Almost There

All Over Again

 

Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you will get. Just like Daehyun and Hyosung, both of them were too afraid to admit their feelings for each other, but the outcome of it was something sweet that they both loved and cherished. After the talk about Shinji, they grew closer. They grew so close that their friends are growing impatient with them. Impatient because they weren't a couple, just yet.

 

"Yah seriously Mr. Jung Daehyun. When are you gonna ask her to be your girlfriend.?! Are you waiting for Christmas or something.?! You're so slow" Youngjae nagged

Daehyun rolled his eyes and glanced at Youngjae "Maybe I am"

"Youngjae hyung, can you please pass me that cookie.?" Zelo asked

"Are you freakin' serious.?! All those things that we've done for you.?! And you're making it much longer.?" he said, ignoring Zelo

Zelo pouted and shook his arm "Hhyyuuung. Can you not hear me.? I said please pass me the cookie"

"Then why don't you ask her out then.? If you're rushing that much." Daehyun counterback

Youngjae smirked and went near him, laughing evily, still ignoring Zelo "Arasso. I won't say 'no' to that. I'll make her mine"

He glared at him and hit him with a magazine "You dare lay a finger on her and you're dead. Even if you're my bestfriend"

Youngjae dramatically gasped and placed his hand over his chest "I beg your pardon.?!"

"You heard me. Never touch my girl" he said

"Did I heard that right.? Your GGIIIIRRRLL.? Since when.? You haven't even asked her to be your girlfriend and now she's your girl.? Pffftt " Youngjae teased

"Oh shut up" he murmured as he walked past him

Zelo stood from his seat "Am I that invicible to you hyung's.? All I ever wanted was a cookie"

Jongup groaned and grabbed the cookie from the table and stuffed it right into Zelo's mouth "Happy.?"

"Gshdomawo" he mumbled, munching on his cookie

 

 

~~~~~~~

"I'm sorry we never told you about Shinji. We just didn't want to confuse you. And and and . . . I'm so sorry" Jieun apologized

Hyosung held onto her hand "It's alright. I'm happy that Daehyun told me"

"I know. That's because he loves you, that's why he doesn't want to keep it a secret. That's how I know him, he never keeps a secret from the one he really cares and loves" Jieun said

"Was he like that to Shinji too.?" she half smiled

"Are you mad.? Angry.? Frustrated.? Irritated.?" Jieun asked

She shook her head "No, it's just that a part of me says that whenever he looks at me, he looks at Shinji through me. I-I don't know. I'm trying to understand. I'm really trying"

Jieun bit her lip and stared at her "Don't you love him anymore.?"

"N-no.! I-I love him.! Nothing will ever change"

"Then there's nothing you should worry about. You have no idea how much we tried to let him get out from his lonely capsule. And since you came everything changed, not because you look like Shinji, but because you're Jun Hyosung. You love him as much as he loves you. Well, technically I think he loves you more. But I'm serious Hyosung-ah. You are now his future, his life. Don't let him get away. You're almost there"

She nodded her head and smiled "Thanks Jieun-ah. For everything"

 

 

~~~~~~~

"Hyuuuunngg.! Daehyun is being weird and all 'taking up things slow' with Hyosung.! What do we do.? Should we trap him in a submarine and have Hyosung for ourselves.?! I can live with that.!" Youngjae yelled from the living room, completely annoying Daehyun who was laying in the couch

"Yah.! Shut up. You've been bugging me for 5 hours already" he whined

"Then just ASK HER OUT already.!! Youngjae is f--ckin noisy and he won't stop unless you take action.!" Himchan shouted from the kitchen

Yongguk walked out of the kitchen and sat on the 'hand' couch "Why are you taking it slow with little Hyo, anyway.?"

"I wanted to ask her on her birthday" he answered

"But hyung, Hyosung noona's birthday is on December. That's too long" Jongup said

"Well, I'm okay with it. Love is patience. It takes time. He's just getting ready you guys. Just wait for the right moment. Let him do things the way he wanted" Yongguk exclaimed

Daehyun clapped his hands together and sighed in relief  "Finally.! Someone who understands me."

"Aish.! I give up. I never win at these kind of love things. Why isn't love more about school works anyway.? sduyshaksdhiywkn." Youngjae mumbled as he stepped inside the kitchen "But I still won't stop bugging you, you know.!"

Zelo and Jongup stood from their seat and followed Youngjae in the kitchen. Probably gonna beg him to cook something to eat.

"Are you gonna go there tomorrow.?" Yongguk asked as he the television

Daehyun nodded his head and smiled "And I'll bring Hyosung with me"

Yongguk chuckled and glanced at him "That's good. Have you told her already.?"

He shook his head and grabbed his cellphone "I will now" . He went outside the balcony and closed the door behind, waiting for her to pick up. Few rings later, she finally picked up.

"Hello.?"

"Purple gummy bear, it's me" he said. It was his special nickname for her and he didn't want anyone else to call her that

Hyosung giggled through the phone "Neh Wonbin-ssi.?"

He chuckled, hearing the nickname she named for him. No one has ever called him that because he doesn't want to be compared to anyone, but hearing her call him that made him happy and satisfied. "Are you free tomorrow.?"

"No, I'm quite expensive" she joked

"Ha Ha. Very funny" he smiled, his cheeks nearly falling

She giggled through the phone "Arasso. I'll stop. Yes I'm free"

"Let's go to the beach tomorrow. It's Shinji's 3rd year death anniversary"

She kept quiet for a moment, only the sound of their breath can be heard from the line. "Mmmnn. Arasso. Do you want me to bring some flowers or anything.?"

"No it's okay. No need for that. I'll pick you up around 8 am"

"Mmmn. Arasso. See you tomorrow Wonbin-ssi" she teased, and with that she hung up

 

 

~~~~~~~

September 11, 2012

Exactly 8:40 am, they arrived on the beach. As usual, they walked towards the giant rocks and sat. Both of them wandering their eyes on the deep blue beach and feeling the cold breezy air. They didn't talk for a moment, silence taking over. Daehyun glanced at Hyosung and wrapped his arm around her shoulders.

Hyosung was surprised by what he did but leaned her head against his shoulder instead, closing her eyes.

"I'm sorry" Daehyun murmured

She opened her eyes and stared at the sky "For what.?"

"For taking things slow. Youngjae is more excited about us than I am. That smartass bestfriend of mine keeps on bugging me"

She chuckled and buried her face into his neck "I'm okay with taking things slow"

He hugged her tighter and smiled "Gomawo. And Purple gummy bear.?"

"Hmmm.? What is it.?"

"Saranghae"

"W-what.?" She quickly looked up to him and stared in his eyes, suprised by what he said

Daehyun cupped her face and kissed her forehead "SA-RANG-HAE"

Hyosung smiled and slowly went back to leaning her head into his shoulder "Nado Saranghae"

 

"Shinji-ah. I wanted you to see the love of my life. The one who glued together my broken heart. I just wanna say thank you for all the memories that we've shared. I'll never forget you. But I hope you're not mad at Hyosung for taking your place. You're still in my heart but now, she plays a bigger role in my life. I don't think I'll be able to live if I lose her. I already lost you, I'm not gonna let it happen to her"

"Shinji. I thank you from the very bottom of my heart. I wasn't really sure before if I should be concerned about the matters between you and Daehyun but now, I'm sure. I'm really sorry that I took him away from you, this guy just literally blew me away. I love him so much and I hope you shower us with many blessings. I promise I'll never leave his side. Ever"

 

With taking things slow, they were sure that they love each other. Even if they weren't an official couple yet, they felt that they already were. Both unknowingly smiling, they stared at the sky and thanked that one particular girl that fated them to be together. 

 

 

 

 

 

(When will they ever be together.?? ^_^ I just wish this happens in real life. I can dream, can I.? ^_^)