you?

You couldn't let them see you, no matter what. And, once again, irritation began to boil up in you.

Darn it, why couldn't they just WAIT at home like you told them to so you could apologize to them THERE?!

A head popped up near the window. A blonde hair. 

Instantly, you were out of your seat and crouching underneath the table. Everyone turned to stare at you.

"Seo-yang, what ARE you doing?" The teacher said, annoyed.

"N-nothing! Nothing!" You said weakly, making flapping gestures at the teacher. "I-I am experiencing some minor paranoia issues!" Well, that was pretty true. "P-please continue with the l-lesson, I'll be f-fine!"

"Seo-yang, get back into your seat immediately, this is ridiculous --"

"I feel faint! I feel woozy! I think I'm going to throw up! Please continue with the lesson, I'm listening!"

The teacher stared at you some more, and so did everyone else. A few were laughing. Your cheeks burned, but you'd rather face embarrassment than a bunch of crazy blonde aliens.

Finally, the teacher went back to his lesson. The students ignored you too, although a few still whispered and sent glances your way to see if you were still there.

You saw the alien -- it might have been Jongup or Yongguk -- peering through the window at a safe distance, but instantly it disappeared at the last moment. You breathed a sigh of relief. He didn't see you.

You were just about to stand up and get back into your seat -- and you even felt brave enough to face Taena's taunts -- when the door suddenly opened.

The teacher paused, irritation in his voice from all the interruptions. "Yes? Who are you?"

"Hello, I am the new student here." A very familiar voice broke through your thoughts. "Is this the right homeroom?"

You froze. Staring wildly as the teacher's legs walked over to the doorway. "Hmm, yes it is. What's your name?"

With a sinking heart, you knew who it was before they had to say it. "I'm Yoo Youngjae."

"Very well. Welcome, Yoo-gun. If you could please take a seat next to....."

Please, not me! Not me! Dear god, why is this happening? Not me! Please! Not meeeee!!!!

"....Seo Lina."

You internally groaned. Of course. OF FREAKING COURSE the only empty seat would be one next to you. Of COURSE.

"Seo Lina?" Youngjae's voice was amused. Yes, of course he would be. Jerk.

"Yes, she is currently being difficult and hiding underneath her table." The teacher's voice was beyond annoyed now. "Seo Lina, get up this instant, or I'm sending you to the principal's office."

You grimaced and slowly got to your feet, hair messy, face red, and staring at your shoes. You didn't need to look up to know Youngjae was grinning wickedly.

"Alright, take your seat. No more disruptions, for the love of god!"

You sat back in your seat and hid your face, refusing to look in his direction. You pretended not to notice the boy next to you, who was trying to get your attention.

"Lina! Yah, Seo Lina! Liiina!"

He nudged your shoe with his foot. You ignored him and continued hiding behind your messy hair.

"Yah! Seo-Li-Na. Yah!"

You ignored him.

A few moments of peace, before a little paper ball landed on your desk. You couldn't just IGNORE that.

You unfolded it. In neat, almost freakishly uniform handwriting (it looked like it was typed up on a computer) were the words, Are you happy to see me?

This freaking alien....he even had the nerve to draw a little alien smiley face next to it!

You grabbed your pen, scribbled a big fat NO, and tossed it back without another glance.

The paper was returned almost two seconds later. What could he have written so fast on it?

You unfolded the paper and gaped at the lengthy paragraph scrawled onto there. Most of it was just a long-winded explanation of how he hacked into the school computer systems and signed himself up as the new transfer student, followed by a lot of high-tech numbers and words you didn't understand. It finished the page-long explanation with a bunch of symbols you didn't recognize and were pretty certain was Mato language, followed by another alien face.

You didn't bother answering. You just threw it back at him.

The bell finally rang, signalling the start of lunch. You grabbed your books and shoved them into your bag, about to stomp away without another glance in the alien's direction.

A hand shot out and grabbed the back of your backpack, making you yelp and nearly trip backwards.

"Yah, how come you kept ignoring me?" Youngjae demanded, looking irritated. You glared at him, trying hard not to think about how cute he looked in TS High's uniform. No need to get distracted.

"Excuse me? Do I know you? You're just the new transfer student!" With a huff, you pushed his hand away and stomped out.

You decided not to bother apologizing. Who said they were allowed to go to your school and ruin your normal, human life? How dare they?

Before long, Youngjae had caught up with you again. "Yah, are you still mad about this morning? I was just curious to see how this school thing goes --"

You grabbed his wrist and pulled him outside, where there were less people and a little more privacy. "Yah, it has nothing to do with this morning! If you wanted to go to an earthling school so badly, why did you have to go to MY school?"

Youngjae blinked at you. "Because this is YOUR school."

"So?"

"So I want to go to YOUR school."

"But you, you -- you -- AAAAAARGH!!!" You ruffled your hair in exasperation. "You stupid ali -- you stupid boys are going to drive me crazy someday!"

"Noona!" Zelo ran forward and tackled you into a hug. "Noona, do you still hate us? Are you still mad at us? I don't want noona to be mad at me! I'm sorry, noona, please don't hate me!" Zelo blubbered and sniffed, causing a few students to stare in your direction.

"Okay okay okay, calm down, Zelo! I'm not mad!" You said quickly, before there was a full-out commotion. Zelo looked up at your tearfully. "R-really?"

"Yes, yes, yes, now please stop! You're making a scene," you begged.

There was a rustle in the trees above you, and Daehyun suddenly dropped down from nowhere. You jumped and clapped a hand to your mouth to avoid screaming aloud in fright.

Daehyun smiled at your reaction. She's so cute.

You narrowed your eyes at him once you got over your fright. "What are you doing here? You're not supposed to be here!"

Daehyun waved cheekily at you, making your cheeks turn red with anger.

Daehyun couldn't help himself. He reached over and pinched your cheek lightly.

"Yah! What are you doing?" You slapped his hand away, and Daehyun fought back a laugh. 

"Lina?" Himchan appeared from the corner of the building and ran forwards, pushing Zelo away and hugging you instead. "I was so worried for you! Look at all these earthlings! Any one of them could be a danger to you!"

"Himchaaaan!!!" You groaned, pushing away the alien. "Stop it! Darn it, don't tell me Jongup and Yongguk are here too!"

"Who's here?" Jongup said right behind you, making you jump and squeal in fright again. "I'm here?"

"Not you too, Jongup!" You slapped a hand over your face. Jongup fidgeted nervously. "Are you....are you mad that I'm here?" He stammered sadly.

As usual, you couldn't stay angry for long at the shy alien. "Oh, no no no, it's not like that....it's just...."

"Seo Lina." Yongguk's deep voice made you jump once again (Daehyun and Youngjae quietly snickered). Yongguk held out a tray of food. "I found that 'cafeteria' place and got you lunch. They kept asking for earthling money so I told them to bug off and walked away."

"You -- oh, no, YONGGUK!!!" You stomped your foot. "You don't DO that around here! And I could have gotten my own food with my money! You didn't have to do that, now you'll get in trouble...."

"I highly doubt they'll do anything to hyung," Youngjae said with a chuckle. It was true. Today Yongguk wore a sleeveless top that showed his muscles, seemingly oblivious to any sort of chill in the wind at all. Along with his grim expression, he looked even more formidable than usual.

"Yongguk, you can't go around threatening people," you said, struggling to keep yourself calm before you exploded. You'll yell at them later. "That's not how things work around here."

"Why not?" He said bluntly.

"Because.....because....because you can't get whatever you want through force!" You struggled to make him see the ethics of it.

He just stared at you. "But I can."

"No you can't! You can't....um.....ummm....." You thought of a comic you once read and said, "Love!"

"W-what?" The aliens stared at you.

"You can't get love through force! Not true love, anyway." You grinned, triumphant at your words. "Oh, and air! And friendship! You can't get those with force anyway!"

Yongguk fell silent, contemplating these with an almost childish curiosity.

"What is this, noona?" Zelo poked at the food tray. "Is it ramyeon? Can I eat it? Is it cherry tomatoes?"

"No, Zelo, no.....aish, why did you guys have to come BOTHER ME??!!!!!" You glared at Youngjae. "This is all your fault, you stupid Brain!"

Youngjae smirked. "It could've been worse, Lina. I could have signed up EVERYONE instead of just me."

Himchan glared at him. "Yah, I want to go to school too! Why didn't you sign ME up?"

"Because I'M smart and YOU'RE not."

"It's true."

"Shut up, Zelo!"

"I WANNA SWITCH GENERALS!!!!!"

You groaned and facepalmed once more. This was going to be a long, long lunch break.

 


Hey guys! Sorry it's been forever. My mom took away my laptop again so I was forced to go on a....what was it? A two-week hiatus?

Geez, guys, I'm sorry.

I'm also apologizing right now for being to plan another story to add to my NEVER-ENDING LIST because Block B's comeback came out and I LUH-LUH-LOOOOVE it, so of course fanfiction ideas have exploded in my brain and I'm going literally crazy because of it.

Peace out! Love ya, readers!