Differently Similar

All Over Again

 

HYOSUNG's POV

Everyone looks at me differently here at my new school. Good different and Bad different. I wanted to ask Jieun why they are like that but I shook my thoughts away. Maybe it's just a nervous feeling from coming to a new school. I'll get used to it, somehow. Even though I've only been here for 2 days, I've met some wonderful and fun friends, just like Jieun. I was walking along the hallway, on my way to my classroom when I saw HIM by the stairs. He was talking to Youngjae. Then I turned around when someone suddenly called my name.

"Hyosung-ah.!"

"Oh Jieun-ah. Why in a hurry.?" I asked

"I-I t-though I was going to be late for school" she panted

I chuckled and linked my arm with hers "Well aren't you glad you weren't.?"

As we walked back again, I tilted my head to catch a glimpse of him and caught him staring at me too. With such a sad look on his eyes. I can see right through him, it's like he's been in so much pain. Locked in a cell that can't manage to get out.

 

DAEHYUN's POV:

There she was, walking to the classroom with Jieun. My heart is breaking because I can't do anything but just look at her. I stopped myself from staring at her and turned back my attention to Youngjae who seems to have caught what I was doing.

Youngjae sighed and looked at me "She's not Shinji, Daehyun-ah. She's Hyosung, she's different from her"

"I know" I whispered

"Please don't fall for her. Don't get attracted" he said

I looked at him, twitching my eyebrows "What.? Who said anything about falling inlove.? I only love Shin--"

"Shinji. You only love Shinji.? Don't fool me. I can see the way you look at her. Everytime you see her, you imagine that she's her. Hyosung doesn't know anything about Shinji. If she falls inlove with you and you only love her because she resembles your past love, that's just, that's just not right. For you and for Hyosung"

I kept quiet for a moment and slowly nodded my head "I won't". He was right. I can't fall inlove with her, it will just hurt her and me. I can't let myself be captured by a walking image of Shinji.

 

~~~~~~~

 

"So are you settled with everything here in school, Hyosung-ah.?" Jieun asked

Hyosung smiled as she closed her book "Yep. I signed up for the Piano club"

Jieun sat next to her "Oh piano.? You know how to play.? Daehyun is really good in piano too" 

She paused for a moment. "Really.? Doesn't look like it"

"You wouldn't believe how good he is. But now, he's not playing anymore"

"Why.? Did something happen.?" she asked

"Oh-uh. Nothing. M-maybe he was bored with it already. I don't know. But um, didn't you sign up for the dance club.? I thought you like dancing" Jieun stuttered, trying to change the subject

"I do. But I'm not sure yet. I just wanted to focus on piano first. Plus, I already dance alot at my dad's studio" she answered

Jieun gasped and squeezed her arm "I know.! Would you like to perform with us next month.? Me and my friends whose from a different school always perform in their University's festival. And the guys perform there too"

She nodded her head in agreement "That sounds fun. Why not"

 

~~~~~~~

"Aaaaahhh. I don't understand any of this!" Himchan whined

Jieun slapped his arm. "Sssshhh.! We're in the library "

"That's what you get for sleeping during Ms. G-na's class" Yongguk said

All of them were in the library, doing their invidual schoolwork so that they can spend the whole afternoon hanging out. The maknaes are focusing on reading their korean recital with their Youngjae hyung teaching them. Daehyun was focusing on his schoolwork while Hyosung was practicing her piano skills, the table being her piano.

 

"What are you doing Hyosung noona.?" Jongup asked

"I'm just practicing for my audition for the piano club" she smiled

Yongguk looked at her. "I'm looking forward to your piano skills, Hyosung-ssi"

"Kamnsamida" she replied

 

While they were talking, Daehyun was actually listening to them. "Piano?" . His memories starting to pull him back in the past. He remembered how Shinji always looks at him whenever he plays her favorite song and how he taught her to play.

 

"I don't know how to do this. Am I doing this right.?I keep pressing the wrong keys" Shinji pouted

Daehyun chuckled and looked at her "It's alright. You're still learning."

She sighed and nodded her head "Arasso. I'll try my very best"

"Why do you want to learn so sudden anyway."? he asked

"So that I can play with you" she smiled and leaned her head into his shoulder

 

 

"Daehyun-ah.! Daehyun-ah.!" Youngjae called him

He rapidly blinked his eyes and looked at him "What.?"

"We were talking about the University festival at your Sunhwa noona's school. Jieun and the girls are gonna perform and us too" Himchan said

"I'll pass" he exclaimed flatly

Zelo leaned closer to the table. "Hyung. You can't pass. Other than Youngjae hyung. You have the most angelic voice"

"He sings too?" .Hyosung thought to herself "I didn't know you have a good voice Daehyun-ssi"

"You don't have to know" he said, not looking into her eyes

"O-oh. Right. I didn't mean to pry. I'm sorry" she apologized. She looked at the others who looked at her with sad eyes

"Yah Daehyun-ah. That's not nice to talk to Hyosung that way" Yongguk spat

She quickly shook her hear "Oh don't worry. It's alright". Truth is, she was hurt by what Daehyun said. But there's nothing she can complain, she only knew him for just 2 days and they rarely talk to each other. Even though they're classmates and she hangs out with his friends, they can't call what they have friendship, it was merely nothing first.

"I'm still not participating" .Daehyun stood from his seat and walked out of the library

Youngjae turned to her and half-smiled "I'm sorry about that Hyosung. He's just. . . . . like that" 

She smiled back  and watched Daehyun disappear from the library "I understand"

 

~~~~~~~

Two weeks had passed and it was still the same, for Daehyun that is. He tried himself to avoid Hyosung as possible as he can. Even the littlest thing she does makes him insane. It was filling his mind with so many Shinji's. As for Yongguk, he grew attached to her and treats her just like his little sister. He surely did miss to have someone to mess with and joke around. 

Hyosung was looking around the cafeteria and found Jieun waving at her. She walked up to them and smiled "Heeeeey guys.   I brought something you might like" 

Jieun looked at the box in her hands "What's in the box.?"

"My favorite. Cheesecaaakkee. I made it myself" she replied as she placed the box on the table

"Whoah noona. It looks delicious" Jongup exclaimed

"Have a slice. Tell me how it is" she said.

Himchan took a bite first. He closed his eyes and sighed happily "You're really good Hyosung-ah. It's really delicious"

Zelo brought his hand to his mouth & made a 'mwah' sound. "It really is noona. The way it melts into my mouth is just. .mmnn" 

"I'm so glad." She turned her attention to Daehyun and offered him a slice. "Would you like some.?"

Daehyun covered his mouth with his mask. "I hate sweets"

"I-Is that so.? I'm sorry" she apologized, for the 2nd time again

Yongguk sighed and placed the fork down "Daehyun-ah"

"No hyung. Let me handle this" Youngjae said as he grabbed Daehyun's arm and walked out of the cafeteria, standing in the hallway. "What are you doing Daehyun-ah.?!"

Daehyun glared at him "You told me not to get attracted.!"

"Being mean and cold to her won't stop you from getting attracted to her either.! Can't you try to be more nicer.? She's trying her best to get close to you. To get through you" Youngjae rambled

"You said it yourself Youngjae that I can't fall inlove with her because I only see Shinji in her. No one else. Whenever she does something, it always reminds me of Shinji. Her smile. Her laugh. The one with the piano and now the cheesecake" he said

Youngjae slowly nodded "You're right. She's just like Shinji in many possible ways, but she's different from her. Just because she reminds you of her doesn't mean that they are the same person. Don't keep on dragging yourself from the past. Nothing will ever change if you keep on doing that" . He looked at Daehyun for a moment and walked back inside the cafeteria.

"She's just like Shinji but she's different from her" . Youngjae's word's struck him. Thinking of what he should do next, he leaned his head against the wall and looked down on the floor. "Help me Shinji-ah. I don't know what to do anymore" he whispered to himself.

 

 

 

 

(Aaaaawww. Daehyun-ah.! When will you soften your feelings towards Hyosung >_<)