Lotte World And Naming Ponies

Lina's Boarding House: All Aliens Welcome

"What is this metal monstrosity?"

"Yongguk, it's called a roller coaster."

"Why is it so high up?"

"Because that's what makes it FUN."

After a brief but rather unpleasant situation at the ticket booth, you had finally managed to get the six hyperactive aliens into Lotte World. They were staring at everything with both excitement and nerves.

Bringing back Zelo's memories took a while. He remembered his love for cherry tomatoes and skateboarding, and he quickly relearnt how to use the toaster and the remote control, but he forgot trying to drink out of the pool, or heading into Seoul and eating ramyeon. It was tough for Zelo to listen to the others laughing over something that he didn't remember happened, but he tried.

And now it was the weekend, and as promised, you took them to Lotte World. The bus ride there was a nightmare. Yongguk glared at everyone who was nearby, daring them to pick a fight. Himchan and Zelo were squawking loudly as they fought over a window seat. Youngjae looked like he wanted to steal the ticket machine to see how it would work, and girls kept on giggling at Daehyun, who ignored them spectacularly.

All in all, you sincerely hoped you could get your driver's license soon. You never realized how much you wanted your own car until this day.

"Okay, what do you guys want to do first?" You asked brightly. "And ... please don't go wandering off on your own. Lotte World's big, and you can get lost."

"What's that?" Jongup asked quietly, pointing to a stand selling giant fluffy bags of pink and blue cotton candy.

Those were the first things you bought them.

"What is this?" Himchan stared at the bag. "Is it safe to eat?"

"I don't know what life was like on Matot Planet, but around here, anything earth -- people sell is safe to eat." You chuckled and tore off a handful of your own pink candy, letting the sugary goodness melt in your mouth. 

The aliens still stared nervously at each other, convinced it wasn't safe. Yongguk was the first to react. He copied your movements, pinching only a little bit and eating it.

"It melted," he said in surprise.

"Yeah, that's what it does."

"It melted faster than I thought."

"It does that."

Looking relieved that their leader didn't die of any sort of food poisoning, they all tore open their bags and began to eat. You expected Himchan would love it, and he did. Daehyun was being annoying as usual and turned away to eat it privately. Zelo jumped up and down as the sugar got to him.

"Can we ride one of these things, noona?" He begged, pointing at the roller coasters. "Please? They look like fun?"

You hesitated, but looked up at them longingly. You absolutely adored roller coasters. When you were younger, Antonio would take you to all sorts of amusement parks. You rode the craziest roller coasters as soon as you were old and tall enough to ride them.

"Well ... if you can all hold your stomachs, let's do this!"

"Awesome!" Zelo cheered with the rest of the aliens, then paused. "Wait ... hold our stomachs?"


As expected, about half of them ran to the nearest bathroom to puke their guts out. You sighed and waited outside.

Surprisingly, Himchan was one of the aliens who survived the ride, although he looked a bit pale. "Are you trying to kill us, Lina?" He asked mournfully. "Is that why you pulled us onto that death trap?"

"Well, maybe you guys shouldn't have chosen the biggest, fastest, highest roller coaster for your first time," you snapped, trying hard not to burst into laughter. "I thought you guys were indestructible. Let's just say I'm not AS scared of you all as before."

Himchan suddenly frowned. "You were scared of us?"

You hesitated, wondering if you really should have said that, then shrugged. "Well, you guys WERE aliens. And you convinced me by making Yongguk stab himself and then bend my knife in half. You have to admit, it's a bit nerve-wracking living with six guys who could easily kill me if they wanted to."

Himchan suddenly grasped your shoulders and looked you firmly in the eye. "We would never hurt you, Lina. Do you understand? Never." He gave her a tiny little shake just to emphasize his point. "If someone tries to hurt you, we would probably kill them. But we would never, ever want to hurt you. In any way."

You nodded, feeling heat crawl up your cheeks. "Y-yeah, alright. I-I got that."

Himchan gave you a sweet smile. "Good." Then he stood up and burst out laughing. "You look GREAT, Yongguk!"

"Shut up," Yongguk growled, looking embarrassed as he staggered out of the bathroom. He still looked a little green.

You were surprised that Daehyun was one of the aliens who got sick. Judging from his everlasting silence and cocky attitude, you would have assumed he'd be immune to just about anything.

Turns out, he was terrified of roller coasters.

"Let's try something a little less terrifying then," you suggested. 'Merry-go-round?"

Some of them jumped at the idea, but Yongguk refused flat-out. "I will NOT go riding on a stupid fake pony round and round in circles," he insisted stubbornly.

The mental image made you burst into laughter, which made him all the more embarrassed.

"Here, then." You handed him some money. "Go buy yourself a hot dog or something. Just, try NOT to threaten the life of anyone there, alright?"

Yongguk shrugged and wandered away.

Youngjae, completely forgetting his cool attitude and recent roller coaster sickness, all but dashed to the merry-go-round. He and Zelo engaged in a brief but violent war on who should claim the pretty white pony with the sugar-pink mane. Zelo won, and Youngjae scowled before claiming another horse, this one a dark black with a blue mane.

You rolled your eyes at them. "Children." You found one of the only normal-looking ponies there, a simple brown horse with a white diamond shape on its forehead. 

"Noona, I'm calling mine Cotton Candy!" Zelo said proudly, patting his pony on its pink fiber-glass mane. 

"Why?"

"Her hair is the same colour as my cotton candy!"

"Why is it a 'she'?"

"What kind of idiot boy would have PINK hair?"

"What about you, Youngjae?" You called to the blonde alien a little bit ahead of you. "What's your horse's name?"

Youngjae made a face. "Do I have to name it? Come on, what am I, five hundred years old? Please."

"Just humour me," you said, making a face back. Youngjae chuckled, then looked thoughtful, before saying, "Jam."

You snorted. "Are you serious?"

"Same colour as the blackberry jam at home, can you blame me?"

You asked the others. Besides Cotton Candy and Jam, there was also Instant Ramyeon, Cauliflower Monster, Nacho Cheese Dip, and Beans.

You wondered if all they thought about was food.

"What's yours called?" Jongup asked.

"Umm ... Minyeon."

They stared at you. "Well, that's boring."

"Fine!" You threw your hands up into the air. "I'll call her Chocolate, if you really want."

"Yay!"

The ride jolted to a start. The aliens looked a bit nervous once it picked up speed, but when they realized it wasn't going to drop down fifty feet and go upside-down in circles, they relaxed.

"This is kinda fun," Himchan admitted, grinning.

"Amusement parks ARE fun," you laughed as you felt the breeze. "I haven't been to Lotte World in years. It's great to be back."

"We'll go again sometime, if you want," Youngjae suggested a bit gruffly.

"Next time, we'll get Yongguk onto one of these."

"If we all tackle him at once, and if Zelo knocked him out ..."

You smiled as they excitedly conspired over Yongguk's downfall. It was nice, going to the amusement park with friends. You've never done that before.

When the ride was over, they hopped off and saw Yongguk waiting for them, eating a hot dog that appeared to be covered in just about every condiment known in history.

"Is that good?" Jongup stared jealously at the food.

"It is. And you're not getting any."

"Well, what do you guys wanna do now?" You asked. "Another ride? Food?"

"I wanna play with Cotton Candy again!" Zelo insisted.

"Maybe later."

"Can we go on that ride?" Youngjae pointed in its direction.

Daehyun pointed at another one, looking interested.

Himchan and Zelo immediately began arguing over what ride to go to next.

Before it turned into full-blown chaos, you quickly intervened. "Guys, guys! We'll go on everything, okay?"

"Okay!"

You sighed, wondering if you said the right thing.


"I have never been so tired in my entire life," you groaned, shuffling your way to the bus stop.

"You did say we could go on every ride," Youngjae added pompously.

"Shut up, alien. I didn't think we'd actually do it."

It was already dark, as the sky quickly slipped from sunset to nighttime. You and the others had stayed at the park until it closed. Every single muscle in your body hurt from running around all day long, but you couldn't deny it was fun.

"I'm exhausted," Himchan whined.

"Save it for someone who cares," Yongguk growled, looking irritated. Zelo had shut down in the middle of the road and he was forced to carry the sleeping robot alien to the bus stop.

Daehyun chuckled. "You said it."

You froze and tripped over your own feet.

"Y-you -- you just spoke! Just now!" You pointed a shaking finger at the masked alien, who simply raised an eyebrow. "J-just now ... y-you ... you SAID something!"

Daehyun, despite being an alien, was weary from all the excitement and running everywhere. He even forgot he was supposed to be annoying you. He just shrugged.

"What? You're not going to say anything now?"

Daehyun grinned behind the mask, his eyes glittering.

You scowled. It was only three words, and he spoke them so naturally you could barely recall it anymore. You remembered it sounded different, but you couldn't quite place it.

You hoped you might distract him into saying something again later.

Yawning, you watched as the sky slowly began to turn from deep red to dark blue to black. Zelo's head was resting on your shoulder as you rode the bus with six sleepy, yawning aliens back home.