Becoming Landlady

Lina's Boarding House: All Aliens Welcome

A/N: Yeah, can't think of anything for my other fics, so I'll update this one since it's fresh on my mind. Also because I thought the last chappie was kinda boring.....


"Yah, which boarding-whatever should we choose?" Youngjae asked, attempting to peek over Himchan's shoulder. He was reading the map.

"How about.............this one?" Himchan poked at one dot in a city labeled 'Seoul'. "It's called Gajok Boarding House." For some reason, I feel like this is 'it'. I have a weird feeling that this is what will start it all.....

"Well, tell me how to get there!" Yongguk demanded irritably. "We're nearing South Korea, we have to land fast before any Earthlings see our ship!"

"Okay, okay!" Himchan told him the directions.

There was a sudden commotion behind them. They turned around to see Jongup cowering under his chair, and Zelo blinking and looking confused. There was glass shards on the floor.

"What just happened?" Youngjae demanded. He looked to Daehyun for an explanation, and he shrugged.

"Hyungs, where am I? What's going on?" Zelo whined, fluffing out his blonde curls.

"I-I was drinking water when s-suddenly he woke up and smashed the glass," Jongup whimpered, curling into a ball.

"Yah, come on, get up." Youngjae pulled him out from under the chair. "Sit back down, we're landing soon."

"Where are we, hyung?" Zelo bounced up and down on his chair, looking excited.

"In a place called South Korea."

"Where are we staying? Are we staying with Earthlings? Can we stay with female Earthlings? I heard they're really pretty....."

The others toned out his annoying chatter, until Yongguk couldn't take it anymore and said, "Zelo, shut up."

Zelo instantly closed his mouth.

"Yah, it's so unfair!" Himchan whined. "How come Zelo only listens to you? If I try to order him around, he runs out of batteries!"

"So this is Seoul?" Youngjae, Jongup, and Daehyun stared out the windows in interest. They were nearing the city.

"We're going to land a bit farther away," Yongguk instructed the others. "We'll go back to that Gajok Boarding House place after we hide the spaceship."

"Got it," they said. The spaceship zoomed closer and closer to the ground before --- WHAM!!! It came to a stop in the middle of a farmer's field, debris everywhere.


You followed the speeding light until it disappeared somewhere in the distance. You felt a slight rumble and shaking under your feet, but that was it.

What in the heck was that all about? You shook your head and walked up the long driveway. You and Antonio lived in a rather big, private home compared to the houses in Seoul, so it was a little ways off on the outskirts of the city.

 static-home19-740.jpg

You smiled when you entered the large foyer. "I'm hoooooommmeeee!!!" You called out.

A few moments later, Antonio appeared. "How was your day, Lina?" He asked me as he helped you take off your backpack. It was a weird thing to do, but Antonio was Italian and was always taught by his mother and grandmother to take care of ladies.

Antonio, obviously, was not your real parent. You were fully Korean. He was your father's best friend and your godfather. Sure, he was definitely weird, but you loved him like a real father.

"You won't believe my day," You complained. "Taena got me in trouble in all my classes! I didn't even do anything wrong!"

Antonio nodded and listened to you as you headed to the kitchen. That was the best thing about Antonio. He always listened, no matter what.

".....and --- oooh, someday, I just want to smack her!"

Antonio chuckled at that as he made some snacks. "Well, from all the stories you tell me, Lina, it sounds like this Taena girl deserves it. But you know what I always say....."

"I know," you sighed. "Violence doesn't solve anything. If you fight fire with fire, you only create more fire."

"That's my girl," Antonio handed you a plate of cookies which you greedily began to eat up. "I know you'll be able to take care of yourself while I'm gone."

You choked on a cookie. "G-gone? Where are you going NOW, Antonio?"

"Places," he said vaguely. "You know how my job is."

Actually, you had no idea what Antonio did for a living. You didn't even know how he could afford such an expensive home. After a while when he kept on dodging the question, you gave up asking.

"Alright.......when will you be back?" You hated living in the house alone. The place was almost always filled with people, travelers and other boarders back when this place used to be Gajok Boarding House. Then a few years ago, Antonio decided to close it down because he had to leave home for long periods of time, and he wasn't there to supervise them.

Ever since then, you've hated hearing the silence in the big house.

"I don't know, it's a big project this time. Maybe a couple months to a year."

You gasped in horror. A whole year without Antonio?

Seeing the devastated look on your face, Antonio quickly patted your hand. "It's alright. I thought long and hard about this, and I've decided to reopen the Gajok Boarding House."

"Really?" Your eyes shone with delight. "But.....you won't be here to take care of the boarders!"

"That's why I've decided to let YOU take over, Lina."

You were shocked. "M-me? Inherit the boarding house?" But you were only 17 years old! You haven't even finished high school yet!

"I know it's a big responsibility, but I believe this is exactly what you need to gain more responsibility and independence. Plus, you won't be so lonely. I've already done all the paperwork; you have officially became the Landlady of Gajok Boarding House two hours ago!"

You couldn't believe it. Finally, no more long days sitting in the huge house or playing in the pool alone by yourself! You finally had boarders again! Things were never boring when boarders were around --- some of the weirdest, craziest people come through.

"This is daebak!" You squealed. Antonio laughed and ruffled your hair. "Good to hear. I have to go soon, though....think you'll be alright for this long?"

You gave him the thumbs-up. "Don't worry, Antonio. I'll make sure the house is still standing when you come back!"

A few hours later, when it was around twilight and the sky was turning dark, Antonio had his bags packed and a taxi waiting outside. You gave him one last hug and felt tears well up in your eyes.

"Don't you start that, now," Antonio instructed you severely. "Remember what I always say......"

"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened," you repeated quickly.

"That's my girl. I won't be gone forever. I will be back before you know it."

"Have a good trip!" You stood outside and waved until the taxi drove away with your lovable, eccentric godfather inside.

Smiling a bit sadly, you walked back inside. Until some boarders arrived, you were alone. Again.


"Himchan, hurry up and do some work!" Yongguk barked as he shoveled more dirt.

"I'm --- too --- tired......" Himchan panted, leaning against his own shovel for support. "Yah, why are you only complaining about me? Look at Youngjae, he's not even trying!" He pointed accusatoringly at Youngjae, who scoffed and examined his nails.

"Youre a general. Now pull yourself together."

Himchan whimpered and painfully began to shovel again.

"Explain to me why we're burying our spaceship again?" Yongguk asked Youngjae, scowling childishly.

"Because we have to hide the evidence," Youngjae said, before turning to Jongup. "Did anyone see us?"

"Some guy with a white beard. It's okay, I took care of him." Jongup grinned as he continued to shovel. He was barely breaking a sweat. Beside him, Zelo was shoveling at a lightning-fast pace.

To them, it was a long and tedious process. To mere human eyes, if anyone ever saw this, they only saw blurred figures moving at the speed of light, digging and shoveling faster than what was humanly possible, as a spaceship sunk lower and lower into the ground and disappeared completely.

"There." Yongguk patted the ground, then stepped back to admire the work. The entire hill had been dug up and replaced with the spaceship remains beneath it. You couldn't tell it had recently been mauled and then put back together.

"Now, where's this Gajok Boarding House?" Youngjae demanded, stretching. "My muscles hurt like crazy!"

"You didn't do anything!" Himchan protested. "Anyway, it's over there. Follow the general!" He began to march away.

Youngjae turned to Yongguk, who sighed. "Don't worry, I'll be up there too. We won't get lost."

After a quick trek, they ended up at the front door of your house.

"How do we get inside?" Zelo asked questioningly. "Do we just walk in?"

"No, you pabo!" Youngjae snapped. "You knock on the door, like this........." He lightly tapped on the door with his knucles. "Oooooh," the aliens all chorused when it made a deep wooden sound.

"What if the landlord can't hear that?" Yongguk asked. "It's a pretty big house. You have to really pound on it, like this --" He raised his fist.

"Aaaaah, w-wait, hyung!" The aliens immediately pulled him backwards before he could destroy the door.

"Lemme go, you brats!"

"Hyung, don't do it!" "Please, hyung!"

As they continued wrestling, the door opened.

You walked out with a big smile on your face. "Welcome to Gajok Boarding Hou ---"

You stopped and stared at the six hot boys standing in front of you, their strange clothes and their pale skin stained with dirt.

Well...........looks like my first boarders have arrived.


OMG totally got inspired for my other fanfics! Gotta go write them now! Later~~~