A Mistake.

Love Like Cancer [Hiatus]

 

 

 

I'm so sorry for not updating in a long time but I'm been crazy with school and now after some relaxing time and brainstorming I will continue to update this story. Thanks for the wait, comment, supporters, and readers. BTW check out the new trailer and poster I did, with the help of Adorable Maknae ^^

"Be sure to rebandage her knee..."

"Ms. Goon, why are we taking care of a maid, who just started working here and is working UNDER us."

"Yeah, why do we have to take care of her? She hasn't even been here for a month and she's getting this kind of treatment?!"

"I don't know! All Young Master said was to wrap her up nicely and let her rest." Nicole can hear Ms. Goon's voice echo in her head.

"Psh! I've been here for two years and I've never had this kind of treatment!"

"Yeah. She must be sleeping with him already."

"Girls!" Ms. Goon utters. She slowly open my eyes. 'Where am I?' Nicole can hear Ms. Goon rushing over from the sink and putting a wet cloth over her forehead. "Nicole! You're awake! Dear! How are you feeling?!" She squint her eyes as she feel the poking pain from her hip. 'Right I damage my hip, I forgot.'

"Why am I back here?" She manage to say.

"I don't know where you and Young Master went. However you guys came in this morning and you were a totally mess. So we clean you up and everything. Nicole, what happened?" She asks. Nicole thought about it for a moment and tries to sit up. "Careful!" Ms. Goon exclaims. She position herself nicely and look around the room. This wasn't her room in the basement, but the guest room. 'Strange...' Then suddenly a light went up in her head.

"Mom!" She shot her eyes open. "Where's my mother?! Where is she?!" She said and grab Ms. Goon's arm.

"Mother? Why would I know where your mother is?" She replies. Nicole threw the covers to the ground.

"Where's Nichkhun?! I need to talk to him!"

"Young Master? He's probably in his room? Why?" Nicole held her hip and put her foot onto the ground she struggle her way to The door. Ms. Goon and the two maids make their way to her. "No I can go on myself." She said and head out. Nicole was dress in an exaggerated white foral pajamas and had on white socks. 'What am I wearing?!' She rushed down the hall over to the elevator. 'What happened after I passed out? How can I already be here? What happened to my mother?' She ask herself as the elevator reach the top floor. She quickly lean herself onto the wall and made her way to Nichkhun's room. His room was the second largest bedroom in the building. As Nicole approach the door she knocks on it loudly.

"N-Nichhun! Open the door!" She shout. It didn't matter whether she was going to lose her job or not. Her mother was her first priority from the start. The need for money or to even keep surviving was because her mother was still waiting. If Nichkhun drew her way from that. She would have been nothing... She just wants know where her mother was. It was a long time until she finally heard footsteps from the other side. Nicole took a step back from the door and exhale. Slowly the door opens. Nichkhun, shirtless, appears from his bedroom.

"Did you forget who's the boss here?"

"Where's my mother?" Nicoles ask. Nichkhun smirk.

"I can't believe you bugged me for this..." Nichkhun brush his hair back. "She's in better hands, better place now ok?" So stop bugging me." He blurts. Nicole froze. 'In better place?' Nicole heavily breathe.

"You're lying!" She utters. Nichkhun narrow his eyes at her. Nicole's tears starts to falls as Nichkhun takes a step forward. He laughs.

"Are you stupid? You're crying? Are you think-" Suddenly Nicole slaps him right across the face. She glares at him.

"You took me away form my mom! I didn't get to see her... As she takes her last breath..." She scowl at Nickhun. Nicole slightly turns to her left. "I could've done something to save her! I..." She turns back to look at Nichkhun. He was still in the same position, looking at the ground. "You don't know how it feels! How it feels to lose someone right in front of you while you're unable to do anything! People like you deserve to live a lonely life!" Nicole shouts. "Just because you're rich doesn't mean you get to control a person's life. NEVER!" She pants, trying to catch her breath. Nicole shuts her eyes and ran back downstairs. She ignore the pain in her hips again and ran out the front door as the other maid stare with confusion. Nichkhun stares with eyes wide open at the floor. He clench his teeth together.

"What's wrong Khunie?" A girl says coming from his room. She put her hands on his shoulder. "Need some loving now?"

"DON'T TOUCH ME!" He shouts and push her away. "Get out of my face, !" Nichkhun heavily breath and stomp back into his room. He grab the clean maid clothes, that has been hanging on his coat hanger, and throws it onto the ground. "Jung Nicole... I'll make you pay for belittling me." He snarls.
Um2SvDxIJWF6nLPqFkeBj5XXJO0cORUX696Cv9F_
"MOM!!" Nicole shouts. She was in the park. Off course there was no where for her to go. All this time she was living as a maid in the Horvejkul residence. People that were walking by didn't even give her a second look. "Mom... You're gone now... Why should I even live anymore..." She sobs and buries her face on her palms. 'This was her fate after all. To live alone and die alone.'

"Nicole?" Someone says. Nicole slowly look up. It was Chansung. "Why are you crying? What are you doing here?"

"Chansung?"

"Why are you in pajamas and out here in the park? Shouldn't you be with Nichkhun?" Chansung leans down to look at her closer. Nicole was still a mess from all the crying. "Nicole..." He lifts hand up to her cheek and wipe the tears. "You most be in so much pain..." He said and calmly hug her. She shut her eyes and sob a little more. Nicole lean her head on his shoulder for second. She was too weak to cry alone. "Don't worry, she'll be fine." He whisper. Nicole stop crying. She sniff and huff.

"Worry?"

"Your mother... She's in my care now so rest assure. Her condition is not good but there's still hope." He said. Nicole push Chansung away.

"M-my mother?!" Nicole wipe her tears and stood up. "Where is she?"

"In my hospital. She resting now-"

"Please! Take me to her!"
NWo9FPRqmtVgTxc7FAw6VfRiNttBwi_3YOm9az6b
"So... He took my mother here and paid for everything?" Nicole ask. Chansung had showed her the room her mother was resting in. She was being taken care of and everything. She couldn't believe what a turn of table this was.

"I was also surprise when he ask to care for this lady his didn't even know. He even had to look up her background and history to sign the hospital papers. You really need to thank him for this." Chansung finish. Nicole looks at her mother and faintly smile. 'Mother... I'm sorry I wasn't raise to be the girl you want me to be...'

“Is there anything I can do?”

“You just need to stay by her side and care for her. Everything in under control. Your mothers eyes are stable but she still can’t see yet. It’ll be a while until she awakes.” Nicole sigh.

“Thanks for everything...” She said. Chansung  walk over to the door.

“Don’t thank me remember? Make sure you make up with him. I hear he has a bad temper.” Chansung smiles and walks out. ‘You got that right...’  Nicole walk over and sit in the chair next to her mother. She held her mother’s hand and fix her hair.

“Umma... Saranghae...” After a couple of minutes a nurse walks in.

“Miss Jung?”

“Yes...”

“This is a note from Mr. Horvejkul. He wants me to tell you to read this right away.” She said and hands it to Nicole. Nicole held her breath and nervously reach for it. She opens the envelope up and took out the paper. She didn’t forget any of the words she shout at Nichkhun earlier and so did he. Nichkhun rewrote her little speech and a little side comment of his opinion. Nicole read the letter with widen eyes. She couldn’t believe what was being said in this paper. She was in HUGE trouble. After Nicole finished reading she still couldn’t grasp what was said. “Are you done?” Said the nurse. Nicole slightly nod her head. “He told me to tell you that after you’re done reading the letter he would like you to return to his room or else all of your mother’s care would be shut down. I don’t know what he means by this but he also told me that the last line that you said earlier will be proven to you... That’s all.” She said and walks out. Nicole squeeze the paper in her hands... “Just because you're rich doesn't mean you get to control a person's life. NEVER!" Those words echoed in her head.