나는 약속한다 (I promise)

The Beastly Neighbors

 

After closing the door behind me, I leaned against the door in awe.

Wow… I just met my boys! I even joked around with Taecyeon oppa! He’s such a dork in person! Khunnie oppa and him even helped me with my luggage. Aigoo… and Jang Wooyoung. His milky white, soft cheeks, small rosy lips. How I’d love to feel those lips against mine… I thought as I unconsciously ran my fingers through my lips deep in thought. Whoa! Oh whoa! Snap out of it! I’m going to be there dorm mom! How awkward would that be if I had these thoughts while I work? I need to be professional. Do you want to be fired and sent back to the states just because you wanted to have a fling with Wooyoung? No. Keep it together, you. Keep it together! I thought giving myself a little “fighting” pose.

“Hmm… I need to start unpacking… eh… I’ll do that later. I wonder if I can get up to the roof top? I want to see the moon and the stars…” I said out loud roaming around the door aimlessly.

Whaa! I got a Smart TV!? And four rooms!? What!? Wait, why are there bunk beds in three of the room?... hmmm… WOW! I got a king size bed, zebra stripped bed sheets and a polka dot comforter with body pillows and fuzzy mini snuggle pillows!? Papa J got style!

”Not a bad dorm…” I said as I plunked myself on the cozy couch.

“Oh shoot! I forgot to call my parents and Jennifer!”

*after calling my parents and Jennifer*

“Ok… done calling, done roaming through the dorm, time to do some exploring around the building. ”

I decided to not change out of my sweats but changed my pink graphic tee into my SENIORS 2011 I shirt from high school. I grabbed my new cellphone and put in my pocket along with my iPod but plugged the earphones in my ears and pressed play.

“Haha! 2PM’s ‘I Was Crazy About You’ is playing…”

After switching off the lights, I slipped out of my door quickly and quietly, trying not to disturb my beastly neighbors next door.

I tip toed off to the elevator and pressed the 7th floor. In the elevator, I started to hum along to the song and bobbed my head back and forth along to the beat.

Oh! I’m here!

I slowly stepped out of the elevator and spotted the stairwell. I walked towards the stairwell and quietly opened the door and peered in, there were stairs leading upward to the roof top. Yes! I’m in luck! I can finally see the whole city!

 

It’s so pretty up here! I thought as I breathed in the summer air. The lights of the city twinkled and the hustle and bustle of the city that didn’t seem to sleep excited me. A chance to live in this wonderful city and be able to work for the dorky guys put a goofy grin on my face.

My goofy grin was wiped off once my iPod decided to play Taylor Swift’s “Forever and Always (Piano Version)”. I started to sing along with my eyes closed and let the somber song fill me up. I let all the emotions from this song and the memories I had with this song engulf me.

 

It rains when you're here
And it rains when you're gone
I was there when you said forever and always
 
You didn't mean it baby
 

A tear drop trickled down my cheek when I felt a warm hand brushed it off.

I jolted from shock only to see Junho looking down at me!

“What, why, what?” I stuttered as back up from him.

“Are you… Ok?” he asked slowly in English with concern in his eyes.

Blood rushed to my face as I finally backed myself up to the wall/ledge.

“How long… Were you there?” I asked slowly.

“Not… very long,” he said “You sing… very good!” he said with an eye-smile.

I let out a small laugh and wiped the last of my tears.

“Beautiful night, huh?” I tried to continue the conversation.

“Beautiful” he said looking up at the night sky.

“Why you come up here?” asked Junho.

I was taken back for a second, didn’t think he’d ask why I was up here.

“I don’t know, I needed to think. I wanted to be out here and to think about everything that’s been going on. How about you?” I said looking back towards him.

He looked at me a little confused but what I said but then seemed to think about what he was going to say next.

“I want to… think too.”

I smiled at the effort and that we’re both on the same page in terms of wanting a place to be alone and think.

“Do you want me to go? I can go if you want to be alone…” I said slowly walking towards the door to the stairwell.

“Anniyo! It’s ok… You can stay,” he said ushering me back

I smiled again at him and walked to stand next to him.

I gave him a sideways glance and saw him looking at the city seeming to think. I pulled out my left earphone and nudged him with it.

“You want to listen too?” I asked without looking at him.

I could see him smile at me and put the earphone into his left ear. 

"Are you... Ok? You were... crying" he said.

I glanced back at him and saw the concern he had on when he wiped away my tears.

I smiled and said, "yes, I was a little sad because of the song. Too many memories..." I said in a sad voice.

He nudged me with his shoulder playfully and smiled saying, "Play happy music"

Funny enough, Taylor Swift's "Fairytale" starting playing and I automatically started singing along and swayed my head back and forth thinking how somewhat accurate the lyrics in the sense that today, felt like I was in a fairytale.

But can you feel this magic in the air?
Today was a fairytale

As I was singing along, Junho decided to join in and we both did a little dance to the song, a little swaying of our bodies and we held our arms out swaying them too.

We laughed at ourselves but we were having fun nonetheless. It was like we had a mutual understanding despite the language barrier. After "Fairytale" was done, I paused my iPod and handed it to him to choose what song we should have next. 

To add to our little "dance party" his face gleamed up when saw "Electricity (220v Remix)" and we both started moving to the beat as the song played.

I can give ya elec-tri-citay! 
Come here, come, let me move yo body,
Baby come here, come here, let me move yo body
Baby give it to me, give it, give to me, girrrllll! 

We both ended up laughing in each others arms as we collapsed on the ground 

"That was so fun! Omigosh, I don't think I've ever done something so random but so fun before!" I said laughing as I pulled out my earphone out of my ear.

"Hahaha! That was fun! You dance good too! What is your name? My name is Lee Junho," he said with the adorable eye-smile and as he held out his hand for a formal greeting.

I took his hand and greeted him with a bow and said, "Annyeonghasayo, my name is you. Nice to meet you!" I said trying to match his eye smile.

"Waah! Your Korean... is not bad! Your name is 예뻐요 (yeppoyo), pretty. I like it! Do you know who I... am?" he tentatively asked. 

I thought about it for a second, he's going to know that I'm going to his dorm mom, might as well tell him the truth. 

"Neh, Junho-shi" I said remembering he didn't like being called "oppa"

He froze for a second with his small eyes widened. Seeing this, I responded with, "it's ok! I won't tell anyone you live here. Secret. Yagsog?" I said holding out my pinky finger.

He smiled a little bit but interlaced his pinky and said, "yagsog."

After promising to keep his identity a secret, we both headed back down to our floor.

"Thank you for being there with me. Good night, Junho-shi!" I whispered to him smiling.

"Good night, you" he whispered back smiling.

 


So... How was it? D'x I hope it was good... Please comment!