Going To Town

Lina's Boarding House: All Aliens Welcome

When everyone finished eating, you began to stack all the plates together. Since there were more plates than usual, it was very heavy. Your hands began to shake the second you lifted them up.

Smoothly, Yongguk grabbed the plates from you. You stared at him. There had to be about thirteen or fourteen plates stacked on there, yet he was carrying them with one hand like it was nothing.

"Do I put these in the sink?" He asked you. You nodded blankly. "Um, yes.....t-thank you." You were still a bit uncomfortable at how nice he was sometimes.

Yongguk silently placed the dishes in the sink before walking away. You pulled on rubber gloves and began to wash the dishes as the aliens scattered around to aimlessly wander the house.

You felt a light tap on your shoulder. Jongup shyly smiled at you. "If you want......I could help....." He whispered.

You beamed at him. "Thank you so much, Jongup! You're so sweet!"

Jongup turned bright red. He ducked his head and took a rag and began to help you.

Himchan stared in shock. She smiled at him........and she called him 'sweet'.......I WANT HER TO CALL ME SWEET TOO!!!

"ME TOO!!!" He yelled, running over. "I WANNA HELP TOO!!!"

"Oh, um, o-okay," you stammered. "Can you help dry them?"

Himchan placed his hands on his hips. "Only if you saw I'm 'sweet'."

You blinked. "Excuse me?"

"Call me 'sweet' and I'll do it," he repeated.

"Um, sure. It's sweet of you to help......" What's the big deal? Aliens are weirdoes.

"You wanna help too, Youngjae hyung?" Jongup asked. Youngjae scoffed. "As if. I have better things to do that menial house chores."

You raised an eyebrow. "You're sitting on a counter. Come on, Youngjae, there's, like, fifteen dishes here. It'll take forever to clean them all without some help." You turned to Zelo, who was sitting blankly at the table and staring at you. "Zelo? Do you want to help?" You asked.

Zelo continued to stare at you, his face looking like 0_0

Finally, he said in a robotic voice, "SHUTDOWN, SORRY."

Then there was a loud clicking noise, and he collapsed facedown onto the table.

Daehyun rolled his eyes from his usual spot against the refridgerator. What a kid.

"Ummm, what just happened?" You squeaked in a tiny voice.

"Sorry about that," Himchan cheerily apologized. "Whenever Zelo encounters a tough situation to get out of, he shuts himself down. He'll wake up in a few minutes."

Indeed, by the time you finished putting away all the dishes, Zelo woke up again, as happy and cheerful as ever. "Lina, can we go outside? I'm bored in here! I wanna go out and play!"

You looked them up and down. The aliens were all wearing dirt-stained army-like clothes. "Umm, you better change first. There might be some things from Antonio that might fit you."

Youngjae frowned. "Who's Antonio?"

Daehyun scowled behind his mask. Who is this Antonio guy? Why are his clothes in Seo Lina's house?

"Antonio is my godfather," you explained. "This is his house originally, he made me inherit the Gajok Boarding House before he went out for work." The aliens all sighed in relief.

"What about your parents?" Yongguk asked with a frown.

"They died," you said matter-of-factly. Yongguk instantly felt guilty bringing it up. Dammit, stupid, of COURSE her parents are gone. Why else would she be staying with her godfather?

"It's alright," you added hastily, seeing the expression on Yongguk's face. "Really. They died when I was very young. I miss them, but I really love Antonio and I love the Gajok Boarding House, so it's alright. I'm happy." Although school is definitely a whole 'nother story, you thought to yourself in exasperation.

You led them upstairs. Before you could take another step, Himchan said "It's the biggest bedroom down the end of that hall, right? Last door on the left?"

You glared at him. He smiled sheepishly. "When you were passed out, we -- er -- took a look around. How else would we find your bedroom?"

Oh, god. Please don't tell me they saw my Kpop posters! You cringed in embarrassment and hurried to Antonio's room. You opened the huge, walk-in closet and began to look through the clothes.

"These might fit you." You threw several pairs of pants and shirts out to them. "Wear these, okay? See if they fit."

Jongup nodded and pulled his shirt off.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!!" You shrieked, grabbing a random jacket hanging from a coat hanger and pulling it in front of your face. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING??!!!"

Jongup was confused. "You told us to change......"

"NOT WHILE I'M IN HERE!!!" You yelled. "I'M A GIRL!!!"

There was a long silence. "And......?" Zelo prompted.

"AND THERE ARE SOME THINGS YOU JUST DON'T DO IN FRONT OF A GIRL!!!" You exploded. "CHANGING IS ONE OF THEM!!!"

"Yah, remember those lessons Governor Hyosung gave us about men and women?" Youngjae reminded them. "You know.......those lessons?"

They all shuddered at the memory.

"Ah....." Jongup looked down at his bare chest, then meekly looked at you. "Sorry."

"I-i-it's alright," you stammered, looking anywhere but him and edging sideways out of the room. "Y-you didn't know any better. J-just don't do it again.....okay? I'll be going now....."

You dashed out the room and slammed the door behind you. "Darn these stupid, hot aliens!" You fumed, slapping your red cheeks.

When they finally came out, your jaw dropped. They all looked even hotter now that they were wearing 'Earthling' clothes.

 20120214_bap_1stlook.jpg

They began to compare each other's outfits.

"You don't look that bad, maknae," Youngjae smirked at Zelo. "Although I still look the best."

Daehyun gave Jongup a thumbs-up.

"These pant materials are uncomfortable," Yongguk complained. He squatted down. "They feel all tight around the knees."

"They're called jeans," you explained. "Everyone wears them on Earth. You'll get used to it."

"What do you think, Lina?" Himchan smiled. You blushed. "You guys look -- good....."

'Good' was a huge understatement. In fact, compared to the adjectives running through your mind, 'good' was barely a compliment.

All the same, Himchan looked delighted, Yongguk looked embarrassed, Jongup turned bright red, Youngjae looked haughty, Zelo looked pleased, and Daehyun smiled behind his mask.

"I'll show you guys the backyard, I guess." You led them back downstairs and outside.

"WOW!!!" Zelo ran forward. "LOOK!!!! A HUGE INDENTATION IN THE GROUND FILLED WITH WATER!!!"

He bent down and cupped his hands in the huge pool, preparing to drink from it.

"NO, ZELO!!!" You ran forward, grabbed his shirt, and pulled him backwards. "THAT'S NOT NORMAL WATER, IT'S POOL WATER!!! YOU CAN'T DRINK THAT!!!"

"Why not?" He whined. You wrapped your arms around him in an attempt to pull him away from the pool's edge.

"Because it is super salty and has chlorine in it, so it might make you sick," you tried to explain. "Plus, this is an outside pool. Who knows what happened to it?"

Zelo wasn't paying attention to a word you were saying. He was more preoccupied with the way your arms were around him. He would have liked to stay that way forever, but Himchan quickly got jealous and pulled you away.

"So, what IS this water used for?" Youngjae demanded.

"Swimming."

"Really?" He stared in disbelief at the water. "You Earthlings sure waste your resources."

You scowled. "You won't be complaining when you actually go swim!"

Daehyun was watching the butterflies fly all over the huge garden. He felt a wave of sadness wash over him. Mato Planet used to be so lush and beautiful like Earth.......but ever since the Company came to power, everything just.....died.

You saw him standing alone and walked up. "Are you thinking of things?" You asked curiously. "Or do you just like to be left alone?"

Daehyun shrugged. Yes, I was thinking of things. But I don't mind having you bother me. I like listening to you talk.

You huffed in annoyance. "Yah, seriously, what's with the mask? Can't you talk?"

Daehyun nodded.

You scowled. "But you're not going to, huh?"

He smirked and nodded again.

"Aish! Annoying aliens!" You threw your hands up into the air. Then you turned around and freaked out, "ZELO WHAT ARE YOU DOING??!!!"

Zelo had somehow opened your garage and appeared carrying a skateboard. "What is this?" He held it out to you, blinking in a confused way.

"It's a skateboard, see? You go like this, and balance your weight, and kick off like this......" you showed him how to do it. You were a bit shaky (it's been years since you outgrew your 'tomboy' phase and quit skateboarding) but you got the hang of it.

Zelo jumped up and down with excitement. "Lemme try! Lemme try!"

The second his feet landed on the board, it was like he had skateboarded all his life. He easily rolled around.

"That looks like fun," Jongup mused.

"You kidding me? What happens if you fall?" Himchan shook his head in exasperation.

"Zelo?" You called when he rounded the corner of the house. "Zelo?"

He didn't answer.

You ran around the side of the house and came out to the front. Zelo was skateboarding down a hill and heading towards town.

"OH MY GOD!!!" The rest of the aliens ran out. "What happened?" Yongguk demanded. "Are you okay?"

"No I am NOT okay! Zelo's going into town!" You began to run after him. "ZELO, STOP!!!"

He didn't hear you and continued to skateboard away.

"We have to bring him back!" You yelped at the other aliens, who immediately began to follow you as you raced down the hill after Zelo.

An alien walking around alone in a normal, human city? Oh, god, I am SO SCREWED!!!