Bathhouse Blues and Father/Daughter Talk

The Beastly Neighbors

The rest of the hyungs decided to go to the bath house as you suggested to us. I can't believe she heard me call her weird! I feel SO stupid for calling her that! Aish, chincha... I thought smacking myself on the head as we went to go scrub ourselves.

"Aish... I'm such an idiot, aren't I hyung?" I asked Nichkhun hyung who was walking beside me.

He glanced at me while putting a towel hat on and said, "Yeah. You kinda are. She seemed to take it with ease though, I mean, sure she looked embarrassed when she came out of her room but it's already been said and done. All you have to do now is apologize to her."

I thought about it for a minute, he's right. It's already been said and done, I need to apologize to her as soon as we get back to the dorm. Maybe I should get her a gift? Chocolate? Bananas? Ice cream? What do girls like?! Where's Nichkhun hyung?

"Hyung!" I called out sitting behind Nichkhun hyung ready to scrub his back.

"Mmm?"

"You think I should get her something as a... Peace treaty or something? to show her that I'm really sorry for saying those things about her?"

He seemed to think about it for a bit

"That'd be nice, but bribery isn't the answer to anything. It might cause her to think that she can be easily won over by a gift."

He's right, again. Then what should I do?

"Then, what do I do to show her that I really am sorry? I feel like an idiot for calling her that... She let us in her dorm, she bought us all coffee, she fed us, let us use her TV and everything. Something my big mouth needs a filter...I felt even more stupid for letting my big mouth run

"Tell her exactly what you just told me. You need to be honest with her and she'll forgive you. She has that kind of vibe, trust me on this one" he said smiling at me.

I smiled back and nodded in agreement. "Thank you, Khunnie hyung!~" I said as I gave him a back hug.

"Hahaha, now get back to scrubbing my back then I'll scrub yours"

I laughed, "Yes hyung~"

---

Chet, looks like Chansunggie is getting tips on how to apologize to you for calling her weird.... Oh man! My blood is starting to boil at the thought of him being to thick-minded to her... But at least he's going to apologize and Junho and I won't have to threaten to beat the living daylights out of him... Whoa, why am I getting these thoughts all of a sudden? This is weird...

"Hey Wooyoung-ah, you ok? You look pale..." said Junho-yah worriedly next to me.

"Uhh, yeah I'm fine. Just overheard Chansung talk to Khun hyung about you. He's going to apologize to her tonight I'm guessing"

"Is he? That's good. I thought I would have to talk to him about it later..." Junho said with a slight bite of venom.

"Hey, don't talk in that kind of tone about him! He didn't know what he was saying and he's sorry. What's the matter with you all of a sudden?" I asked upset at the tone he used talking about our maknae. "He's one of your best friends, why are you talking about him so harshly?" I continued

He hung his head low on his chest then looked back up apologetically at me. "I'm sorry... It's just that, I might be developing feelings for you... Junsu hyung talked to me about you and me having feelings for her. He told me that Khun hyung talked to you too. I don't know man, I'm just scared that she might not chose me. I haven't felt like this since I was on 'Music and Lyrics' so I'm kind of unsure how things will end because you like her too. You're my best friend and I don't want our friendship or brothership to end because of a girl, you know? What do I do?" The look in his eyes spelled genuine fear and confusion. His confession shocked me because he didn't seem to want to disclose anything that bothered him that much before. My heart went out to him because I was feeling the exact same thing.

"You know what?" I asked slinging my arm around his shoulders.

"What?"

"I feel the exactly same way. I'm in the same boat as you. Promise me that no matter what happens between the three of us, we'll always be brothers. I'd rather lose a girl than lose my best friend and brother who's been with me for so long. I'll always have your back and support you." I said with much sincerity.

"You really mean it, Wooyoung?" he asked in complete shock 

"Yes, I do. Now promise me!" I laughed holding out my pinky finger.

"Promise" our pinkies interlaced as we hugged each other in our final agreement then followed Chansung and Khun hyung to the sauna.

---

After the boys got settled in the sauna, Junsu decided to play a game to pass the time. The game was a twist on Spin the Bottle and Truth or Dare~

After a quick round of Rock, Paper, Scissors to decide who'd spin the bottle first, the game started. The old maknae won the game.

"Cha! Let's spin this bottle...

Please don't land on me, pleased don't land on me, please don't land on me... Yes! It got Taecyeon hyung!

"Aish!" exclaimed the big beast

"Assa! Ok... What the hell was up with you today when we were at you's? You were all nice and joking around when we met her in the elevator last week then now you were all cold and rude to her. What's up, dude?"

He glared at me for a bit but then answered, "she was acting like she didn't even know me the next day! She always went out and was on the phone talking, hardly looking my way or anything! Now what about you?! Why were you bad mouthing her?"

"Hey! I had weird feelings about her in the first place, she's a fan remember? We have to be catious! I know Jin-Young hyung trusts her, but I still had to be catious!"

We were at each others throats yelling about her when Nichkhun hyung and Junho stopped us.

"ENOUGH! That's enough you two! Calm down!" they said holding us back.

"Taec, you don't have the right to be acting that way towards her. Chansung, we've talked about this" Khun hyung said hold me back on the bench.

"Hyung! Calm down! She was probably awkward because I met her on the roof... She told her she was a fan. She promised me that she wouldn't tell anybody about us but can't you imagine being in her shoes? Of course things got awkward between all of us! Imagine meeting a group you were a fan of, knowing you were going to be working for them, actually telling one of them that you were a fan, I'd be pretty awkward around them too! But she tried to make things better by inviting us into her home and making us breakfast. Think about the other person first before you jump to conclusions..." Junho will such a maturity that surprised the hyungs and myself.

Taecyeon hyung was speechless for a few minutes. The atmosphere in the sauna was tense, unsure. Khun hyung, Junsu hyung, Junho and Wooyoung eyed both of carefully as they settled back down onto the bench.

"I never thought of it that way... I was hurt, I guess. She seemed like a really cool girl but then the whole sudden change of attitude towards me affected me. Man, she must feel like crap for what we've put her through. Mentally, anyways. We were nice to her at first then the cold shoulder must've shocked her more than us... What am I going to do, guys?" he sounded worn out beyond belief. 

Wooyoung finally said, "Chansungie, you need to apologize to her ASAP, Taecyeon hyung, why don't you tell her it's all a misunderstanding? Catch her in a good mood, maybe buy her that Green Tea Frap and have a chat with her. I don't want us all to be completely estranged from each other. How does that sound?" he finalized with a grin.

Junho and Junsu hyung looked amazed by Woo's proposition and readily agreed. I glanced at Taec hyung and nooded. Cha, it's all resolved. Well, the plan for the resolution has been made. All we need to do is make it happen.

--- 

The boys contiued the day in the bathhouse then ventured off to have lunch and go to the movies.

---

*back at 2PM's dorm*

The boys left their door open since I was the only neigbhor they got on our floor. Aigoo... This is going to be a LONG day...

I catiously walked in their dorm. It looked just it did in the show "The Haha Mong Show" when they had to wake up the boys. Heheh, Woo and Chan's blankets are still out on the couch. What dorks...

I let out a sigh then let my eyes travel around the place. Dishes that seemed to overflow needed to be washed, laundry, gotta clean the floors, dust the electronics, hmmm... 

"Where are the hook-ups to their speakers?" I wondered out loud. After some poking around, I found the plug-in for the speakers then I plugged my iPod in so I could have a "Forever Alone" dance party while I cleaned the dorm.

"Where should I start first?... Hmmm... I'll do the laundry one batch at a time so I won't mix up their clothes while I wash dishes and whatevers" I quickly decided to play a few songs by Super Junior from their new "y, Single & Free" album. My "Sad SuJu" playlist contained "Bittersweet," "Daydream", "A 'Good' Bye", and "Someday" all these songs brought a memory to me but it also gave me strength to go on.

I blasted these songs while I busted through the chores like a beast, just as I was in the kitchen preparing the boys dinner after a few hours, I was singing along to "Someday" when I felt a pair of eyes on me.

Eonjenganeun uri dasi mannari
Eodiro ganeunji amudo moreujiman
Eonjenganeun uri dasi mannari
Heeojin moseup idaero..

Someday, we will meet again
Even though we don’t know where we will go
Someday, we will meet again
With already separated identities…

I spun around as I finished the last line to find Papa J staring back at me smiling. 

"Oh my God! Papa J! W-what are you doing here? You scared me!" I laughed placing my hand on my heart.

"Did I scare you? I'm so sorry! I wanted to drop by here to see how you're adjusting with the guys. Are they out?" he asked peering around the corner down the hall.

"Yeah, they are. I told them to go out and have some fun while I stayed and cleaned the dorm, minus their rooms" I said looking down.

"Is there something wrong?" he started slowly.

"Can I tell you something, honestly? I feel like I can tell you this but I don't know if I should...

"Of course you can tell me anything, what's the matter? Did the boys do something or say something to you?" he said steppping closer. "Come, lets sit down and you can tell me what's the matter."

I nodded and follwed him to the couch. I sat closest to the kitchen, wanting to keep an eye on the dukboki. 

"Now," he started off. "What's wrong?"

I looked up at him with his sincere eyes and spilled everything that has gone down. From meeting Junho oppa on the roof top, to Taec oppa acting strange towards me, to the awkward breakfast this morning.

An aray of emotion rattled Papa J as I told him what has been bothering me. He went from shock, to curious to upset all in the hour it took to tell him everything.

"I don't know what to do now... I feel like giving up, but then again I know I shouldn't. I came here for a purpose, to study and work. I don't even know why I'm upset over this, I shouldn't be, right? I mean, I'm just their dorm mom. I shouldn't be acting like it hurt me or anything..."

"Hey" he cooed "you're still human. You can't pretend like it didn't hurt you. I'm actually surprised the boys acted that way towards you, they must have feelings for you then" he said thinking

"F-feelings? For me?" I stuttered in shock. "That can't be possible!"

"Oh it's possible. They usually don't act that way unless they have feelings for them. I can see Taec's point of view because you felt awkward for talking to Junho then the pressure of being their dorm mom who is also a fan got to you and you manifested it towards Taec. He felt that it was because of him and decided to "show" you how he felt by being cold to you. On Chansung though, he may be the youngest but he was just looking out for his hyungs. He must've been worried that with you being a fan, things could turn ugly. But know this, I do trust you and so does Junho. That guy has a good sense on who to trust people so I'm sure he'll influence the others. I really do hope things between you all work out. If you want, I'll even talk to the guys."

Shock over took me. I couldn't believe what he was telling me, I never thought of it in the way he explained it but what really surprised me was that I felt completely at ease with him and trusted his judgment. It took me a minute to recover from my shock.

"Jin-Young seonsaengnim... You'd really do that for me?" I said with tears welling up.

"Absolutely

"You don't have to though... I can handle this on my own. I really appreciate you talking to me about this though. I'm so glad you came by!" I said jumping up to give him a bone crushing hug.

"Ouff!" he said out of breath and in shock

"Oh I'm so sorry!" I said letting go quickly and blushing at my sudden actions

"Hahah! No, that's perfectly fine. You took me by surprise! I'm glad I could help. You're just like a daughter I never had. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please don't hesitant to call or stop by the office."

Tears were welling up again, "really? Thank you so much, Papa J!" I said hugging once again.

"Hahah, not at all. But I do have to get back to the office now." he said as I let go.

"Right! Please go safely! Thank you again for stopping by! Stop by anytime, I'll even stop by one of these days and drop off some rice cakes for you!" I said waving goodbye and laughing.

"That'd be great! Have a great day, you ! and Remember, you'll do fine" he said smiling as he closed the door.

I can do this. I know I can. I thought smiling as I checked on the dukboki.