Welcome to Seoul!

The Beastly Neighbors

 

After sleeping the whole 11 hours, I finally woke up from what felt like the dead to a dim cabin. I ran my fingers through my hair and found it unruly and tangled so I managed to get up and bee line it to the bathroom without causing too much attention drawn to me.

Once I got to the bathroom, WOW! Talk about bed hair! I had let my hair down while I slept and apparently I tossed and turned because my hair got all frizzy at the ends and puffed up to a mini Afro. Attractive... I quickly ran my hair brush under cold water and tapped off the excess and proceeded to brush through the tangled mess that was my hair. After giving it little to no thought, I decided to tie it up in a high pony tail and washed my face with cold water to wake up. Ahhh, I feel so much better now! Just then the captain's voice was heard:

Ladies and gentlemen, we'll be arriving at Incheon International Airport in about half and hour. It is currently 10:30pm local time and is a cozy 45 degrees Fahrenheit. If Seoul is your final destination, please fill out the customs form before you arrive. Thank you for choosing Korean Air and I hope you have enjoyed your flight this evening.

I looked down and saw my favorite top was wrinkled from sleep and so were my tan khakis. Thinking that since I'd be hopefully meeting Chels in the airport and going straight to the dorm, I might as well change into a pair of sweats and a graphic tee.

After arriving in Incheon, the smell of summer overwhelmed me and so did the realization that I'm finally here in Seoul. Finally doing something I wanted to do for a chance instead of someone choosing a path for me. I straightened my back in confidence but then I heard a shout, "you!!!!!??????!!! Oh my God!!!! you IT IS YOU!!!!!! Come here woman!!!!!" I turned to the source of the shouting to see none other than Chelsie running towards me with a cart filled with bags in tow.

"CHELSIE!!!!! You crazy woman!!!!! BAHAHAHAH!!!!!!" I yelled back running towards her and eventually giving each other a big hug. "how was your flight!!?? Did you sleep and eat good? How was your first time flying?"

"it was really good! The food was GREAT! I slept really good too!!! How about you! Wow you look really comfy!!" she said as she looked down at my sweats and tee with a pair of Nike's on.

"HAHAHAH!! I fell asleep in the clothes I wore so ehh.. Since I was gonna meet up with you and go straight to the dorm so I really didn't care about what I looked like now"

"You crazy woman!!! Oh hey, this is Lee Soo-Man seongsaengmin. Soo-Man appa, this is you. She'll be working as 2PM's dorm mom!"

I extended my arm and put my other hand on the crook on my elbow as I greeted him formally. "Annyeonghasayeo, Soo-Man seongsaengmin. It's a pleasure to meet you, sir."

Soo-Man seongsaengmin greeted me and said, "it's wonderful to meet you too, you. Chelsie has told me quite a bit about you. I hope your flight was comfortable."

"Neh, seongsaengmin. It was fine. Umm, have you seen Jin Young seongsaengmin's assistant unnie? She was supposed to pick me up because Papa J and he boys will be getting here from Japan pretty late..."

Just then he saw a sign with my name and it and said, "Oh I see her! Min-ah! Over here!"

I turned around to see a slim lady with long black hair with bangs and glasses with a black long sleeve shirt and jeans on walking towards us with the sign with my name on it.

"oh Annyeonghasayeo! My name is Go Hye Min. I am Jin Young-shi's assistant that is supposed to pick you up. You can call me unnie if you'd like. I see you've met Soo-Man-shi."

"oh Neh unnie, my friend Chelsie is going to work for SuJu as their dorm mom too. Did you wait long? I'm so sorry if you wanted too long..."

"No, no I just got here. Oh here, I've got a cell phone for you to use during your stay here."

She handed me a sleek black iPhone 4 with a polka dot case. I looked at it in shock for I've never had such an elegant phone before and did a 120 degree bow to Min unnie.

"Kamashamnida unnie! Thank you so much!"

I turned to Chels to see she got one too! A white one with a stripped case. "Do you know your number? Let's exchange numbers!" I said excitedly.

We quickly exchanged numbers and called each other to test it out.

"Ok, I guess we should start heading out. The van's over there near your guys' van so shall we walk over there?" said Soo-Man seongsaengmin.

We got to the van in no time and bid our goodbyes. Within no time I arrived at the dorm after a quick dinner since my stomach was rambling loud enough for Min unnie to hear. As I got out of the van I noticed another van pulling up a few cars down and saw 6 large men getting out to stretch and talk to a 7th person.

Min unnie's eyes widened and quickly grabbed me and whispered, "the boys are back! Jin Young-shi is with with them too! Hurry! Here's the passcode to your dorm! Don't lose it! You're number 10 on the 5th floor. Quickly! They're still getting their stuff!"

Heart pumping and adrenaline going, I quickly grabbed my two suit cases and backpack and proceeded to walk over to the door. A security man held here door open for me as I put my two suitcases down by the elevator and quickly went and grabbed my other suitcase and trolley bag and bid a quick goodbye to Min unnie. "you have my number in your phone! Text or call me if you have any problems and good luck!" she said as I closed the van door.

"thank you again Min unnie! I will definitely text you!" I whispered back.

After finally getting my two bags in, I hear the boys come up behind me just as the elevator door opened. It was big enough for all of us to go in plus our luggage so we all piled inside. I adjusted my iBeats to sling the ear pieces inside my shirt as I tried to collect all four bags with not much success. 

"Oh gosh!!!" I exclaimed aloud in English

Nichkhun and Taec quickly grabbed my bags put them inside the elevator while I grabbed the last two.

"Kamsahamnida! Thank you so much!" I said flustered

"Hahah, no problem" Taec said in English as he flashed his toothy smile while Nichkhun smiled sweetly and said back in English, "your welcome." As we all got in, Nichkhun looked back at me and asked, "what floor, miss?" I blushed when he said "miss" but recovered and thought for a second. If I say 5th floor, they'll automatically know I'm their neighbor! What if I say 6th and have Chels call me so they won't see that I'm not really living on the 6th floor then wait till they get inside then go back down but what if they decide to go out to the store and catch me? Will they think I'm some kind of stalker? Screw it, I'll say 5th floor.. They'll know eventually that I'm going to be their dorm mom. "5th floor please," I said smiling.

The other boys smiled as best as they could despite being tired. My heart skipped a beat once my eyes met those chocolate baby half-moon eyes. My gaze traveled down to his milky white cheeks with those little dimples and small mouth. I let out a weak "hi" to him.

Another smile was given to put my heart on cardiac arrest! What is he trying to do to me!? Kill me before I even get up to my room!? Goodness me...

I yelped when my iPhone started to buzz. All six of them stared at me while I pulled out my phone to read the message. I smiled weakly at them blushing and muttered, "I'm so sorry..."

They laughed at my fail attempt to cover up my embarrassment

I looked down and saw that Chelsie texted me saying, "I MET MY SIWON <3333 he is so much good looking in person!!! A complete sweetie pie too!!!!! And those dimples... AHHHHH!!!! They kill me!!! Have you met your boys yet? How about your Mr. Chicken!!??? O.o"

Just then I heard Junho say something in Korean that I didn't quite catch then the boys gave a little laugh.

Were they laughing at me? Ohh chincha! This is so embarrassing! I thought with my eyebrows knitted together.

What a great way to meet the guys...