Need to Go.

Love Like Cancer [Hiatus]

 

"Sleep."

"No, I think I'm good. I want to see mother open her eyes again."

"She will, you just have a rest."

“Aunt Mann... When did she faint?”

“Yesterday afternoon. She wanted to contact you but, she was too weak.” Aunt Mann said. She look over to Nichkhun, who was on his phone. “Who’s he?” Nicole looks over and frown.

“My boss...”

“Why is he here?”

“He was my only transportation at the moment.”

“Right... Now that I think about it, you’re very pale. Did something happen?” Nicole froze and felt her cheeks. They were cold. She lied and look back at her mother. This was not the time to worry about another patient. A couple of minutes later Nichkhun walks over.

“Hey.” Nicole looks up. He wave for her to stand. She look at Aunt Mann then stood.

“What is it?” He leans in and Nicole back away.

“What are you doing?” She said. He roll his eyes.

“Where’s the bathroom?” He whisper. Nichkhun turns away and clears his throat? ‘Don’t tell me he’s embarrass to ask me that?’ Nicole sighs.

“It’s outside.” She blurt. He widens his eyes and look at her. “What?”

“You want me to do my business outside?!” He loudly whisper. Nicole look at him in disbelief. “Is that what you country people do?!” Nicole glare at him.

“It’s in a bathhouse! This neighborhood shares it. Is there a problem?” He stare at her.

“Where’s the nearest hotel from here?” Nicole sighs.

“In the next town.” Nichkhun looks at her intensely.

“Are you serious?”

“Very.” He shut his eyes and whine.

“I can’t believe this... Take me there.”

“What? It’s only a block away. You’ll find it, no problem.” Nicole said and sat back down.

“What?! Omo. You-” He utter and rub the back of his neck. He exhale and went to sit ion the stool in the corner. “I believe this...” Nicole ignores him and look at her mother. She caresses her forehead and rub it gently.

“Get better mother... Get better.” She sings. Nichkhun watches her and look away. ‘Mother...’ After thirty minutes Nihckhun walks over and grabs Nicole’s hand.

“We’re going.” He said and pull her up.
 
“What?! my mother’s not even well yet! how can you leave now?!”

“I really need to go!” He said and continues to pull her. Aunt Mann look at them, confused.

“Stop! I want to stay with my mother!” Nicole shouts and bit Nichkhun’s hand. He yelps and let go right away. “I’m not going back until my mom gets better!” Nichkhun looks at her in shock.

“What are you saying?!” he shouts.

“Y-you said that you wanted to go back home.” He rub his face and groan again.

“I need to go to the bathroom!” He audibly whisper. “I can’t believe you bit me?!” He shout and look at his hand. Nicole bit her bottom lip.

“Go. It’ll just be for a while. I’ll watch your mom.” Aunt Mann said. Nicole look at her aunt and nod.

“Are you going to be quick?” She asks Nichkhun.

“Sheesh!” He said and grab her hand again. He pull her out the door. Nicole watch him as he rushes down the stairs and out the front door. ‘Guess he can’t wait any longer.’ Nicole thought and couldn’t help grin. When they reach outside Nichkhun let’s go. “Ok where to next?” He said quickly. He notices Nicole’s grin. “You!”

“It’ll be down this way.” She said before he yells at her. He narrow his eyes at her then started down that way.