The Hallway Path.

Love Like Cancer [Hiatus]

"Are you done with the dishes?"

"Yehh... Ms. Goon..." Nicole sighs and dry her hands on her apron. She turns the lights off in the kitchen and walks into the staircase that led downstairs. 

"Nicole..." Ms. Goon said out of no where and pulls her collar down to her eye level. "Where did you go yesterday with Young Master?" She whispers.

"Neh? Me? Uhh..." She looks down and bit her bottom lip. "I- I went to help carry his things..." 

"Things? Things for what?"

"Uh... For... For his girlfriend!"  She stutters.

"Oh really? Hmm... Park Gyuri is really back?"  She lets go and left with the satisfying answer. 'Park Gyuri? Why... Does that name sounds so familiar...' She thought about it for a second and shook it off. 'Oh well, I'll remember when the time comes.' She continues down the stairs and looks at her cell phone. 

"It's already eight? Time flies..." Nicole said to herself and starts undressing out of her uniform. She strolls down the quiet dark halls humming to herself. 'Every time... I walk down here... I feel like someone is just following me... And it is the darkest part of the whole house...' Nicole rubs her arm and felt goosebumps. 'When am I going to sleep in the normal rooms like the other maids?' She hums a little louder and dare not look back. But the halls just felt like a never ending path. "Aish... Don't let your imaginations run wild Jung Nicole..." She whispers and pace herself. Suddenly she hears some footsteps following her. Nicole stops and held her breath. 'W-who would be down here at this time...' She squeezes tightly onto her apron and shuts her eyes. 'Just keep walking!'  She said and starts again. 

"Hey you..." A faint voice came from behind her. She hears. 'A guy's voice?! We don't have any guy maid here?!' Nicole was sweating and out of breath. 'Keep going!' She thought and dashes to her room. The footsteps chases after her. 

"Ahhh!" She screams.

"Wait~" The voice said. Too scare to care, she keeps running and enters her room. But without thinking she scurries into her room without locking the door and hid in the closet. She sits in there trying to catch her breath. 'Aish! The door! Why didn't I lock it?!' Abruptly with force, the door swings open. 'EPP!' Nicole covers with her hand. She was basically crying now. She can hear the ghost move on and about in the room. "Lady~~ Where are you~~ Come out~~" Nicole slowly scan the closet for a clothes hanger. She grabs it. 'Please... Don't look in here!' She held her breath, but there wasn't any sound anymore. 'Is he gone?' Instantly the closet door flew open. 

"AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!"

[Meanwhile]
Nickhun has been waiting outside of Gyuri's apartment for three hours. Waiting for her to finish dinner with her husband, Chansung. He kicks at his tire in frustration. 'It's getting late! Why isn't she finish?!' He frowns Chansung's car. "How are you so great compare to me? You're car's not even updated..." He utters and smirks to himself. Suddenly the door to the entrance opens and he rushes back into his car.

"Thanks for tonight." Chansung said as he follows after Gyuri. 

"It's nothing." She smiles. Nickhun glares at them and turns away when Chansung pulls her into a kiss. His blood was racing through his body. Nickhun was not far away. He can hear clearly what they were saying. They pull away. "Now go to your Almoni, she's going to worry about your absences."

"Haha... She always worry." He laughs. He gazes at her. 

"What are you staring at? Is there something on my face?" She jokes.

"No... Not that. You're just beautiful that's all." He serenades. Nickhun exhales and walks out of his car; still hidden in the bushes. He grins his teeth together. "I know that... This marriage is for business reasons..." Chansung starts. Nickhun's eyes widens. "But I truly love you and I will do anything, to keep you happy." Nickhun sees Gyuri smile at his remark. 

"You're the only star I see in the sky." She giggles and kisses him again. Nickhun clenches his fist. "In this night sky, you're the only star I see Nickhun!" His anger flows as memories came to him. After a couple of minutes Chansung finally leaves and as she was about to go back, he grabs her wrist. 

"Is it true? Marriage only for business issues?!" He shouts. She widens her eyes. "You don't really love him right?!" 

"I like him." She blurts. His breath was continuously running. "But I love you Nickhun." 

"Then why?!" 

"Because my father need me! He's old now and I don't want him to be stress." She explains. He lets go. 

"Me or your father?"

"What?!"

"Choose me or your father, whose it going to be?!" He shouts. It was quiet. Gyuri inhales then looks at him straight in the eyes.

"Off course I choose you. But I need this marriage to make him happy first..." She confess. "Can't... You wait for me?" She ask and lay her hand on his chest. He looks at her and shuts his eyes. 

"I'll... Wait. But not forever." He utters. She pulls him into a kiss but he backs off. "Not tonight." She looks at him. 

"Then tomorrow." She announces. "Tomorrow is my welcome back party. Go to your hotel and I'll see you there." She smiles and kiss him on the cheek. He looks at her one last time and turns around. "Oh, and Nickhun..." He stops walking. "Bring your... Girlfriend too..."